It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Last Philosophy You Need to Know.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by ANSPHAR

I didn't even touch on how language can affect our perceptions, but this is a good indication of the mind/universe link. For as far as I know, even though I can perceive images in my head, they are described using words....and my inner voice speaks to me in words, the importance of language. I had to understand it before I could communicate....no wonder I had been on autopilot the first few years of my life! Thanks for your thoughts.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Reply to The Endtime Warrior,

Your welcome. Language is what dictates and allows us to percieve this world in my opinion. I know that Terrence Mckenna has written about the effects of language and the evolution of man as well. Thoughts all have a vibration as do words and said words and thoughts create energy. Perhaps you should look into NeuroLinguistic Programming. That is a great tool to use to start looking at social programming and how language effects and/or controls us. The magician Derren Brown uses some bits of NLP in his acts. If you can find videos by Richard Bandler they would be great as well. I cannot suggest Robert Anton Wilson enough though. "Ishtar Rising","Prometheus Rising", and "Cosmic Trigger Volume 1" in particular.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by ANSPHAR

What I am amazed by is all the different beliefs, ideas, that have been tossed my way to check out. Everyone has a piece of the pie that they would like to share and I just love to eat it up! feel free to u2u me if you'd like

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join