It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

could you help me identify what i saw?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Hi fellow ATS'sers,
i have to get this off my chest and know what it was we seen
on Monday 16/8/2010, me and the missus were out in the back garden enjoying a smoke and watching the beautiful clear sky (typical as its been pretty clear since the night after the meteor shower
)
on some nights we can spot satellites going over
usualy they are pin pricks in the sky and go in and out of sunlight which sometimes they will go completely out of sunlight then back in
they also take around 35-40 seconds to pass over and go over the trees or the house (depending on the direction of travel)
on this particular evening i spotted a bright light as bright as the brightest star (south star i think???) which at first i thought satellite
which is why when i first spotted it i said to the missus "ooh look a satellite"
now we watched it pass over which only took 8-12 seconds before it was over the house out of view
now at first i didnt think much of it
but after thinking of all the other satellites we have seen this one obviously stood out
it did not go dimmer or any brighter but stayed the same brightness right the way over, and seemed quite low
then i thought of the speed
it was moving quite fast and also in a straight line which is why i didnt think too much about it at first, but then i thought if planes travel in straight lines to their heading then why wouldnt UFOs? (seems logical to me)
of course i am not saying it was an alien spacecraft!
i just want to know what it was
it was moving faster than the planes that pass over here (going to and from Birmingham int. airport)

the location is the dudley area, west midlands, uk.
it was around 11pm (give or take 15mins)

i hope their is enough detail here to help someone help me to know what we saw.

[edit on 18-8-2010 by GezinhoKiko]

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Check the flyover times HERE.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by draknoir2

thank you for the link
but it only goes from the 17th?
i saw the object on the 16th.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   
I have seen something similar...pretty much the only UFO I have ever seen...it wasn't a plane...I know that...and it wasn't a satellite...I know that...it was too fast and bright to be either of those things, and it travelled right across the sky...my personal conclusion is it probably was an extraterrestrial craft, as I believe Aliens exist. For those who say that isn't a "reasonable" or "rational" explanation, I say you check the definition of reasonable and rational, and come to terms with the degree to which you've been crafted by popular belief. It will be a funny day when we actually land on another planet with an intelligent species, and a group of witnesses to our arrival start screaming in their language: "there must be a reasonable and rational explanation for this, I must be losing my mind, what fanciful looney tooney crap, this can't be real, beings from a another planet!"...mean while we just stand there in amusement at their tendency to cling to a preconception which actually tries to conclude the concept of life from another planet resides in the crack pottery zone.

[edit on 18/8/10 by CHA0S]

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by GezinhoKiko

thank you for the link
but it only goes from the 17th?
i saw the object on the 16th.

You might want to try to catch it again at one of the future flyovers and see if that's what you saw before.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   

i certainly will
but ive seen quite a few since im always having a smoke in the garden

and this one seemed to low
but i will look and see if i see it again
thank you

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   
i see my thread has been moved to the GRAY AREA???
its an Unidentified Flying Object so i posted it in the UFO forum!
also people who study UFOs also take note of satellites so i guessed i would get a better answer being in the UFO forum
dosnt that make sense???

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by GezinhoKiko

I think it's because what you are asking is a little vague, with no pictures or anything to go on. No one can examine or study a picture of what you saw. But going on your description, it was obviously some type of really fast aircraft (maybe some type of jet, maybe even an experimental craft of some type), or something as of yet unexplainable (whether UFO or otherwise).

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I'm an avid sky watcher and have seen thousands of identifiable and unidentifiable objects in the sky's at night. and the first thing you want to do is learn the altitudes/heights of any object you might be looking at. as a rule satellites travel at an arch or radius pattern as space starts around 100 miles.

if you watch commercial aircraft they normally fly at around 38.000 Ft + -, and you can clearly see that they are flying flat and level,not at an arch.

I'll tell you now that if you're watching an object that is traveling at a higher rate of speed, that is a solid ball of light and is traveling at a lower altitude than space. you are witnessing a UFO.

