It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do they look like us?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 01:26 AM
link   
I really like the points made about that our Galaxy is made up of the same stuff so there should be some close similarities. I started a thread recently about cultural universals, which are similarities between cultures. Like a hero, love, hate, mythology, for example talking differently in different situations, similarities between cultures all over the world.

However the nature vs nurture argument, meaning the surrounding geography, environment, weather, biology all shape the culture.

So my conclusion is that a planet with intelligent life might not have a similar atmosphere, they might not have H2O, the environment might be totally different. This difference would shape their culture. A completely new list of cultural universals for that world. They may have no concept of love/hate. It might be something we have never heard of, because the elements of their planet compose this different environment with a different culture.

They could come to Earth and be completely bewildered by Human Beings.

Now to go even deeper into my theory. Aliens having different cultural universals than ours, for example no concept of love/hate.

I know you're probably thinking, "What would the Aliens cultures be??"

Obviously something we don't know about.

Maybe Aliens came and introduced Religion, Agriculture, and Technology.

To add on, Aliens would look similar to humans, may not have originated from a primate, might not even be primates/reptiles/etc to describe on their planet, the levels of different gases, metals, elements, atoms, gravity, could be completely different than Earth.

And their culture might be completely alien to our knowing.

I also think that Human Beings have a really "evolved" look. We don't look exactly like primates, there are many differences.

I would bet that something other than a "primate" evolved on a planet to a human being, it wouldn't look terrifying or grotesque. It would look evolved. Just like us. I think the sketchings of Reptilians, or whatever dog/cat, aquatic/amphibian, insect/bird looking alien I've seen on the internet, none look evolved.

Imagine what an alien would sketch trying to think of what a primate looking alien would look like? They wouldn't draw a human being. They would draw some half primate half humanoid creature, relatively speaking.

So I think of our drawings of Reptilians for example, a Lizard man, would actually look much more different in reality. And who knows how many senses they have, and similar senses. Who knows how much stronger or weaker, their senses are than ours.

With the possibility of having different senses, or even a different structure of the brain, there might be an alien species that quickly excels in "math" and "science", and their technological evolution evolved much faster than ours, and earlier in their
existence.

For example, the smartest animals on Earth, and ask yourself, if they evolved into a humanoid, would they be quicker than us? Think about how close some animals are to us now. Think about what they would look like after 7 million years of evolution and how they would behave and think.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 02:26 AM
link   
in the words of a great man : "no, you look timelord. we came first"
no but seriously. there are actually alot of different shapes of creatures, but think about earth. there are different species of fish that look the same, as with mammals, reptiles, and when you think of it, alot of creatures on earth have 2 arms, 2 legs, and a tail (oh and terran humans (us) are actually a mix of 21 races, but lyran seems to be a dominant gene.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 02:49 AM
link   
It is interesting to note that recently a parasite was identified in cats that causes their prey to lose their fear of the cat. Subsequently, humans are being infected by the parasites which attach themselves to the host's brain and causes them to have a more affectionate attitude towards the cat, almost forced to Love the cat. Those testing positive seem to be of the persuasion of having many cats around them.

Could you see where I am going with this. A quadruped could in fact control the lesser bipedal beasts into doing what they want.

Who are we to say that the Illuminati aren't just a bunch of cats living in castles? Or, some other creature that could not have the potential of building complex machinery by hand. We only think we are in control, and each of us here knows that is a farse. LOL

Egypt certainly must of been controlled by these parasites! Cats everywhere in the temples!

Too funny! I hate cats!

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 03:15 AM
link   
I like this.the intelligent discussion in this thread.
may I suggest that You ppl try to meditate as often and as much as you can to evolve and elevate yourselves. As you elevate through the levels you will find that you can comprehend things more clearly.You understand things through your deep feelings as to wether it is true or not. As you progress,you will come to understand ways to program yourself to evolve faster than normal,like activating the other parts of your brain.
If you do not try to help yourself and better yourself nobody else can help you.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   
"They" look like us - bipedal, two eyes, mouth, two nostrils, - the answer has to do with GRAVITY and SURVIVAL. In our dimensional plane, the 3rd, gravity exists on the terrestrial level so any being that evolves from a crustacean to a consciously aware sentient being such as human must evolve with this duality to maintain balance and symmetry for optimum results. It has been proven that nature consciously seeks out and selects bilateral symmetry as one of it's most desired traits in all living things - and essential trait for survival.

There are gaseous beings who can manifest any form or shape, however they are not on this dimensional plane.

[edit on 23-8-2010 by epicvision]

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Great thread, really interesting.

I find myself in two minds about the original question though.

