It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This stirred up some real emotion!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 05:53 AM
link   
This is a song by a group called 30 seconds to mars, now the song itself is pretty good!

but what got my emotion was the what the kids were saying at certain points in the video, i ask you to watch the whole video at least once, even if yuo dont like the music, but at least for the what the kids say!

The one little girl that wishes the world could stop fighting really tugged my heart strings. It seems Kids these days arnt allowing themselves to be dumbed down, well most of them i hope anyway! So yeah please have a listen and let yourself be touched

www.youtube.com...

im sorry im nt quite sure how to embedd it on here, if someone could do that for m i would be truly grateful
xx

Thanks

[edit on 18-8-2010 by Free4Ever2]

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Free4Ever2

The one little girl that wishes the world could stop fighting really tugged my heart strings. It seems Kids these days arnt allowing themselves to be dumbed down, well most of them i hope anyway!

Kids don't know anything.

And they are stupider than ever.

Not only that, many of them have been indoctrinated into little statists.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 06:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Free4Ever2

Explanation: S&F!

Done!...

[note: to embed youtube vid... just copy eveythging AFTER the v= in the youtube web address and paste into text filed when prompted after pushing youtube VIDEO button [up to right hand of posting text field window]!]

Personal Disclosure: OL is very busy at the moment but will listen and post later OK! Thanks!

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Just shows how easy it is to manipulate emotions, if that made you feel emotional. It reminded me of a mobile phone advert. In fact I was waiting for the advert at the end of it. Vapid teenagers talking about the end of the world and music. They all looked like actors reading a script

I just watched it again. It's awful, shameless promotion by this narcissist band. Having kids bled their hearts out while in other shots having kids say this band is the greatest in the world.

To me this video displays much I dislike in this world.

[edit on 18-8-2010 by woodwardjnr]

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 06:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Exuberant1

Thats a bit harsh is it not! How can you put every kid under one banner! have a little faith my friend. I bet you never even listened to what they have to say in that video?

I bet your the kind of person that looks at kids and thinks there all the same, hooligans and scum!!!! Open your eyes a little more and stop being so ageist!!

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

yes i agree it is easy to manipulate emotions! The emotion that i got from that video was actually quite happy! It shows that kids have feelings and opinions aswell! we should listen to them and allow them to speak there minds!

By your reckoning, every little thing that stirs an emotion is a manipulative device?? You must have a very dead heart my friend and i feel for you if thats the case, Dont let life numb your heart. Now im not looking for an argument so dont post back saying stuff like " oh oh oh my hearts not numb, how can you say that, (insert some kind of insult here ) "

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 06:27 AM
link   
reply to post by OmegaLogos

thanks my friend
very much appreciated

Who says ya dont learn something new everyday

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Free4Ever2
It seems Kids these days arnt allowing themselves to be dumbed down...

And yet they listen to bands like Thirty Seconds to Mars :shk:

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 06:30 AM
link   
reply to post by LiveForever8

What has musical taste got to do with it??

please ellaborate on this!

Im guessing your not a fan of this particular band, doesnt make it wrong for others to like it!

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 06:36 AM
link   

I just found the thing uninspiring. Designed for the x factor generation with the style and slick production. Reminds me of the mobile phone adverts, you know the one where that geezer gets loads of people to join his band. Sorry to piss on your parade but just calling it how I see it.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Kudos to you for having the emotions you do, they come from love and I always say one is coming from love or one is coming from fear. To the person who says children don't know anything your wrong, as a grandfather I know that children can be very profound and are less cluttered with BS like us adults. Thanks for your courage, it takes allot to put yourself out there. S&F Peace to you my friend.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by ablue07

Thank you my friend
Its good to know there are other people with love in there hearts
Im only young my self, 23 years old so ive alot of life to live and alot of love to give!
I will continue on the same path of love for as long as i can! Its why im here
Peace and love my friend

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Seems like people are starting to get it.
We need a band to pick the world up and drop it on our heads. I'm not talking about lil whine either.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 07:16 AM
link   
I'm cautious of anyone who has fame. Because they sold part of themselves for that fame. Anyone with fame and fortune better be putting out a real good message. Which I think these guys are. (Even if it seems kinda Christian brain-washy)

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 09:02 AM
link   
So a group of pretty boys learn the pentatonic minor, write some positive lyrics, get signed and make a lot of money. Have groupies hanging around and roadies to carry their gear. Sounds ok to me.

I'm sick and tired of playing for peanuts to a bunch of drunks in places that smell like....

I wish my crew could enjoy success like that, spread a positive message and perhaps make people feel that there is more to life than toil and a grimy existence.

[edit on 18-8-2010 by whaaa]

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Final edit... I had made a nice long post which linked to some embeds to older songs which I thought were of some interest lyrically to conspiracy minded folks like the songs Oblivion, Fallen, Valhalla, Revolution among some more recent works. For the life of me I can't make the embeds work after several attempts so I've just removed the post altogether.

I suppose one could say my first attempt at posting on ATS has been quite the failure!
edit on 18-11-2010 by ProvehitoInAltum because: Giving up on trying to embed.

join