It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possibly renouncing American Citizenship

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by russ212

I take it you are probably pretty young, maybe 17? I hope you do more research and pay closer attention to the research you are doing. Please don't listen to glenn beck either.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   
I can assure you that the citizens of any country you go to will tell you the country is falling apart and the politicians are corrupt. Freedom is an abstraction. You are always free to do what you choose, but the consequences vary from place to place.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by russ212
Because I really don't give a darn what happens to the terrorist, or the people that support them

Maybe you should "give a darn", because no matter where you decide to go, they will soon follow.
Give it time, it's their plan for world domination.

...btw, you'll be back, trust me.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by whoshotJR

No, I am 30 married and I have children that I don't want to grow up here. I have never watched Glenn Beck as I don't have cable

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   
look before you leap..get dual citizenship..you are not being
pragmatic-idealism is like chivalry..better in books.
i have a little hideout in costa rica. expates there are looking at at panama.
i'm in no shape to be a patriot or take up arms..
hell i can barely heft my shotgun anymore.
theres a little cottage on a hillside in borruca indian country
and a beautiful tica hillbilly i could cozy up with.
i think thats where i'll take up position against the new world order.
-jungle fighter, with a secret monkey army..
howler monkeys with machetes--death to traitors!
but seriously- i was stunned to learn 47 warships 200 helicopters and 7,000
marines just popped up in costa. -there is no escape!
but it's not like it's your usa thats doing all this..
this is the army of one- or the one world army.
"countries" are to be dismantled and disarmed.
australia-canada-britian -usa-all too be disabled,
through neglect and outsourcing jobs-then allowing
floods of immigrants to take the wages down .
divide and conquer. meanwhile the royal overlords
rub our collective noses in "austerity"
and the g20 traveling psy-op show
gives everyone a taste of the new matching nazi boots.
as in toronto. how was that canada?
I can swear to much, but they will never win my heart nor mind.
death to traitors.

[edit on 18-8-2010 by p51mustang]

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by kyle43

I am an engineer. I would like to travel and get to know some of the other countries, and see what is really out there, you know try and make some friends and find a place that I could be comfortable.

I think I would love to teach in some of these countries. I will have to work.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   
For one, Australia is a continent. Not a country, just as Africa is not a country but also a continent. Australia is a british colony which was first originally set up as a PRISON colony. And based off the freedoms the british have (*cough* losing i should say) I would recommend marking Australia off your list.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Hey TS, you deciphered it wrong. All of the ones listed in the '1' category were at the same level, more or less...just listed alphabetically.

[edit on 18-8-2010 by Romans 10:9]

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by russ212

try the Bahamas,or Amsterdam, is wish you luck on your search, for they the terrorist will find you even if you hide under a rock , i am not saying you personally, but as a westerner. so in reality there is no safe place, it is best to stay and set up your own deference and if you do not want to defend your self or your family and try to run and hid from the coming tide, then best of luck to you, there are islands for sale go live on one of them, but you better have the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Have you realized that the ranking on the link you provided is only a alphabetic scale of the ranking with the number one?

It doesnt say that US is on 48th place or austarlia is the first!

Well good for you that you realized, US is bad. I am with you! ( i am german btw but have made a world travel by backpack)
I started to look out for the best place to live too but in the moment it loouks like there arent much countries to be...

Spain is my favourite ITM, because of the lifestyle, weather and the less law enforcement. But it all depends on what you want to do after you left!

I would recommend to go to a land that is cheap enough to build up what you want. With your $ (if you have enough)you can help the enviromental people to have a nicer level of living...
As we all know there will be huge changes in the next time, it will be merely irrelevant which country you decide for... i would recommend to have a look for a area that is not as much populated and maybe even not reachable through streets or else.

But all that depends on yourself and your situation...

Oh and BTW i will write you a U2U now check it out!

[edit on 18-8-2010 by JimIrie]

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   

reply to post by kyle43

I am an engineer. I would like to travel and get to know some of the other countries, and see what is really out there, you know try and make some friends and find a place that I could be comfortable.

