It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A must listen interview (Colonal Phillip Corso and Art Bell)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   
This may be a bit old, but I feel it is the most important interview Art Bell has had. It is quite possible this has been discussed here before, but I want to put an emphasis on this. It is a testimony of one of the most credible persons who has hands on information about Extreterrestrials. If you have not heard this yet, make sure you do.

Corso teamed up with William Barnes to write a book called "The day after Roswell"

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/21a217f3fcf0.jpg[/atsimg]

The Day After Roswell is an American book about extraterrestrial spacecraft and the Roswell UFO incident. It was written by retired United States Army Colonel Philip J. Corso, with help from William J. Birnes, and was published by Pocket Books in 1997. The book claims that an extraterrestrial spacecraft crashed near Roswell, New Mexico in 1947 and was recovered by the United States government, who then sought a cover up all evidence of extraterrestrials.

The majority of the book is an account of Colonel Corso's claims that he was assigned to a secret government program that provided some material recovered from crashed spacecraft to private industry (without saying where the items came from) to reverse engineer them for corporate use. The book contends that several aspects of modern technology such as fiber optics and computer chips were developed by using information taken from the craft.

Colonel Corso also claims the world was at "war" with extraterrestrials and that the Strategic Defense Initiative project was part of that campaign that was successfully concluded in Earth's favour.

The book concludes with reproduction of information about Project Horizon a 1950's US Army plan for bases on the Moon

From Wikipedia

-E-

[edit on 18-8-2010 by MysterE]

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Was that member just banned for his comment?

-E-

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by MysterE

I read the book.

It has some compelling ideas, but I was never really sold on the whole premise that all those inventions were reverse engineered from alien technology.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by MysterE
Was that member just banned for his comment?
It's against ATS policy to discuss the reasons a member is banned so you won't get an answer to that, but the member is banned.

Regarding Corso, I didn't really need the history channel to debunk him, but they did it anyway:

Colonel Corso debunked on History Channel

I watched the George Knapp interviews on ATS here:

George Knapp Interviews UFO Whistle-Blower Colonel Philip Corso (ATS Exclusive)

That was entertaining, like a good sci-fi novel. But not credible at all.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   
No, he was banned for spamming his one-line post into multiple threads.

As you can see in the Board Business and Questions forum we deal with intelligent questions about the site in the best way we can.

Spamming a one-line attack (if you can even dignify a one line statement by calling it an attack) is pretty plainly against the T&C's.

So no, that "member" was not banned for asking a question.

Sorry for the interruption, back to the topic of the thread please.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   
I'm curious about this thread as well. I always drift back to Corso's case when things are slow here in UFO&A.

I find his story, even if fluffed up a bit, is rather intriguing. I can't fathom why would anyone with such accomplished career, at the last stage in life, exert himself to orchestrate such seamless fraud.

If this is a hoax...it's a masterpiece to me...

Has dust settled? Has everyone picked his/her side of the fence on this?

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   
This interview is an absolute gem . I personally believe that it is one of Arts best ever and I encourage everyone to listen to it at least once.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   

I find his story, even if fluffed up a bit, is rather intriguing. I can't fathom why would anyone with such accomplished career, at the last stage in life, exert himself to orchestrate such seamless fraud.

No doubt Corso really beefed up his own ego, and role in this alleged endeavor.

However, I can't escape the idea that a lot of this makes sense.

One of the most intriguing things, is a very small detail, but one I've found in other accounts, and it's very specific. In his book, Corso often goes into a lot of detail about the dark eyes being the result of a membrane, that actually functioned as night vision. This membrane appears in other accounts, kind of like other bio details such as the four fingered hands with small suction nodules on the tips, etc. In the faked alien autopsy footage, they are shown removing such a membrane from the eye also. Granted, the video is a fraud, but again, it's just odd how such details seem to crop up.