The first part of me thinks, wow there is so much bizarre diversity on the planet from jellyfish to stick insects etc that the chances of an alien looking anything like us at all are tiny.

Then I start to think a bit more about what might be required for a species to reach a certain level of intelligence and the field seems to narrow down quite a lot.
I would have thought for example that a creature would have to be warm blooded i.e. be able to regulate their own body temperature to adapt to different environments. So that leaves us with basically mammals and birds, and on the earth all of those that I can think of have the same basic layout, 2 eyes, 2 ears, 4 limbs etc

Bipedal movement is more of a tough one, I'm not sure I can really think of a real advantage, but the ability to manipulate objects with a thumb and fingers is probably essential for developing advanced intelligence, but why you couldn't still use your hand to walk on at the same time I'm not sure.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   
[color=484848]Subliminal Manipulation today. Can you see it? star?
reply to post by 19872012

i like your grandma's thoughts on that, thanks.

i think if they look like us it may be due to a process known as panspermia.

briefly it is the theory that micro organisms came to earth via comets and the like (meteors, etc) and we are similiar because our origins are similiar.

there are some interesting extremophiles (sp?) out there.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Greensage
It is interesting to note that recently a parasite was identified in cats that causes their prey to lose their fear of the cat. Subsequently, humans are being infected by the parasites which attach themselves to the host's brain and causes them to have a more affectionate attitude towards the cat, almost forced to Love the cat. Those testing positive seem to be of the persuasion of having many cats around them.

Could you see where I am going with this. A quadruped could in fact control the lesser bipedal beasts into doing what they want.

Who are we to say that the Illuminati aren't just a bunch of cats living in castles? Or, some other creature that could not have the potential of building complex machinery by hand. We only think we are in control, and each of us here knows that is a farse. LOL

Egypt certainly must of been controlled by these parasites! Cats everywhere in the temples!

Too funny! I hate cats!

It sure is cool for cats man!

I love cats, there are story's of them helping humans too!
But they definately have something of the otherworldly way about them

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by SilentNoMore
I've read and heard a lot from those claiming to be channellers of Pleiadians, and the story that they all seem to be reporting is that humans were all created in this image, and that groups of them were placed upon hundreds of copies of the Earth (not necessarily meaning that the Earth was the original from which the others were spawned). So the stories of those that appear human to those that they have contacted would certainly explain that side of things.

However, those described as "Greys", "Reptillian", "cat-people" and "Bird Tribes" were reportedly all working together initially to *create* humanity, so supposedly all contributed to our design.

Some are reported simply to be energies that are able to take on a form to communicate, but chose to take on a human form as this enables them to interact easier with the humans psychologically. I suppose, following this same idea, those that do not want to be exposed or revealed would logically use our form so as to be able to hide in plain sight. Except for that creepy guy in the British TV ads asking people to cash in all their old gold jewellery - he's clearly a raptile struggling to maintain a human form if I ever saw one!

So guess this could theoretically put that to rest, if it's all correct and true. However, I'm still looking for more ideas and possibilities....

This is factual, but as far as I understand, The Pleiadians' ancestors were human and contributed their DNA to create the original human; a human with an advanced DNA system based on 12 helixes. The "modern" human is an experimental version of the original human that was created by Reptilian extraterrestrials after they raided the planet.

[edit on 24-8-2010 by hermantinkly]

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 12:08 AM
link   
I think these people might be aliens who look human….
www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by DoomsdayRex

Originally posted by 19872012
I'm not looking for people saying aliens don't exist - because it's proven that they do, even Churchill knew...

It's not been proven they do; Churchill did not know about the existence of aliens. It is a modern myth, born of irresponsible sensationalist reporting in the media and poor reading comprehension among UFO believers. That report is not based on any first hand report information, but a 1999 letter sent to the MoD that claimed the author's grandfather was supposedly witness to Churchill's comments. Source

I have only just made this account, but I would like to say you are very annoying. If you don't agree with people's beliefs about aliens why bother trolling. Find something you are interested in and enjoy that.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 01:02 AM
link   
i have not read the whole thread ,but IMHO they look like my tatto their

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by 19872012

Why? Is it something to do with the bipedal form?

Perhaps. Ever try to build a spaceship with tentacles? Dolphins are intelligent, perhaps arguably more so than humans, but I don't see flippers very practical for building either.

