It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Administration Spending $63 Billion on ‘Woman-Centered’ Global Health Care Program

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   
That is fantastic.

The first thing Bush did when he took office - was stop all funding to women's clinics around the world.

Women's clinics address multiple areas of absolute need and urgency.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Well yes, it is FANTASTIC for other countries, at the expense of who?

Us evil Americans I guess, and our great grandchildren, because those evil bastards deserve it.

Actually, if you look into R&D and other components of the medical field, female investment is higher than for males. Not complaining, just wondering why you are wooping it up.

Damn males, so to speak?

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by saltheart foamfollower

And I have grandchildren. One is a 16 year old boy entering the workforce in a few years. And he is going to have to do it on scholarships or his own hard work - - cuz there is no money to pay for college.

I'm 64+ - - haven't been to a doctor in 12 years and have no insurance. Don't need the "poor me" story.

Sometimes ya just got to look at the bigger picture.

Kind of like Sagan's "Pale Blue Dot".

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Sometimes that bigger picture is filled with horrors, just wondering what it has to do with my comment or the OP?

The US is BROKE. Period. Finito. Nada.

So, how are they going to pay for this POS bill, enslave your children, your grand children and mine?

It is getting ridiculous. If anyone STILL has the delusion that this government does not PLAN on destroying this country, they will be waking up PRETTY DAMN SOON.

I am not kidding. Their will be no more college. There will be no more social systems. Unless they institute a communist system or a libertarian system, this magical mystery tour ride is over. Period.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   

You do know that as far as Foreign Aid goes from the United States government per capita - - - they are near the bottom. I think actually - last time I looked - 3rd from the bottom.

I know most Americans think the US is the biggest donor in the world - - but per capita that's not true.

I consider women's clinics to be the base of humanity. Funding should never have been pulled in the first place. But Bush needed it for his war.

Logical to you or not - - - that's my stand.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

The US government is not the donor of charity.

Per person, the US people are the LARGEST donors to charity in the world.

We donate more than all of the world combined, not the government, the PEOPLE.

I do not know where you get your numbers or your attitude, I find my government repugnant, I find my people glorious. Period.

You show me ONE link that shows that we are not the most charitable. Please do.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Weren't we talking about government money?

I am well aware of the generosity of the American people.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Sorry, this is the second thread I have had to state my ignorance.

Time for me to go to sleep.

Been a little snippy tonight. Do not know why. Apologies given.

Later.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by saltheart foamfollower
reply to post by Annee

Sorry, this is the second thread I have had to state my ignorance.

Time for me to go to sleep.

Been a little snippy tonight. Do not know why. Apologies given.

Later.

NO NO - - no problem. I generally enjoy your posts.

I've just studied up on women's clinics around the world - - and the extensive stuff they do to bring many women into the modern world. Sometimes - - something as simple as teaching a young mother to bathe her infant.

New generations entering this world are gonna need to be both physically healthy and brain healthy. Which means understanding hygiene and nutrition - - among other things.

These clinics also provide birth control and abortion in areas that allow it. Many may not support this - - but in impoverished countries I consider it beyond valuable for women to have this choice.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join