It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do they look like us?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 05:30 AM
link   
The Greys, Pleadeans, and so on, all resemble us greatly. Why? Is it something to do with the bipedal form? Is the creator of the Universe a being of this shape? Are human beings on Earth not native, but rather a part of a large human galactic family? Do the ETs simply shape-shift to appear like us when they see us? (my grandma says the Sirians are actually gaseous beings and can appear like anything they want)

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 05:38 AM
link   
Well, if they are like us in some respects it probably means that they are carbon based life forms, and I think that it would be the natural evolution of any higher intellegence to walk on the hind feet.

I mean, unless it was an aquatic based life form of higher intellegence.

I think on a bilogical level, it is important for a high intellegence to evolve to be most flexible to any situation. I beleive that the human configration is probably the one that most succesful species would acheive with enough time to evolve.

But the real question is this, Who would win Superman or Silver surfer??

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 05:49 AM
link   
reply to post by 19872012

Whilst I think it's entirely possible that humans are some kind of alien/immigrant/experiment - we have little decent proof of their existence.

It would quite possibly be a case of US implying something easy to imagine on how they look, you know?

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 05:53 AM
link   
Because our perceptions of aliens is based less on what people have actually encountered and more on a reliance on bad science-fiction television and movies.

[edit on 18-8-2010 by DoomsdayRex]

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 06:00 AM
link   
I'm not looking for people saying aliens don't exist - because it's proven that they do, even Churchill knew - anyway, I'm looking for opinions WHY most of them appear humanoid.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 06:07 AM
link   
reply to post by 19872012

Could be any number of reasons. Psychology, imagination, society, reality?

Maybe the humanoid template is the best-fit format for technological advancement?

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 06:18 AM
link   
I've heard 2 main theories behind it.

1 is the to be expected version where our imagination bases the shape on our own form but hides the details enough so that it's still 'alien' to us. That's why they look slightly human but not quite human. It's a trick of our own mind like a hallucination, dream or lie.

The other version of events I've heard is that the bipedal form with opposable thumbs is the most suited to creating and manipulating tools form around, which in turn eventually drives the beings into space exploration and us.

So one for the sceptical thinker and 1 for the believer thinker.

It could be they are both or neither true too.

-m0r

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Its because we were made in their image..But what's up with your Grandma, where's she get her information from, how old is she, that's extremely interesting to me.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by 19872012
I'm not looking for people saying aliens don't exist - because it's proven that they do, even Churchill knew...

It's not been proven they do; Churchill did not know about the existence of aliens. It is a modern myth, born of irresponsible sensationalist reporting in the media and poor reading comprehension among UFO believers. That report is not based on any first hand report information, but a 1999 letter sent to the MoD that claimed the author's grandfather was supposedly witness to Churchill's comments. Source

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 07:23 AM
link   
It's hard for me to imagine aliens being any other way than humanoid. Maybe the only aliens interested in us are those which take a similar form.

I mean if you could travel anywhere in the universe, would you rather go look at the blob like Blobulors of planet Fatsack, or would you rather investigate alien species similar to yourself?

Perhaps aliens similar to us view Earth as a sort of experiment. As time travel is most likely impossible, perhaps they observe our evolution to learn about themselves.

Maybe the inevitable conclusion of bipedal species is to journey into space. So if this process of evolution always takes a similar path they could be watching us to see the process in motion.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 07:29 AM
link   
I started a thread a while back explaining why ET should look like us. I won't re-write everything, but if you care to read the thread you will see that it makes sense.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 03:27 AM
link   
If we are going to speculate about super-advanced alien visitors with near godlike abilities then anything goes.

I suspect, however, that the oriental appearance of the Gray abductors with almond-shaped eyes who have turned up in the post-war era could be the manifestation of some subconscious fear of being invaded by the Japanese.

But hey, those things could be genetically engineered, cloned android things deliberately designed by the unremarkable-looking blob beings to scare to us.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 03:41 AM
link   
I think there are some great points in this thread. However it is possible these beings look somewhat like us because they are from a mirror universe ? Maybe they are astral projections and really look nothing like us could be pure energy that only manifest in the human psyche ? Or maybe they are what was described as "Angels" in the bible that were similar to us yet somewhat androgynous i remember reading the description of the Angels having no genitals just like the greys. Or another theory is they are our descendants "dying races" from the future and changed in appearance for a variety of reasons, genetic manipulation, cloning , change in environment from some cataclysm

The galaxy could be seeded with the same genetic materials on each planet just like earth. Look at all the animals that have two eyes and a mouth on earth just as we do. From birds to reptiles to fish to mammals. We are not that unlike the plethora of species on earth so I think it is safe to say this all occurs on other worlds wit the same genetic soup.

