It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fair & Balanced

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Not surprising of course...but also kinda shocking when a "news" outlet is in bed with politics that much. Reporting in a biased way is one thing, openly donating for the very party you support through biased reporting is a whole other story...

News Corp., owner of the Fox network, Fox News and newspapers including the New York Post and The Wall Street Journal, gave $1 million in late June to the Republican Governors Association, making it one of the largest corporate donors to the GOP group this election season.

LINK

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 04:06 AM
link   
Well now that corporations are "PEOPLE" thanks to the Supreme Court I guess they are allowed to do this. I'm not an expert on American Election contributions but you have to love their moxy. They are making no attempt to hide the fact that they are the Mouthpiece of the GOP.

I still think FOX NEWS is more entertainment than news. Just watch Glenn Beck for 5 mins if you can stomach it. The man would have had a prominent position in the NAZI propaganda arm. Bill O'Reilly is no better. Sean Hannity is another winner.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 04:19 AM
link   
When anyone ever says anything bad about the Fox news channel, just remind yourself Fox gets higher ratings. Thereby winning any argument you may ever have, "Fox said this and they have the highest ratings."

Obviously, we're all just Republicans inside and anyone who voted for a democrat just didn't understand what they were voting for, so rest assured that your inner Republican was right all along and everyone will be on your side when it's time to vote again. The polls say so and so does Fox news, don't listen to anyone or anything else, those people are communists. We all know communism is bad. You shouldn't like the color red either, unless it's in conjuction with white and blue, then it's ok.

God is awesome...only the Christian God though, not Allah.

Remember to fight for keeping the richest 2% of the country (you know, the ones making more than $250,000) even more wealthy because they work harder than you do and deserve the money.

Rupert Murdoch is an immigrant but he's rich, so just agree with whatever his news organization says...even if it's bashing immigrants.

Seven percent of News Corp profits go to Saudi Arabia...but don't forget we're still at war with Islam. No mosque's at Ground Zero!

The news of the day is the commentary of Beck, O'Reilly and Hannity from last night...just don't change the channel and you won't forget what's really important. They also get higher ratings than those communists at MSNBC, so everything they say is right and what you should be thinking.

The only reason you're unemployed is because the democrats want to tax your boss...we all know the only thing that matters is money, so your boss is right to have fired you.

Anything the Repoublican party says is straight out of the founding fathers' mouths. The founding fathers were not only infallible, but the constitution is sacrosanct...unless we don't agree with some parts of it.

Finally, to further our pursuit of the dominion of the rich, white, Christian male we'll only employ attractive, blonde, white women as news anchors.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   
media spin versus media spin
who's worse???

always check and verify

newsbusters.org...

Until now, the News Corp./Fox political action committee had given 54 percent of its donations to Democrats and 46 percent to Republicans, according to the Center for Responsive Politics -- including $8,000 to Senate Majority Leader Harry M. Reid's campaign committee and $5,000 to House Speaker Nancy Pelosi's organization. News Corp. also gave $45,000 each to GOP and Democratic campaign committees on Capitol Hill.

so dems are crying over what is very close donations of the same amount

again,,, media spin

WSJ editorial leans conservative,,, yet reporting is liberal
hence this story

a good link on media bias of certain papers, mags

newsroom.ucla.edu...

a good reason to hate all msm!!!!

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by shortywarn

I couldn't find the Center for Responsible Politics report but I did find that opensecrets.org has the $1 million contribution for the Republican governors association but nowhere did I find News Corp or News America Inc donating anything to the democrats.

Good find though.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 01:35 AM
link   
and every single news outlet wishes they were foxnews.

i find it hilarious of how afraid people are of foxnews

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 03:59 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I'm not afraid of FOX news. Fox news is like Sinn Fein was to the IRA. Just another arm of the GOP. Their hypocritical stances on most subjects is amazing and they love the "Fear tactic" to get ratings. Fox Entertainment would be a more accurate portrayal of their approach to news.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by shortywarn

You are confused. yes Newscorp has donated to both dems and gop in the past....on the order of thousands of dollars...5k here...5k there. More or less equal to both parties...

They just wrote a check for 1 Million dollars to the Republicans..

A whole different scale.

Jon Stewart summed it up nicely...
www.thedailyshow.com...

