It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Heliocentrism an Anti-Christian Hoax?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by racasan

I'm not a fan of Church and State power monopoly no matter what the religion happens to be but I think the target was Christianity and not just the current hierarchy.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

Well what I posted works just as well for Christianity

If what Christianity teaches is the truth then whatever people find out about the universe will just glorify bible god

But if Christianity is just a tool to control people by using deceit and ignorance then Christianity will fear anything which exposes its deception and remove ignorance

edit on 13-2-2012 by racasan because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArmorOfGodAs for Newtonian physics, please tell me why the geo-centric model does NOT explains them?[/quote

oh dear - thats your job

Interestingly Newton says the centre of the system is immovable.

more out of context mumbo-jumbo

the centre of a stable orbital system is fixed - yes - but only with respect to the system

the ENTIRE system can move ` as one `

this is shown in the behaiviour of the earth / moon

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by racasan
Now I know you’re just being silly – I don’t know of any astronomers worship the sun

But if I where looking for a sun god cult I would start here

Coprnicus sounds like a sunworshipper who was deeply involved with neo-platonic cults, he said stuff like:

""In the middle of all sits Sun enthroned.
In this most beautiful temple could we
place this luminary in any better position
from which he can illuminate the whole
at once? He is rightly called the Lamp,
the Mind, the Ruler of the Universe;
Hermes Trismegistus names him the
Visible God, Sophocles' Electra calls him
the All-Seeing. So the Sun sits as upon a
royal throne ruling his children the
planets which circle around him."

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   

If what the church teaches is the truth then why would it fear what astronomers or anybody else discovers about the universe?

We dont fear anything. We just speak out about false doctrine and false science.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Well what I posted works just as well for Christianity

If what Christianity teaches is the truth then whatever people find out about the universe will just glorify bible god

But if Christianity is just a tool to control people by using deceit and ignorance then Christianity will fear anything which exposes its deception and remove ignorance

edit on 13-2-2012 by racasan because: (no reason given)

You havn'f found out anything about the universe which supports helocentrism.

See : This thread

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
All 3 major religions are extensions of Egyptian Sun worship which grew from Sumerian beliefs which undoubtedly grew from prior systems of superstition such as Animism.

You even pay homage to the Amun (Amun - Ra, supreme Sun god of the Egyptians) when you finish your prayers.

Amen!

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
more out of context mumbo-jumbo

the centre of a stable orbital system is fixed - yes - but only with respect to the system

the ENTIRE system can move ` as one `

this is shown in the behaiviour of the earth / moon

Nah...immovable means not able to move.

Copernicus thought the sun was the unmoving centre of the universe.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   

I am baffled by something. If I may ask, what is your specific point / reason for posting this thread?

I am curious why one would make a thread about heliocentric being a anti-christian hoax, and seem so focused and intent on getting people to belief you?

Don't get me wrong, there is nothing wrong with debate or anything; I just noticed that you replied to all or almost all people that posted, so it seems like you have a "drive" on trying to get converters.

Also, if I may, let me pose the following hypothetical (world). Let's say that

- The Church made it so that 500+ years ago, Heliocentrism "lost" to the Church (any and all science related to heliocentricism was destroyed and Church succeeded in making 99.9% of people belief whatever they say)

-Newton was "punished" by the Church, his works and all not only destroyed but any teachings of his work led to "punishment"; And as a result, nobody even knows who Newton is.

-Same with Darwin.

-Let's say that the Church won on all these issues and basically made science forbidden?

What kind of world would we live in?

Look around you. Count how many devices / inventions your using that exists because of science.
Your computer (and accessories like monitor, keyboard), internet, tv, light bulbs, electricity, lamps that are not candle wax based, etc.

And think of all the inventions we all use everyday that exist because of science and scientific progress and invention

1- Running clean water
2- Tiolet's with plumbing to get waste out of home.

Yea, the Roman's I belief had gravity based plumbing and the like, but not for every single dwelling and nowhere near as good.

3- Landing man on the moon (which is an achievement that used MANY scientific laws and principles.

I can go on and on.

Roads, cars, etc.

So where would we be if all scientific was banned 500 years ago.

Where would we be???

Doomed to spending 4 hours a day dragging water from source to home + another 8 hours a day farming / harvesting + another 4 of praying + 8 hours to eat, crap, sleep, and stretch? Til an asteroid hits the planet and we get extinct?

One day an asteriod will hit the planet, and because of science, one way or another mankind (human species) will survive. Best case scientific will launch something to deflect the asteroid. If those things fail, than worst case, again cause of science, mankind will continue to exist in underground colonies, and space / mars etc. colonies.

If everything was 100% religion with no science allowed, mankind would be doomed because without scientific, there is no way to stop and prepare for WHEN (not if) asteroid hits the Earth.

-

edit on 14-2-2012 by Confusion42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Fiberx

. . . pay homage to the Amun . . .

I think this corresponds with the Greek Anankē.
Both being the creators of the universe, technically not gods.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Confusion42

. . . intent on getting people to belief you?

truth vs. lies
the new mind control
the powers that be, see the inevitable
co opt science for the new replacement for church
New rebellion = anti-theories with no proof
Like I said, it is no longer edgy, or out of the box to accept earth orbit sun

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60

. . . intent on getting people to belief you?

truth vs. lies
the new mind control
the powers that be, see the inevitable
co opt science for the new replacement for church
New rebellion = anti-theories with no proof
Like I said, it is no longer edgy, or out of the box to accept earth orbit sun

Well, ok, can you address the rest of the post?