I think I would love to teach in some of these countries. I will have to work.

I'm sorry you're taking such a slamming because of your post, Russ

You obviously hit some people in a sensitive spot and copped their knee-jerk

Only you know what's caused you to feel your own country fails to provide you what you feel you and your family needs. You may have suffered a very unpleasant experience which has shattered your sense of security. It happens to thousands of people every day and like you, they decide they want to move somewhere where they and their family will be safe and/or might enjoy greater opportunities

There's nothing wrong with that

The United States was pioneered and settled by people just like you. They came from all over the globe in order to make a new life for themselves and their families. It was a brave move, very brave, to leave behind everything and everyone they knew. And you're thinking along the same lines as they

If you go into forums and boards right now, you'll find thousands of active threads by people considering a move as well as those who've already made the move -- and a sizeable number of those who made the move but now .. for whatever reason .. want to go 'home' or are thinking of doing so

If you can afford to, try to visit the places on your short-list. But before that, courtesy of the marvellous internet, you can find out an enormous amount these days online - including the price of groceries and homes, employment and weather, political situation, etc. etc.

best wishes : )

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Having to pay for social programs takes away from my freedom

With that attitude you'll be hard pressed to find a place to make you happy. That attitude is very "America" in nature and you'll find that in most other countries people are happy to have some of their tax dollars go to HELP their fellow citizens.

Also you'll be an immigrant, considering how badly they are being treated by a lot of your countrymen, you might want to rethink that. See, the immigrant bashing goes on in all countries, they are convenient scapegoats.

Most countries have stringent immigration laws , thus you won't just be showing up and starting your new life, unless of course you plan on being an illegal and from personal experience I can assure you that that is not an easy life to live, especially for kids.

It isn't impossible, your dream, but to be honest it isn't very realistic.

Whatever you do, DO NOT under any circumstances give up your American Citizenship. There are people dying right now who'd give anything to have that, and you'd just throw it away?

If you must leave, and can find a place that will have you, you can enjoy dual citzienship. Giving away US citizenship would be slap into so many faces..it's just wrong.

Good luck.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Don't choose Canada, we don't want you.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   
if you go to panama you are poised to explore to the north or south.
i like to get up in the hills where its somewhat cooler.
make sure you can handle things like a rainy season-
mud bugs snakes, a degree of lawlessness,clipping the tourist.
my place is over near the osa peninsula, pacific side of costa.
i've motorbiked into panama. i love hillbillies wherever i find them.
but i have to agree with some of what folks are telling you-
by some accident of birth you have been decreed an american.
it could have been far worse. go show the world were not a bunch of dinks.
have adventures before casting your lot.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZombieOctopus
So what exactly aren't you free to do right at this moment that makes you feel oppressed?

I can see you wanting to leave America if you were gay, a racial minority or a woman...

Smoke/use/grow/posses personal amount of plant matter I choose, sell/buy sex services, drink a beer while naked on the beach.. all legal on Margarita island, venezuela... yet no jihad on them.

Protest without govt approval (permit), travel freely without being detained minus probable cause at weekly DUI check points, deposit 10,000 without alerting the govt.. I can be tortured & stripped of rights/citizenship/ability to challenge charges against me based on the word of king 0bamao.

I'd also kinda like to be free from being hated because of GOP & DNC failures, have my vote count and be represented in govt by other than upward failing oligarch war mongering skull boner political royalty (shrub familia)

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by slugger9787

how do you come up with 48th they are listed in alphabetic order? the usa is listed as a#1

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by russ212

I say if you are comfortable with your decision to leave the USA, why wait until the end of the year?

Go now! Get your new life off to an early start!

There are a bunch of Mexicans eager to replace you!

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   

reply to post by KILL_DOGG

Your answer was rude, unhelpful and it is trolling. It is unappreciated.

I love the alert and ignore buttons

It included a answer to your question, it was on-topic, but because it didn't agree with what you were looking for you found it unhelpful. Don't ask questions that you don't want answered.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join