If you recall Sgt. Clifford Stone formerly of the US Army discussing how 57 varieties of alien beings had been cataloged by 1989.
And how he scientists were baffled over the bipedal thing. He kind of covered what i all ready said about the seeding of planets with the same genetic materials and building blocks.

[edit on 19-8-2010 by Unknown Soldier]

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 03:44 AM
link   
I wouldnt say that the Greys resemble us "greatly" - The only way that they even come close to resembling us would be due to them being bipedal.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 02:43 AM
link   
I can definitely go along with the concept the Earth was colonized by several different species thousands of years ago. We could very well BE the experiment in genetic manipulation.

I read a theory somewhere that suggested before the major races on Earth were actually seeded here and allowed to develop their civilizations thousands of miles from one another until natural expansion of their culture led them to contact their neighbors.

I have also read some interesting theories about the genetic differences of the major races on Earth and how their genetic characteristics don't necessarily match up with their home environment.

Hmmm! I think I'll flag this one.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I've read and heard a lot from those claiming to be channellers of Pleiadians, and the story that they all seem to be reporting is that humans were all created in this image, and that groups of them were placed upon hundreds of copies of the Earth (not necessarily meaning that the Earth was the original from which the others were spawned). So the stories of those that appear human to those that they have contacted would certainly explain that side of things.

However, those described as "Greys", "Reptillian", "cat-people" and "Bird Tribes" were reportedly all working together initially to *create* humanity, so supposedly all contributed to our design.

Some are reported simply to be energies that are able to take on a form to communicate, but chose to take on a human form as this enables them to interact easier with the humans psychologically. I suppose, following this same idea, those that do not want to be exposed or revealed would logically use our form so as to be able to hide in plain sight. Except for that creepy guy in the British TV ads asking people to cash in all their old gold jewellery - he's clearly a raptile struggling to maintain a human form if I ever saw one!

So guess this could theoretically put that to rest, if it's all correct and true. However, I'm still looking for more ideas and possibilities....

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   
The bipedal form is a very good design. Why something else if the bipedal form works so great?

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   
If they didn't look at least a little bit like us...

How would we be able to know that they Were "Aliens"'?

Do you really need "hands" to use tools?
Do you really need "legs" to walk?

Suppose you could get someone else to use the tools for you.
Suppose you could simply "will" yourself somewhere else.

Suppose that small green speck, of what you would have guessed to be paint (if you even noticed it all), was actually a "vistor" from another galaxy?

Would you recognize him/her/it as a "alien"... If you even recognized him/her/its existence at all?

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by 19872012
The Greys, Pleadeans, and so on, all resemble us greatly. Why? Is it something to do with the bipedal form? Is the creator of the Universe a being of this shape? Are human beings on Earth not native, but rather a part of a large human galactic family? Do the ETs simply shape-shift to appear like us when they see us? (my grandma says the Sirians are actually gaseous beings and can appear like anything they want)

I think that bipedal beings are the most versatile, giving us the advantage over other animals. Its probably just some evolutionary given.

That, or we were created in their images. Its pretty much a given, as we advance technologically we want to learn how life works, and maybe create our own.

We probably have mixed DNA with ET's and apes.

I think you should edit your post title, to why we look like them. They are obviously the olde races.

[edit on 21-8-2010 by 8fl0z]

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   
I got this idea a few years ago while talking to a friend about this very same thing — the supposed likeness of aliens. I have come across people suggesting something similar very few times, but I believe it's something worthy of consideration. At least I think it's something fun to think about.

My post is intended to be nothing more than a mental exercise. I don't endorse any one theory and I don't take for granted the ETH as proven fact.

Let's assume for a moment that we have been visited by alien — in the full sense of the word — beings. Communication between our species might not be as straightforward as what is perceived in popular culture. Obviously it may depend greatly on the ‘evolution gap’ between the species, but we have to consider the possibility that the beings visiting us are so advanced we might be comparable to ants.

We are aware of ants. We can watch them, manipulate them, play with them, and even genetically experiment on them. We can impact their environment, and even existence, with ease. But we can't communicate with them. Ants aren't even aware of us. And our evolutionary gap is so steep that even if we could communicate with them, most likely, they wouldn't understand where that communication was coming from. But what if we could communicate with ants and look like ants?

What if the alleged alien beings interacting with us are so advanced, or so radically different from us, that the only way for us to perceive that interaction as something remotely similar to what was intended, is for these beings to look like something we are familiar with?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join