And speaking of proof, where is there proof of a God?

A book? The Bible? Koran? Greek Myths?

There is not one shred of evidence for the existance of any fabricated overlord, except for within the minds of beliefers.

And BTW I am Agnostic-Theist Leaning (I think anything can be creator, or maybe everything always existed, or maybe ) ---- I do well to my fellow man and woman, don't do bad things, etc. but I don't do what some authority tries to brainwash me with.

I believe in heliocentrism, evolution, global warming, etc. because I also believe 1 + 1 = 2

I don't have a problem with Bible followers... I have a problem with Bible Thumbers telling me I will go to hell because I think the earth is billions of years old, and that life evolved...

IF there is indeed a God, according to the church, child molesting preachers go to heaven while people that belife the earth is billions of years old go to hell?

sounds like brain washing. not even worthy of using spell check for this posttt!

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArmorOfGod

Now I know you’re just being silly – I don’t know of any astronomers worship the sun

But if I where looking for a sun god cult I would start here

Coprnicus sounds like a sunworshipper who was deeply involved with neo-platonic cults, he said stuff like:

So?
What’s your point?
Who cares?
And in what way does it make the heliocentric view of the solar system wrong?

And if being in a sun cult is so bad how about this stuff?

Joe holding what an honest person would identify as a sun symbol

Jesus/Sun - the symbolism could not be clearer

Isis/Horus – Mary/Jesus

I think this is revealing – it’s a full view of Isis and Horus – note the horns and sun disk on her head – this has to be the imagery of a sun cult in the age of Taurus

Time line for the equinoxes and on or about year zero – the sun started rising in Pisces

And we get a new sun god for the age of Pisces

Do you think this might be the church hinting at what’s really going on

This is where that whole ‘cross’ business comes from

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   

I don't see how Darwinism or heliocentrism has contributed to a better way of life.
NASA flights by probes to planets are planned and calculated using a geocentric model.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   

So?
What’s your point?
Who cares?

Just answering your query about astronomers who are sunworshippers. You said you dont know any. I showed you one.

I am not affiliated with any denomination so showing me pictures of Catholics is moot.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   

I would think that it is Christianity that is the hoax.
I have often wondered the following -
When did pre-historic man first start to think that there were "gods" and what made him start to think that way.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Sailor Sam

Seeing someone take on a great beast and overcome it, giving to the viewer of such a specticle the idea of immortality.
Jesus taking on death and vanquishing it verifies it.
edit on 15-2-2012 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArmorOfGod

So?
What’s your point?
Who cares?

Just answering your query about astronomers who are sunworshippers. You said you dont know any. I showed you one

you provided a poem by one astronomer – but even if all astronomers are sun worshippers it still wouldn’t alter the fact that a heliocentric solar system is the best fit for the observations we have

I am not affiliated with any denomination so showing me pictures of Catholics is moot.

so are you saying you are not a Christian?
edit on 15-2-2012 by racasan because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60

I don't see how Darwinism or heliocentrism has contributed to a better way of life.
NASA flights by probes to planets are planned and calculated using a geocentric model.

Again with this! You cherry pick what others say, don't answer 90% of the questions or acknowledge 90% of what evidence / questions / proves are presented.

I gave you the benefit of the doubt in engaging in your thread; I have now learned my lesson.

ATTENTION READERS: It's pointless responding to this thread (the OP); As the original poster will disregard 90% + of the evidence and questions you present. And lie / misquote / mine quote the other 10%.

Ya know, if there's a God, you are NOT serving him by trying to limit scientific progress (which, in turn, produces inventions that benefit all of mankind. See "penicillin" , "toilet" , "heart surgery" and 10000000000000 other items!

I'll take my chances living a productive life helping my fellow man, doing no bad; For any small bad I accidentily do I make up one way or another.... I'll take my chances being "Good" and if there is a God being on his "Good Side" because I do good.

Instead of believing that

1- You must ignore all science - If you say that the Sun is center of solar system, you go to HELL!
2- Evolution? You mention it, you go to hell!

3- Using Condoms? You go to hell?
4- Miscarriage? Yup, hell

5- Having sex with a woman who is having a period? Yup, your gonna burn and be hanged! In Hell!
6- You must kill people who work on Sunday!

*If your a preacher, and molest children, you will still go to heaven
*If your not a preacher and don't molest children, u go to hell!

This is what you sick fks belief! The word of man

CAUSE THE SICK CRAP RELIGION TEACHES IS NOT GOD'S WORD OR INTENT!

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Wrong.

NASA flights to low earth orbit (ISS) and to the Moon are planned and calculated using a geocentric model, because the ISS and the Moon are definitely geocentric. Missions to other planets are heliocentric once they leave the Earth orbit phase.

Flight to Mars: How Long?
Along what Path?

Phoenix Mars Mission: Cruise Phase (Notice how the orbits of Earth and Mars and the spacecraft are all centered on the Sun)

Human Mission to Mars (Review the physics (or not), then study Student Activity 2 closely.

Canadian Space Agency: The Outbound Trip (whats that yellow thing in the center of the diagrams?)

Virtual prototyping of human Mars missions
with the Orbiter space flight simulator
(see section "D. Mars trajectory planning and guidance" on page 6 - especially the image of the flight planning guidance tool.

Athena Mars Exploration Rovers: Flight Plan

I could go on, but I'd just get a sore arm beating a dead horse further.
edit on 15/2/2012 by rnaa because: (no reason given)

edit on 15/2/2012 by rnaa because: grammar

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join