It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

School District Demanding to Enter My Home!!!

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 11:15 PM
link   
This is not a nice situation for you. Do not let them in as they have now marked you down as a problem person. This will effect your kid and how he is treated. I would moved school and file some legal grievance against these people. Just tie them up in paperwork for years. It good to waste there time.

Hope it works out!

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by lostviking

Answer the door with a shotgun. You don't have to point it at anyone, just have it your hand as you step out on your porch to greet them. That will get the message of private property across.
No one is allowed in your home but you and who you let in.
Seriously, I say to get a lawyer on this one.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cole DeSteele
Just a friendly observation:

If your boy is really a baller, why jeopardize his future over pride? If it would shut up the old school, let the bastards in so this can be put to bed for the good of the kid. Let him get back to the field where he belongs.

Sounds like your new coach doesn't have much stroke or this would never have happened. Whatever happened that caused you to jump districts must have been nasty, but I'm sure you did it for the good of your son. Don't half-a&% it, man, follow thru. Protecting your kids' futures is your most important task as a parent. Everything else, and I mean everything, is secondary.

When he's playing D1 football and pro scouts are all over him, this will be but a small bump in the road.

I highly, and I mean highly disagree. I doubt the OP's issue has anything to do with pride. It's more about principle. Will I allow these Nazis into my home to illegally rummage through my personal belongings in order to verify my son's residence at his own house? That's the question here.

And the thing about pro football is so unlikely that it is not worth the risk of teaching that son stupidity, ignorance and civil degradation. What this father is teaching his son in this situation is much more important than an extremely unlikely once-in-a-lifetime chance like pro football. That lesson will take his son a lot further in life than giving in to unlawful intrusion by these morons, just so his son will have that 1/1000000 chance at NFL.

[edit on 8/18/2010 by OrphenFire]

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by oniongrass

Thank you for answering my questions Oniongrass.

On rare occassions here Family and Children's Services will be notified by a school of an issue with students, leading to a visit with the family at home. That's the extent of the school's power here.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Has the school your son attended last; meet the AYP under the “No Child Left behind Law”?

Find out if they have or have not. If not your son can attend any school he wants , you don’t even have to live in the district.

Note: That the school your son last attended is in violation of the "No Child Left Behind Act". They are inferring with the education of your son. Trying to prove your son does not live there, should not be the case. The school has clearly violated the law by not letting him attend school. It does not make a difference where he attends school in or out of the district.

From the Act: \ Law
School choice: Gives options to students enrolled in schools failing to meet AYP. If a school fails to meet AYP targets two or more years running, the school must offer eligible children the chance to transfer to higher-performing local schools, receive free tutoring, or attend after-school programs.
Gives school districts the opportunity to demonstrate proficiency, even for subgroups that do not meet State Minimum Achievement standards, through a process called "safe harbor," a precursor to growth-based or value-added assessments. This is only part of it under AYP.

The parents have a big say in this matter as to school of choice. It does'nt even have to falll under the AYP guide. AYP is only part of the No child left behind act. So being in or out of the district should not be an issue. lots of parents use the " No Child Left Behind act to get their kid into asnother school. You are in the district so no problem. But they still violated the this eduction law.

You really need to get a lawyer ASAP. I will not give any further advice. Just tell the lawyer to look up the no child left behind act. The harassment and knocking on the door is another issue altogether, but will help your case in civil suit.

Is short your child has been denied education. This is a violation of the No Child Left Behind Act; no matter what the circumstances.

Note:do not talk to the school, until you see a lawyer.

[edit on 19-8-2010 by SJE98]

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Jean Paul Zodeaux

Since money is not involved the contract can be thrown out and is basically worthless

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 01:35 AM
link   
I had to doulbe check your post with my wife.

My wife just read your post. she also said get a lawyer. lets just say my wife knows about the legal stuff , law and eduction pertaing to the law.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Do not ever either pull a firearm or weapon on any school board employee as that will guarantee that what they seek they will get. Do not ever do this as it will create an even further greater mess that you clearly do not want or need, now or ever. Thus adding to the kid's torture. He needs stability and not crud.

Once a weapon is drawn that involves law enforcement and during that process anything you do that can and will be taken as, "hostile" will most definately work against you.

The responding cop can file a report and after an independant investigation by your local PD they will and are the sole and exclusive body who can remove your kid from you without your consent will determine if either you are a threat (worst case) or that the school's claim is baseless and holds no true water (best case) only then can the investigating LEO then go to the school board and present thier findings. A local PD's letterhead on a note refrencing you in a positive manner holds massive weight and can on it's own merit and nothing else get the board to toss your school's claim out.

If DYFS and agencies like that if accompanied by a LEO comes to your home they must be allowed in no questions as their original intention and design forbids them to be cuddly with the school board and orders each to be totally impartial.

[edit on 19-8-2010 by TheImmaculateD1]

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 02:22 AM
link   
You have the right to be secure from unlawful searches of your property without a warrant.

The school on the other hand has the right to deny your child admission if they feel you are illegally using a piece of property, where the child does not reside full time, to get them into a better school district.

So the real question is…
How important is it that your child continues on at his current school?

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 02:40 AM
link   
reply to post by TheImmaculateD1

You actually gave the guy a sincere answer, unlike the idiots who were telling them to wave a gun at the school district. You must have a good heart, and the others just hoping to hear that OP ended up losing custody of their child or something like that.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by oniongrass

You actually gave the guy a sincere answer, unlike the idiots who were telling them to wave a gun at the school district. You must have a good heart, and the others just hoping to hear that OP ended up losing custody of their child or something like that.

