It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Justin Bieber 800% Slower, Do you hear it?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Yet tHiS gets moved to BTS... As should this thread. Point made.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Myrtales Instinct
It's beautiful. Almost heaven like. It would be neat to hear some of the really great songs slowed down..... and the sounds from space speeded up.

and make a remix with alot of beats to dance to! and save it for the upcoming new years eve party!

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Oh my god!!!
Listen to this.. it's CRAZY
Stink Stank Stunk 800% slower and Frank Sinatra too.
Gosh this is nuts!

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whine Flu

Originally posted by CHA0S

What was the point of posting in this thread then, just to express your hatred of its existence without even listening to content presented?

Posting cheap replies makes me feel like a big man.

Hahahaha, you just became quality to me.

And I believe what you typed.

Namaste mate, and NRRRRGHH to you too.

I wonder if you`ll like one of my tunes at normal speed.

I tried this one at stretch 800% and it sounds crap.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Vodo34861

wow, I love it. Absolutely beautiful. I think if heaven has a sound it would be something like this. Actually brought tears to my eyes, not sure why exactly. Thank you. I've saved it and plan to listen to more.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   
After much analysis and thought, I think this is normal speed and they speed it up later.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Amazing!
And believe me, I didn't want to say that.
That was truly astonishing, thanks for sharing.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 10:17 PM
link   
ok so i just listened to that and i got to say it creeped me out and i couldnt finish listening to it, i dont know what it is but it gave me goose bumps

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   

In the spirit of impartiality, I'm posting this reply BEFORE I read the rest of the comments (but I promise that I will do so...)

I hear a crashing surf and etherial voices. Multiple voices (which I assume are either backup singers or pre-recorded tracks on the original) but no recognizable words or phrases, rather like choral warmup syllables.

I have never heard a song by Mr. Bieber, but I will admit to sitting awestruck through the entire 35 minutes.

If anyone is curious, the time stretching software is free, Open Source and available at:

hypermammut.sourceforge.net...

I can't wait to unpack the .ZIP file and play with this software!

[edit on 18-8-2010 by Tholidor]

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Ha! I feel ashamed to admit this, but this actually sounds really cool! Very cool find, thanks for sharing. It really makes me wonder what some other songs may sound like slowed down 800 times...

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 11:25 PM
link   
What is concerning most to me is how many people didn't even put forth the effort to warrant a reply to this thread by actually listening to the material, yet still decided their ignorant opinion of the intentions of the OP and the thread title are worth posting.

I listened to about 9 minutes and noticed its very ambient and spacey, It was very calming and was much more pleasant than the normal version of this song.

From my personal studies and experience of the human mind I theorize that:

The unconscious or subconscious mind is in essence the "mind" of your "mind" and it works and functions so much faster than the conscious mind that it quite literally catches everything. This is all stored in memory and accessed primarily in dream-states or subconscious states where the information can be handled without overload.

An analogy would be if your brain was a recording device that was constantly on record with almost an infinite supply for storing information. If the recorded information was say a strip of movie film that you then had to look through you wouldn't know how to "recall" certain sections of that film unless there was a significance to it that your "conscious" mind applies.

If no significance is attached to a certain frame in the movie film then it wont be accessible by the conscious mind simply because the volume of information is just far far too much for the conscious mind to handle. The information however is still accessible in subconscious states, this would explain some phenomena such as lucid-dreaming, hypnosis, dreaming of people you don't know, the weird abstract structuring of dreams that don't make sense to the conscious mind.

Its almost like when your in a subconscious state you are swimming in a pool of all your brains lifetime of recorded information.

Anyway back more on topic it is possible to in-bed subconscious information by presenting it in a manner in which the conscious mind will never be able to catch it or signify it for recall. Such as speeding up a recorded tape to speeds that the conscious mind can make no sense of, but the subconscious mind will catch. The subconscious mind still acts out in the conscious mind so the information does get used and considered at subcon levels even though the con mind is completely unaware.

This speed/information processing difference between the two minds would explain why when in deep sleep you can sleep for several hours and wake up feeling like you laid down just minutes ago.

Music would be a great medium to pass subconscious information as well as the TV as they are highly accepted, widely utilized, and easily accessible by the masses.

Makes me wonder what else could be operating on our subconscious levels.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 05:17 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwytch

You should really give it a listen.... It is just.... wow....

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   
I wish you people would leave this young woman alone

She's copping it from everyone

[edit on 20/8/2010 by OzWeatherman]

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Who knew that he could make such an epic masterpiece? This is really just beautiful. Is this really what it sounds like when it's played back this slow?

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 10:27 PM
link   
I unapologetically like a lot of pop music. I don't like spacey, boring, slow music, maybe because I'm not 90 years old. So even though I am NOT a Bieber fan, I'd rather listen to the song normal speed than fall asleep to this.

By the way, this isn't really music:

MUSIC
1 a : the science or art of ordering tones or sounds in succession, in combination, and in temporal relationships to produce a composition having unity and continuity b : vocal, instrumental, or mechanical sounds having rhythm, melody, or harmony

It is a soundscape:

SOUNDSCAPE
a mélange of musical and sometimes nonmusical sounds

And to further clarify:

MELANGE
a mixture often of incongruous elements

[edit on 8/21/2010 by electropop]

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 10:01 AM
link   
I don't hear any strange and creepy messages, but it's beautiful. Never thought I could actually enjoy listening to Bieber but slowed down 800% I do.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 04:18 AM
link   

His voice is obviously too feminine for me, but when get slowed down 800%, he is lot more bearable

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by nasdack24k
I'm no audiophile, but i did get a Solfeggio-scale "feeling" from it. Anyone else?

I agree, that's what I was going to say

It's definitely creepy... but it is the beiber afterall

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Okay, before I say what I want to say.. I respect everyone here's opinion. If you don't like Justin Bieber, that's fine. Not everyone is going to enjoy pop music, and being a huge fan of all types of music myself, I understand that.

BUT.. to say that he is untalented is honestly just ignorant. Just because his music may not be your cup of tea, does not, by any means, take away the fact that he has an incredible god given talent. If you watch his movie (Never Say Never) or even just watch recent videos of him singing acoustically, it is hard to deny that. I know its the mainstream thing to "hate" him, and that's fine. However, please try not to go around talking about things you don't know anything about. Because he is a really good person, with an incredible talent, and the biggest pop stars in the world, such as Usher and Justin Timberlake, would not have been fighting to sign him if he was as awful and painful as you say he is.

Like I said, this is my personal opinion. I respect the fact that you all probably have different ones. However, I am a huge fan of his, and I will defend him no matter what. Especially when people say they have never heard of him before, and then go on to bash him. Please do your research first.

Thank you (:

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join