It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Justin Bieber 800% Slower, Do you hear it?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   
So, you're saying that if you take something and change it 800% its going to be different? And maybe creepier?

You're right! That IS news!

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   
interesting how we make biases on the content of something just based on an arbitrary label... not good or bad necessarily, just interesting.

It's also interesting how some people here are trying to "downplay" this topic because it's not "special," i.e. "anyone can do this."

If you like it, then like it. If you don't then don't. And if you are making judgements about it without actually listening to it, well... yeah.

My opinion: I love it, and am grateful to have found this!
What do I hear: Beauty which I did not even know existed.

Thanks OP!

~~peace

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   
What the hell is wrong with American yutes these days?

Doesn't anyone play music backwards anymore?

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   
All I hear is a song by JB I actually enjoy, something previously unthinkable to me. So clearly, this is an example of mind control, demonic soul infiltration, and thrall programming. I am now hopelessly lost. Curse whoever created this!

(The above is not serious.)

In all seriousness though, it reminds me of the soundtrack to the film Ink.

[edit on 8/18/2010 by AceWombat04]

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   
This sounds like Nibiru meets Stravinsky...
Oh and move this to BTS.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   
ok maybe im crazy but this is honestly making me feel sick, my head is pounding and joints are aching and my stomach is upset, these could all be normal but with the sudden onset after i started this song, i can only think of one thing to blame. i hope im just crazy

thank you and good day night depending on your location in this universe.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnlightenUp

Originally posted by Whine Flu
And just for the record, ANYTHING slowed down 800% will sound like evil, Satanic Illuminati psychobabble.

It's time stretched, not pitch-shifted, so it's not like playing a 33 1/3 at 16. A different effect altogether.

And that changes matters how? It's still gonna sound like pure evil.

link   

Originally posted by Alxandro
What the hell is wrong with American yutes these days?

Doesn't anyone play music backwards anymore?

Backwards is the only way i worship Satan!!

Slowed 800% is for worshiping... ummm. I got nothing.

link   

Originally posted by light_circle
It's also interesting how some people here are trying to "downplay" this topic because it's not "special," i.e. "anyone can do this."

Anyone can. Just get some time/pitch stretch software and timestretch some songs!

In another thread, someone mentioned that knowledge can be a burden and now I know who Justin Bieber is. Methinks the two art related. Synchronicity.

The point is, the thread is here to be tampered with.

~Nibiru

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I had actually escaped listening to anything by this kid until you just made me way too curious!

I thought it sounded very angel/alienish. What you might hear if you were at a sky show. It was very pretty but it also made me feel tired.

Interesting observation...listening to it made my cats very nervous. They were just quietly looking out the window and when it started playing they got all agitated and started running around. When I turned it off they just sort of plopped down and felt the need for a good clean! When I turned it on again they got agitated again but not like the first time.

Thanks for posting this!

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnlightenUp

And just for the record, ANYTHING slowed down 800% will sound like evil, Satanic Illuminati psychobabble.

It's time stretched, not pitch-shifted, so it's not like playing a 33 1/3 at 16. A different effect altogether.

And that changes matters how? It's still gonna sound like pure evil.

It sounded to me a little more angelic choirish or haunted than the demonic Satan effect produced by also dropping the pitch.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Maybe I should just listen to it. Thing is, I'm scared that I'd be wasting my time, and dedicating my ears to pure aural queerdom.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   
BookMark, ...

Very calming, other worldly.

I guess you have to click the link to find out.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Good find Voodoo!

I agree with most other posters that he sounds waaay better 800% slower.

I decided top download the program (Paul's Extreme Sound Stretch) and noticed that it seems to include an option to add binaural beats to your stretched tracks.

I also agree that it reminds me of binaural beats and can be quite overwhelming in places.

Maybe the creator of this track added binaurals? seems more plausable given the abbove than them already being added when the original track was produced.

Thats the only possible conspiracy I see here, after all think how many people throughout the world have listened to this with all the attention it's getting...hmmm...

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   
That’s really neat! Many thanks to the OP!

I agree it does remind me a bit of Sigur Ros. I can’t stand Justin Beiber’s music either, but I think this is pretty wicked.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by HIStory Indeed
Well, regardless as to what it was the OP heard, I'm just happy to hear of a software that can do such a great job of stretching music that's also a freebie!

Agreed, seems no aliasing as far I can tell. As for the OP's question, which there wasn't one. Sure beats the hell out of listening to it at normal speed.

But on second thought you can't polish a poop. And won't be listening to this again.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rising Against

I don't want to post my thoughts on this until there has been some input from others.

Not everyone has the time to listen to the song so can you at least post why you have made the thread?

That's not too much to ask is it?

NOt everyone has the time to listen to the song, but they have enough time to sit here and read every comment? lol
umm ok...

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   
It's very angelic. My wife said it reminded her of music in her dreams. It's the very literal version of what you would expect to hear in Heaven... at least according to the movies.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   
I let it play while I read the thread. It's still playing, and I have to agree with Dr. UAE -- it sounds like a prelude to an Enigma song.

It's etherial, and it sounds like songs of the Sea, to me, like how sirens would sound, just before they lured your ship into being dashed upon the rocks.

It's absolutely my favorite JB treatment ever. I could imagine this as the replacement background tune for "Gladiator".

There are parts of it that seem pretty mournful, sad, melocholy and others that just seem e-vile.

Okay, more than ten minutes. I've paid my thread dues. Enough.
I'm not buying this on iTunes.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join