It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has Anyone Elses Power Been Cutting out for a few seconds recently

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Hmmmmm...this is odd.

I live in Washington State. For the past few weeks we have been having power 'flucuations'. It has only gone off briefly a couple of times, which I wouldn't call a higher than normal occurance (we are rural), but the surging is odd.

It seems like several times a day, the lights will dim or flicker, like it would during a thunder storm...but there is no storm. It is enough to make you stop what you are doing and look up, waiting to see if it is going to go all the way out.

It is funny. I have gotten used to it. While I have thought it was odd, I have already put it to the back of mind and just ignore it, thinking it was a local power grid issue. Now I read all these other accounts from around the country. Makes me wonder.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Funny timing for the thread OP, about an hour after I got home from work today the transformer behind my building blew, and the company told me I'm not going to have power at my apartment until about 4am! Those things make quite a bang when they decide to pack up.

So here I am at the pub, but it does go to show you that these things do have equipment problems all of the time. I'm not about to attribute this to sun spots or anything because that transformer looked a lot older than I am.

As I said, give your electric company a call. I'm sure they'll either tell you what the problem is or better yet you'll tell them and they'll fix it for you.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lil Drummerboy
reply to post by ATLien

this isn't solar related.
there hasn't been enough energy from the sun to cause this problem.

Says who? Lil Drummerboy? Well, boy how about you post your credentials for me...boy.

[edit on 18-8-2010 by ATLien]

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ATLien

Wow a feisty kitty,. look I don't need to post anything personal,. I work in the electrical industry and that is all you need to know..
as for the solar info, ATS has a great list of topics already covered at your viewing pleasure,.. All you need to do is RESEARCH.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by ATLien

Probably some DORK trying to blow unprotected electronics with power surges... would be my guess.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join