It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stealth Bomber In Southeast Michigan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 08:37 AM
link   
I live in southeast Michigan. On Sunday I was driving to pick up chinese for dinner. It was roughly 6:15 pm.

I saw a stealth bomber flying low directly above my head.... It stayed in the same area circling a few times.

This is the first time I have seen a stealth bomber in flight, with my own eyes.

Now, there is a Airforce base about 100 miles west in battle creek. Why in the world would there be a stealth bomber flying over south east michigan?

I have seen several A10's flying in and out of the battle creek base.... But have never seen a Stealth bomber.

I have a company phone that is not a camera phone.... I had no way to take pictures..

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 08:39 AM
link   
I think there was an air show in SE Michigan last weekend.

I'll check.

Edit -

Yes there was an airshow, however not last weekend, but still yet the aircraft still could've been there from the show, that probably was it.

Link

[edit on 18-8-2010 by elevatedone]

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by elevatedone

I do not believe "billy bob's" when they say they see UFO's.... But when i saw this thing in flight.... It looked like a medical helo with no rotors..But it was traveling way to fast to be a helo.

I thought I was seeing a UFO... Then it banked hard left and the shape became clear... The whole thing took me by suprise.. In michigan, we dont get to see much activity.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Mobius1974

I hear ya. When I was very young, me and my parents saw something in the sky, my mom was really scared, but then it turned and we could plainly see it was a blimp. Still cool though.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 09:22 AM
link   
It could have been the B2 heading back home after the flyover at last weekend's NASCAR Race in Michigan...

That would be my guess..

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

I'll bet that was it.

This is cool... Sunday afternoon I was playing in a golf outing, as we were standing on the first tee, I hear a rumbling... look up and there are 3 A-10 Warthogs, flying no more than maybe, 500 feet or so right at us.

They flew straight over us and out of sight. Now that was cool.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 09:27 AM
link   
It could have been the B2 heading back home after the flyover at last weekend's NASCAR Race in Michigan...

That would be my guess..

very strange delayed double post.... how?
a mystery for sure..

edit on by JacKatMtn because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Apologies. Wrong thread.

[edit on 8/18/2010 by AshleyD]

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   
They're out at Willow Run airport. It's nothing of much importance. OP was just looking up at the right time. They are here for our protection due to the proximity of Dearborn.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   
wow, a ton of Mods replied and answered your questions almost immediately! nevermind what I said. and thats not suspicious at all

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Selfridge Air National Guard Base is in Detroit near Clinton Township. Could have been lurking around there after the Nascar race...

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   
the stealth bombers are really cool, i love the shape. and they are even cooler when they fly down real low over you, although they are pretty loud.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone
I think there was an air show in SE Michigan last weekend.

I'll check.

Edit -

Yes there was an airshow, however not last weekend, but still yet the aircraft still could've been there from the show, that probably was it.

Link

[edit on 18-8-2010 by elevatedone]

It was much more likely loitering waiting for a cue to head for the Chicago Air and Water Air Show which was Saturday and Sunday.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   
B-2s are long range aircraft, and they dont just train in the areas immediately around Whiteman AFB, they need long range training flights. Some of those may be low level routes too.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   
I heard someone talking on their cell phone last week mentioning that there was going to be a stealth bomber at some event, probably was the NASCAR thing. They look pretty cool, saw two of them at an air show.

Correction: I knew it sounded like the guy was reading from a paper......

Quantcast B-2 bomber the star of airport open house Oakland County International Airport's annual open house will be from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Sunday. Highlights include a flyover by a B-2 stealth bomber from the 509th Bomb Wing at Whiteman Air Force Base and aircraft rides. Many aircraft -- including warbirds -- will be on display along with Air One from the Oakland County Sheriff's Office. Admission and parking are free. The airport is at 6500 Highland Road. TROY From The Detroit News: detnews.com...

detnews.com... e/20100810/METRO02/8100366/Grant-to-fight-erosion-along-Stony--Paint-creeks-in-Rochester-Hills

[edit on 19-8-2010 by pavil]

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Would the military then have training flights with the planes while they are here for the shows?
Last night around 9:30 pm my 13 yr old son spotted 2 planes at very high altitude and when i came out we immediately spotted 3 more in a formation. within 15 minutes we saw approximately 25 or 30 back and forth across the sky, and i assumed they were from Selfridge. I live very close to Detroit metro so i know the flight paths and those planes were not following them. I grabbed an old telescope and it was very hard to make out the shapes but the one that flew directly above us had very long wings.

I was very interested in this and have been online looking all morning.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by jerbear611

Not sure, but this weekend is National Guard Training weekend. I would expect more flights than normal. There wouldn't be Stealth Bombers. Selfridge has an A-10 wing, those aren't high flyers.

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Yeah, I would be cool to see one flying over-head if it had no plans to "SmOke" your ass !

I wonder what ever became of the "AURORA", I'm sure everyone & their brothers heard of it by now.

www.dreamlandresort.com...

edit on 25-9-2010 by alpha68 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join