Perhaps the ability to GRASP is required before a species becomes space travellers

Dale Russel

In 1982, Dale Russell, then curator of vertebrate fossils at the National Museum of Canada in Ottawa, conjectured a possible evolutionary path that might have been taken by Troodon had it not perished in the K/T extinction event 65 million years ago, suggesting that it could have evolved into intelligent beings similar in body plan to humans. Over geologic time, Russell noted that there had been a steady increase in the encephalization quotient or EQ (the relative brain weight when compared to other species with the same body weight) among the dinosaurs. Russell had discovered the first Troodontid skull, and noted that, while its EQ was low compared to humans, it was six times higher than that of other dinosaurs. If the trend in Troodon evolution had continued to the present, its brain case could by now measure 1,100 cm3; comparable to that of a human. Troodontids had semi-manipulative fingers, able to grasp and hold objects to a certain degree, and binocular vision.

en.wikipedia.org...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/874fc2b6dcc6.jpg[/atsimg]

Troodon sapiens?: Thoughts on the "Dinosauroid"
scienceblogs.com...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7973fa61a7e5.jpg[/atsimg]

Originally posted by Nephi1337
i have not read the whole thread ,but ......

GOOD GRIEF the thread is only 1 PAGE DOH!!

[edit on 31-8-2010 by zorgon]

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 02:02 AM
link   
There were several different types of hominid species on Earth until 50,000 years or so. Once we were able to find the right evolutionary track, we were able to survive some pretty tough times, and so we lived. Another kind of critter on another planet who goes through roughly the same kind of tough times might evolve along the same lines we did. They might not come out exactly the same, but close. Stereo vision for hunting. Fingers for grasping. Standing and running to attack or escape.

The trick is, an animal can't get too cozy in its environment or it won't have any reason to evolve any more. Sharks stopped evolving 240 million years or so ago, because they didn't have to. So if an alien is going to look like us, it has to kind of ride the edge of extinction for a while, like we did. And the more that happens, the less likely they'll survive.

Or the UFO visitors are time travelers. Genetically modified humans or something like that. It's hard to say, because as far as we know, nobody's ever caught one and cut it open to see.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 02:54 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Perhaps the ability to GRASP is required before a species becomes space travellers

Certainly. The ability of complicated tool usage is crucial.

A major factor that's been overlooked is use of fire. Without fire we may never have advanced or even survived. It's kept us alive in winters and ice ages (heat, preserving meat), helped to kill bacteria (sterilisation) and smelt metals (copper, tin, bronze >>>alloys).

The grasping hands (opposable thumbs) and setting fires go together in our race to the stars. Guess what else is needed for fire?

The right atmosphere!

Our atmosphere is generated by the particular circumstances of geography, geology, bio-mass and climate.

In this light, if there are ETs and they look like us, perhaps it isn't surprising? To get to the point of space travel or interdimensional travel, maybe they need to come from a world with similar conditions to ours?

Sure, there'll be differences...their worlds could be multiple moon systems with complex tidal forces. They wouldn't need to be exactly alike.

Some guys like to argue that aliens would be beyond our imagination or totally 'alien' to us. I think that's a BS argument against ETs looking similar.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky

The grasping hands (opposable thumbs) and setting fires go together in our race to the stars.

And not only have our manipulative hands and knowledge of fire set us on the path to the stars but it also gave man the universal, cross-cultural ability to light his own farts!

Forefinger, opposable thumb and match!

An underrated human activity that may well be the catalyst that led to the invention of the combustion engine and subsequently the space rocket. (Wernher Von Braun was famous for his "eight-inch blue flame" party trick, did you know?)

Have I lowered the tone? OK I won't mention Carl Sagan's classic "sputtering Bunsen burner" gag or Stephen Hawking's record-breaking "Lance of Flame" - back on topic -

I would suggest that aliens look like us because to date the only ones we have seen have evolved from the imagination of man and quite often require a man to fit inside the Hollywood alien suit.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   
i'll let you in on a little secret.. we don't know what aliens look like. we also have no idea if they even exist. i think they do, but i'm just saying there is no concrete proof. i hate when people talk about how aliens look, what their motives are, and where they are from when they don't know. this type of speculation is just fantasy, and it is not based in any kind of fact whatsoever. people who claim to talk to aliens are crazy and they need mental help.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Just to mention, dolphins have been observed using tools. Could you imagine a UFO being a flying aquarium?
Also, I have read of abduction reports from members on ATS who claim to have seen aliens that were not bipedal and looked nothing like us. I just wanted to add that in there.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrAndy Could you imagine a UFO being a flying aquarium?

yes I can imagine that, but don't have to.

Star Trek already did that with the Whale Ship

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e75cc7a4fcc6.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Another brainwashed alien onlooker, have you seen one..do they deliver pizzas or post your daily paper..NO, post a photo of one havin a beer in a bar..

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join