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by DEEZNUTZ

I still think FOX NEWS is more entertainment than news. Just watch Glenn Beck for 5 mins if you can stomach it. The man would have had a prominent position in the NAZI propaganda arm. Bill O'Reilly is no better. Sean Hannity is another winner.

And you would be correct in your assessment. Those three men are analysts, not newscasters. They are paid to offer their opinion.

People need to remember that fact before they badmouth Fox News.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by mishigas

Wait, you actually think the words that come out of their mouths are THEIR opinions?

Haha, oh wow.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Those three Newscasters are some of the biggest hypocrits on the airwaves. The fact that people take everything they say as holy-writ is the real scary thing. But if you want to believe everything they say then go for it. That's your right but please don't tell me FOX isn't a mouthpiece for the GOP.

Glenn Beck especially seems to be suffering some sort of mental breakdown.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 11:50 PM
link   

The problem with Fox News, that a lot of people recognize, is that what their analysts speculate on their journalists report on.

I said it earlier, the topic of Beck, O'Reilly and Hannity last night is the news story this morning on FNC.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 12:20 AM
link   
I love fox news and most of the people that watch fox news are overjoyed that they donated money to the republican party.I know I am and most of my friends and family.Don't watch it if you have a problem with it.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 12:24 AM
link   
FOX is very good at what they do. The people they don't label as news reporters (Beck & Co.) start rumors, and the "real" (lol) news reporters then present those rumors as facts.

Only a totally blind and brainwashed sheep would really consider FOX as their reliable news source.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 12:33 AM
link   
As real as msnbc and cnn.One thing I can say about fox news is atleast they are not anti-American or commie bastards.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Personally, I don't watch any of those crappy, biased networks.

Side note---her dress seems pretty skanky for reporting on politics, IMO. What do you guys think?

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by links234

The problem with Fox News, that a lot of people recognize, is that what their analysts speculate on their journalists report on.

As is the way every other news station operates. Reporters report, analysts analyze.

Originally posted by State of Mind
Side note---her dress seems pretty skanky for reporting on politics, IMO. What do you guys think?

See what I meant about the maturity level of the juvies? :shk:

Originally posted by SpectreDC

Wait, you actually think the words that come out of their mouths are THEIR opinions?

Haha, oh wow.

Yeah. You have any proof that points otherwise, except for your paranoia?

Those three Newscasters are some of the biggest hypocrits on the airwaves. The fact that people take everything they say as holy-writ is the real scary thing. But if you want to believe everything they say then go for it. That's your right but please don't tell me FOX isn't a mouthpiece for the GOP.

Glenn Beck especially seems to be suffering some sort of mental breakdown.

Twist twist twist, spin spin spin.

Originally posted by MrXYZ
FOX is very good at what they do. The people they don't label as news reporters (Beck & Co.) start rumors, and the "real" (lol) news reporters then present those rumors as facts.

How about you give us three solid examples of this? Can't do it? How about one example? No?

You can't just spew words that you think are clever or witty and expect them to not be challenged. This isn't high school.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 02:53 AM
link   

You can't just spew words that you think are clever or witty and expect them to not be challenged. This isn't high school.

You should take some of your own advice. Have you watched Glenn Beck lately? You can't tell me that guys playing with a full deck of cards!

I don't watch very much American news except for entertainment value anyways. Gone are the days when reporters actually had some integrity!

Soo Sad!

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by mishigas

Originally posted by MrXYZ

How about you give us three solid examples of this? Can't do it? How about one example? No?

How about the 9/12 project? Beck proposes tax protests on 9/12 and Fox & Friends report on 'nation wide protests planned' the next day.

Glenn Beck calls Van Jones a communist and Gretchen Carlson says he's got 'ties to terrorists' the next morning.

Two, not three. However, as a person subject to watching early morning Fox reruns and then seeing the morning show I'm pretty sure that whatever 'story' one of the commentators uncovers their morning show will highlight as if it were actual news.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 08:27 AM
link   

You should take some of your own advice. Have you watched Glenn Beck lately? You can't tell me that guys playing with a full deck of cards!

I don't watch Glen Beck, or listen to him. I can't. He makes no sense to me - it's as if his show is one big ad-lib. I just "don't get it".

[edit on 22-8-2010 by mishigas]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join