It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What does everyone think is the top 3 problems facing our nation today?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Nanotechnology and Food Tampering - Unavoidable when they're not labelled, but who has the means to eat 100% organic. How do we know if it is actually organic given FDA corruption, etc ?

Dollar Dependancy - Money layers everything, and dictates modern society. Thousands of evils arise from the love of money. If we lose the abilities our forefathers had, then we lose our ability to cope and adapt.

Stress - Acidic Ph levels are one of the biggest impactors on health, and it seems the more you study, and the greater your knowledge of world situations and rabbit holes go, there are so many more reasons to be stressed about. It's almost as if it was designed that way...

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Lack of knowledge
Lack of integrity
Lack of wisdon
Leading to a lack of leadership.
in all things important
to the governance
by
and for
the people.

[edit on 20-8-2010 by Danbones]

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   
OK, The top 5 seem to be :

1. The Federal Reserve
2. The Ecomony
3. The "Left-v-Right" paradigm.
4. Governmental Corruption. (Govt itself is not corrupt but those who are in power are)
5. Religious Extremitism/Fundamentalism.

Thank you thus far, I will use these 4 of these to compile a report for submission to my avenues towards the end of 2010 or Ear 11 and we'll figure out what's good.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   
1. Nancy Pelosi (let's pass the bill to find out what's in it)
2. Harry Reid (there are no Hispanics in Nevada)
3. BHO (almost visited all 57 States - one to go)

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Only 3? I'll have to be concise.

3) The doomed 2 party system. Self explanatory.

2) The MIC. Control of the gov't by those that aren't elected but have unseen power.

1) Political apathy. People that don't care about politics because it's useless in their eyes.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   
1. The Federal Reserve
2. The Federal Reserve
3. The Federal Reserve

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   
1. A decline in the virtue of civic duty.

2. The two-party political system.

2. The crumbling education system.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Education
Media
Apathy

And they tie hand in hand. The primary issue isn't that people aren't educated but that they are politically uneducated. They don't know what their interests are, so politicians and the media have a much easier job influencing them. Apathy seems to be the reason that they aren't changing anything about it.

Get out there, be informed people!

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by lobo2099
muslims, blacks, and mexicans

Let me get one thing clear before this thread moves forward.

There will not be anything presented that either strips, prohibits or denies any ethnic or secular group any rights.

No more Obama, Biden, Pelosi, et al entries please,

[edit on 29-8-2010 by TheImmaculateD1]

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Money system

Wage Structure

Lack of a Represenative Congess

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   
See, this is where i look at the world differently. So many people are obsessed with their own country, like they are another race or something. People should not be worried about "their nation" but should worry about the world, and the human race, as one. Being patriotic about your country has caused so many problems in the world, and in my opinion, is barckward and primitive thinking.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   
1. The size, scope and power of the federal government

2. Our federal debt/foolish economic policy

3. Interventionist foreign policy

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   
1.) Young people
2.) Old people
3.) Middle Aged People

Basically....Americans are the biggest problem we face in our nation today.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Snarf

Seconded

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by TheImmaculateD1

My top three problems with America;

1) Television. And all that comes with it. (Propaganda, advertising, and mind numbingly stupid programs that distract people from the things that should matter to them, like their freedom, and what our politicians are doing.)

2) Our education system. People are trained from birth to accept, without question, what authority figures say as the gospel. (In the case of religion, literally) And they are not trained in the art of thinking and analysis so that they can reason for themselves.

3) The Corporate form. There should never have been a method for people to escape liability for their actions, even if those actions are collective, when they are allowed to profit from those actions. It was a horrible but brilliant idea, and if we had any sense, we would undo it.

All of the above are my opinion, in response to the OP, and I am not telling anyone else what to think. But if I had a magic wand, these are the three things I would address first.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Hypocrisy

Apathy

Stupidity

To be fair though, it's the same 3 problems every god damned place on this planet has so it isn't exactly a USA thing.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   
When I saw this thread, I hoped against hope that everyone would take it seriously and avoid partisan attacks. If we all did that, we would find that we really can find common ground and that there are many more things on which we can agree, than most people think.

I encourage everyone to go back and read every post, noting the number of specific problems with which you find you agree. Then, look at who posted those things. You will, most likely, find yourself in agreement with a member, with whom you have had heated debates.

As a personal example, Southern Guardian posted these three:

1# Businesses shifting off employment overseas
2# Government overspending in particular on the military industrial complex and our support of foreign nations.
3# Healthcare

Though we may not completely concur on their order of importance, I definitely find myself, for the first time that I can recall, in parallel with him on including these on my top ten list. I do not disagree with a single one of them, as being important problems with which Americans are currently faced.

Without numbering them, as I really find it difficult to limit myself to three, and I believe there are direct correlations between many of the previous submissions, my contributions are:

The media

Blatant promotion of class warfare by politicians

ETA: Rampant government spending and waste.

[edit on 29-8-2010 by WTFover]

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by WTFover

To be fair on the class warfare part, we should be having a class war right now.

The top .01% and the rest of us.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   
1.Obama

2.Congress

3.Party affiliated Voters.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join