It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Limbaugh accuses "fake media" of perpetrating a "phony catastrophe" in the Gulf

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Fake media? Phony catastrophe? Pot meet kettle.

There's audio at this this link.

Wonder if he's eating Gulf shrimp....

Here's the transcript and more of story from his website.

The Real Disaster: Media and the Regime's Phony Gulf Oil Crisis

RUSH: So I have this story about all the anticipation of the shrimp business and the oyster business getting back up in the Gulf. Now, we haven't had any oil. There hasn't been any massive destruction. All there has been is panic, panic that was caused by a bunch of lies. We went through this all last week. The media and science, two of the Four Corners of Deceit, were creating a crisis where none existed. Panic shut down the tourism business to the Gulf, frightened people from going. So now we've got all these headlines yesterday, all of these headlines, "Where is the shrimp industry?" "Will people worry about it? Will people find oil? Will people buy the shrimp?" Of course we're going to get scaremonger stories like that from the media. But we actually have one that's pretty accurate. "Shrimp industry officials are worried about the consumer confidence that underlies a whole network of fishermen, ice makers, processors and distributors."

[edit on 8/18/2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   
since rushes beachfront compound is on the south east coast of florida, maybe
he will keep us posted.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Oh my, it sure sounds like Rush has finally lost his mind.

How can anyone believe this disaster is fake?

Haven't heard his name in the spotlight lately. Maybe this is his way to get back on his crocked trail.

His words make me feel even more convinced that ATS needs to investigate the gulf situation.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Yet in April, he had no problems calling it an environmental disaster here:

Limbaugh: "The rig exploded on April 21 (sic). There was a massive explosion of an oil rig in the Gulf. The White House was strangely silent about the environmental disaster just till a few days ago."

www.rushlimbaugh.com...

I guess these "environmental disasters" clean themselves up in a jiffy.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Wait a minute, didn't Fox News also cover the Gulf crises? So, Rush is coming out and saying that Fox News is fake media. Amazing!

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Whatever helps him slam the administration at the moment, I guess.

I want him to go down to the docks and eat the shrimp and talk to the shrimpers. Big mouthed idiot.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   
give it a few months...this will be the new global warming conspiracy...not enough traction for now, but after the november election, expect all sorts of crazy to hit the non main mainstream (limbaugh, beck, hannity) and it will be right up there with the rest of the nonsense.

I think however Limbaugh should encourage his listening audience to start now...loudly proclaim it was all a hoax and phony...make these types stand out in society...especially elected officals.

I will give props to Limbaugh...crazy sells and his exceptional crazy is selling exceptionally to some...man knows how to make a buck off the backs of the mentally disturbed.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Crazy may sell but it's damaging.

That is not good for a country in turmoil.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
Limbaugh accuses "fake media" of perpetrating a "phony catastrophe" in the Gulf

Rush is part of the fake media. His assignment is the same as Beck’s and that is to co-opt alternative views to contain them under the umbrella of the establishment propaganda machine. The fake establishment media is now moving to monopolize all alternative views for control purposes. This is a well-known practice in psychological warfare. If you can’t cover-up the truth than co-opt portions of the truth to secure public trust of the fake establishment media.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by soleprobe

Excellent point to bring up (and way better than my feeble "pot meet kettle" attempt at saying close to the same thing). Hide behind decrying the very thing you are to throw them off the scent.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by soleprobe

Absolutely. And many who two years ago wouldnt trust a THING any of these guys have to say, all of a sudden fall hook, line, and sinker for their nonsense, without ever questioning the source.

Funny, that.

I think it's funny how the Right contradicts themselves by saying that Obama wants to "destroy America" with this oil spill (I think that was Glen Beck a month or so ago) and that the oil spill is 'no big deal' or 'manufactured'.

Which is it, guys? Destroying America, or manufactured?

They want this to be "Obama's Katrina" so bad. Even though the only parallel is the geography.

Hide behind decrying the very thing you are to throw them off the scent.

So well put.

[edit on 18-8-2010 by justadood]

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 02:59 AM
link   
reply to post by justadood

It's the right's turn to get permission from tptb to speak a little (but no all) truth because they're the fake opposition: unconstitutional bills, government to big etc…

Previously it was the left’s turn to get permission from tptb to speak a little (but no all) truth because they were the fake opposition: Bush’s unconstitutional illegal wars and nation building etc…

The thing both parties have in common: they never speak all the truth and they work perfectly together to incrementally bring America to its final ruin.

new topics

top topics

join