Ive seen giant red orbs fly directly over my head at an altitude below 6,000ft
totally silent and traveling at a speed around 100 mph, then disappear , just blink out like they were never there, within 1 mile after they passed over.

the majority of people never really spend time watching the sky's, so they never get to see the phenomenon, and know what to look for, as far elevation,trajectory,non blinking aircraft lights,speeds and so on.

but once you understand what you're looking at, you'll get to see more Ufo's, because the sky's are full of them, day and night.

they dont always travel at lightening speeds and make crazy turns. why should they? no ones going to catch them...lol

get yourself a good pair of binoculars and you'll see even more, that you cant see with the naked eye and a cheap night vision scope will unlock the universe.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by CHA0S

it definately wasnt an aircraft
i forgot to mention there was no noise whatsoever
even the highest of planes that go over we hear them
but as you say it could of been anything
im just not sure it was a satellite, it seemed to low and too fast

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by aliengenes

thank you for your reply
i completely agree with you
i have been watching the skies for 3 years now
i have seen what i believe to be a UFO
i am convinced that i have seen one so far
but maybe more and maybe i just explained it away to myself to be something natural
but this one light has me in between at the minute

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   
I know exactly what you mean. I saw the same thing earlier this year. I live in Weiden, which is located in NE Bavaria 80 kilometers north of Regensburg. Weiden has a lot of light pollution, so even on a clear night only the brightest objects in the sky can be seen. I had just closed up my practice at around 10PM local and was heading toward home on my bike when I saw it.

There is a high level jet route which crosses over the town and is used by aircraft traveling to and from eastern Europe. At night, the jets are fairly easy to see, have typical navigation lights blinking, and often can be heard.

This object I saw coming in from the west was quite different. First, it was not even close to the jet route. Second, it´s altitude also appeared much lower than the typical heights aircraft are flying at when using the jet route. Third, it was very bright, and it was moving quite fast.

I stopped. Scanning the sky, I saw that it was indeed a clear night, but there was heavy light pollution in my general area and you could only make out a few stars. Then, I focused my attention back to the incoming object. First thing I thought was: it´s got to be a satellite....but at that altitude? It seemed way too low! The speed of the object was much faster than a normal jet, but it was absolutley silent and it flew on a straight trajectory.

The brightness of the object can be compaired to an incoming airliner halfway down it´s final approach course, at night, with it´s headlights on, as viewed from the airport.

It flew almost directly over the street I was on, and had no other lights of any kind. The object glowed with a light amber hue to it and was round in shape, although it appeared to be bigger in mass than a typical satellite observation that just looks like a moving star.

I can´t picture the object being the ISS since the atmospheric conditions would not have been favorable at all for it´s observation. Maybe a sounding rockets nosecone or something else? I continue to be as baffled as the OP is as to what it was.

[edit on 18-8-2010 by fockewulf190]

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   
When I was a child I saw a satellite that was a secret. Only in the last decade was it proven to be real. For thirty years nobody believed me. I am sure there are many secret satellites now.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   
I have witnessed the same thing many times in the past 2 1/2 years. The objects I have seen vary in brightness and appear to be moving faster than commercial airliners flying at high altitudes overhead. I have even seen two at the same time traveling in different directions. They are just a single steady white light moving quite fast with no noise. On a few occasions I have witnessed a small short bright flash in the distance minutes before seeing the objects pass overhead.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by oddnutz

thank you all for the replies
it seems we are all seeing these lights
like all your posts my sighting is exactly the same
low altitude
very bright
faster than a normal satellites speed
what are they?
who knows! i dont!

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 08:02 AM
link   
On the night of the Lunar eclipse recently. There were a few lights in the sky near us. We live about 15 miles from the airport and are in the flight path. we saw 2 Objects coming to us from the direction of the airport. The planes normally go over in front of us towards the airport. These 2 were coming towards us. They were steady with no sound. Since then we have seen a quite few more higher up. Some have the characteristics of Satellites passing over. Most don't. I can guarantee that if the cloud clover is thin enough. I will see something.

I agree with the more you look up the more you see. Too many people walk round with their heads down.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 05:50 AM
link   
hello again
ok its been a few nights now since my sighting
ive been out everynight to see if i could see it again
and so far no luck
ive seen plenty of satellites which in comparison to the object in question are not the same.
the satellites are far higher and less bright.
so for me what i seen is a truly unknown!

top topics

join