He certainly seemed to be in a position to do what he said, but at the same time, some of his facts don't add up. However, with memories that are old, that isn't surprising. Try thinking back to old memories YOU had, with any real detail on specifics.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I think he gets debunked a lot because people will say that a lot of the technology he says he seeded into research was already being worked on by numerous research teams. But I think he made it clear that was understood, that a lot of the stuff from the aliens (time travelers, actually), was being worked on, but the more advanced stuff was given to the researchers to boost them along, and to give them insight into new areas of exploration. Some of it took off faster than others. Lasers developed faster than psychic controllers, because we don't have a good psychic field systems development group in place.

As for the specifics of what he did or didn't do, that's all pretty hard to tell, since he was a spook, and their business is to be, well, spooky, and hard to pin down.

Otherwise, except for his poor organizational and speaking skills, Philip Corso, Jr., the son, has a lot more interesting things to say about what his dad didn't have time or inclination to put in the first book, which was rushed to be published on the 50th Anniversary of Roswell, and stayed away from the weirder, stranger aspects of the work and the technology.

I would still like to find somebody who had the sense to download all the Corso Sr., unpublished notes that were put up on Corso Jr.'s website for that couple of days before they were taken off. It would be very interesting to read.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue Shift

I would still like to find somebody who had the sense to download all the Corso Sr., unpublished notes that were put up on Corso Jr.'s website for that couple of days before they were taken off

Yes, I would be very much interested also. Mr. Corso gave off impression as a detail-oriented gentleman. I would assume he kept meticulous notes on important events promptly. If the notes referring to his claims, written at the time when they occurred, exists, then the feeble mind/memory arguments can be thrown out the window.

Some people were keen to object that his work led to many advances in modern technology, and thus rejects the whole story altogether. We need to distinguish such claim as nothing more than the fluff that comes with his career and environment. The core claim is that a cabinet filled with foreign artifacts rolled into his office and that he was involved in packaging/funneling the information to the private industry (I wouldn't call it a technology transfer, since "technology" implies you know how it works).

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   
I read his book a few years ago and have watched all the video clips I can find on the guy. What I find most interesting when looking at stories like this and indeed with life itself is human nature. We are all basic creatures who are motivated by simple needs, the most basic is to survive which means we need food,water,shelter and in todays society a bit of cash for entertainment purposes. So when I look at people like Corso I always look at their motivations for exposing the information. I think most of us would be in agreement that his credentials are real, the guy was where he said he was. I am sure we can also agree that if anyone was to make enquiries to the government or military about him they are not going to give any info on the guy confirming or denying his story, basic standard procedure for them.

So what we are left with is a guy who claims to have seen, touched and worked on Alien artifacts and ties it altogether with the Roswell incident. If you believe in Roswell then his claims are going to be interesting at the least. So back to human nature, either this guy is lying for some form of personal gain, he is bonkers (which could mean he beleives he is telling the truth) or... he is really telling the truth.

The guy wrote this book very near the end of his life, lets be fair and say he probably knew he didnt have too much longer left, I mean any of us could drop dead tomorrow from a heart attack etc.. but at his age even in seemingly good health you never know whats round the corner. From this we can deduct that financial gain or fame would only last for a short time so I dont beleive (from the information available) that this was a motive for him. Which puts us on to is the guy Bonkers ?? Well from watching many clips of the guy giving interviews he seems to be very coherent and stright with his answers. He behaves naturally and even at his age when the interviews were given seems totally in control of his faculties. In my opinion If he is a liar he is a very good one. You have to consider that this guy has been given various positions of responsibility throughout his career so we would hope he is a reliable person, we would hope he is somone who always gave honest and accurate reports to his superiors through his years of service. So he really should be conditioned to behave in a certain way due to his military background.

Finally is the guy telling the truth ? unfortunately the only people who know that are himself and others who worked with him, and we know those people would not be at liberty to say. I think all that can be concluded from Corso is that when you fit his testimony in with other corrobarating testimonies regarding the Roswell incident it only adds more solidness to Roswell being true. I cant draw a conclusion to the matter but if I was forced to pick one way or the other I would probably go with the guy due to

1. His backround checks out
2. He was where he said he was
3. There seems no benefit to him sharing this information, possibly more negative than positive
4. From observing his physical and physcological behavior he seems natural and beleiveable.

If the guy was on trial I couldnt convict him because the overall package seems plausible.

top topics

join