In general I label myself as a blackheart as I am wired to show little emotion even when being driven to certain points which allows me to be completely independant and able to make a quick and informed decision based solely and exclusively in reality, common sense and logic. The intent and purpose of me being a blackheart allows me to not get violent or threatening as all that does is create noise and wind up getting nothing constructive accomplished.

I speak truth regardless how vile, disgusting, deplorable it may seem. In cases like this one before us now requires at least one to remain clear and levelheaded as dude came here seeking advice and should not be attacked or made to feel either, uncomfortable and unwelcomed unless the intent if nefarious or draconian in origin for which dude here is nowhere near that category. Some truth may be taken positively, some not to positively. All depends on the individual person. Dude also does not deserve to be attacked in any way, shape, sense or manner just for seeking help. Albiet not the particular avenue I personally would've chosen but he chose us and it's now in our lap and we gotta deal with it. I look at it as fate has apparently brought us together as unfortunately fate knows and keeps no set time schedule.

Those that are quick to get either mad or defensive very quickly usually has something to hide. Unfortunately the same group will be quick to claim a lie as truth and be the first in 9.5 out of 10 times winding up grabbing a gun instead of thinking about it logically. That's the element that keeps me up at night and worried for the rest of the populous as unfortunately the reality is that we must cohabitate with the idiots and make a good faithed attempt at showing these people the error of thier ways.

Thank you very much for the kind words and it is because of people like you in particular tells me our nation is not to be given up on (amend to our planet if from outside The USA).

Star given.

[edit on 19-8-2010 by TheImmaculateD1]

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 05:08 AM
link   
reply to post by lostviking

If they are doing that to you. You should ask them for a court order. If they have none the tell them to leave your property. They have no right to be on your property without any court order.

Second it's illegal for them to refuse your kid to go to school. The only reason they can do this is if your kids have some disease that is contagious like lice etc. If that isn't the issue and your kid didn't give any threats are school or anything in that sort. Then by law they must allow your kid. You can sue them. By law you have a right to an education.

Like the others said which I agree with them if this has been going on for a while where you asked them to leave and yet every other day they come back and keep bugging you. Then you can sue them for harassment. Yet you still need to record and get proof on the date and time this occurred.

I feel sorry for you. I don't really know what that school is up too. It seems the privacy act got thrown down the drain in this country.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 05:13 AM
link   

AGREE!

----

On a separate note, here in Australia, I have never heard of any school investigating the home of a student.

The only logical explanations I can think of for a school wanting to check up on the "home" situation are:

1. The child has noticeable injuries such as bruising, cuts, etc that cant simply be explained/evidenced by school fights or sports injuries.

2. The child is showing up to school with an unacceptable level of personal hygiene that suggests neglect on behalf of the parent/s or caregiver (dirty clothing for example)

3. Rumors of abuse (whether it be direct physical or emotional abuse or a more passive form such as a parent or live-in family member / family friend with a drug addiction)

4. The child consistently not attending classes

5. The child having a drug problem himself

6. The child causing problems at school (bullying others, disrespecting authority, etc).

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 06:31 AM
link   
reply to post by formernewager

Truth and light ?

Are you a paladin or something ?

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 08:09 AM
link   
ok

Do you do the census Survey >? Each Year ?

go tell them to look it up with the census bureau

have them make a copy of their so called policy for you to have

as for names & proof at the door

tell them you will take legal action as in County State Lawyer Senator Congressman and you last hope is The Press , News Network

Document & Note everything !!!

but if you refuse they could call Child Protective Services and that is the Biggest Fear ! & Threat they can do to you ! one for Refusing or Finding Something and also it depends your Child's Age!! for finding something Simple like something Illegal in your Child's Hidden Possession Either way the WILL find Away.. Be careful.. Anyone Can Report you to the CPS
and the Schools will do it and if they can not grasp something they will try again and you may end up in Family Court... I Apologize being blunt
but i have seen this Many time to People and Heard it from One of my Best Friends Brother as he is The Guy that Takes The Children Away a CPS Caseworker ..

For Example
I know a Person that had his child taken Away because his Gun Safe was not secure..!! but his AMMO was Locked in a Different Location !!

it Happens were I am from All the Time

Where I am from its a Leave It to Beaver World!!

im not sure what State you live in

but for New York State where i Live
here is a Online Guide you may want to read it

Here is a link to a Graph Chart of How it works you may want to look at it

A Guide to
New York's
Child Protective Services System

2001 Revised Edition
assembly.state.ny.us...

Those Professionals Required to Report2

* Physicians * Surgeons * Medical Examiners * Coroners * Dentists * Dental Hygienists * Osteopaths * Optometrists * Chiropractors * Podiatrists * Residents * Interns * Psychologists * Registered Nurses * Hospital Personnel Engaged in the Admission, Examination, Care, or Treatment of Persons * Christian Science Practitioners * School Officials * Social Services Workers * Day Care Center Workers * Providers of Family or Group Family Day Care * Employees in Residential Care Facilities * Volunteers in Residential Care Facilities * Any Other Child Care Worker * Foster Care Workers * Mental Health Professionals * Peace Officers, Police Officers or Other Law Enforcement Officials * District Attorneys, Assistant District Attorneys or Investigators Employed in the Office of a District Attorney * Substance Abuse Counselors * Alcoholism Counselors * Physician Assistants

it a Brave New World For Sure ...

[edit on 19-8-2010 by Wolfenz]

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 08:11 AM
link   
It is a scary world we are now living in isn't it.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unst0ppable0ne
You know what my parents would have done?

Greeted them with a smile. Let them in. Gave them a tour of the house. Offered them something to drink. Talked to them politley. Then had them go on their way.

Why?

Because they aren't douche bags.

They have nothing to hide.

They would know it's just an insignificant school official.

And they would know that having their child go to school is way more important then 5 minutes without privacy.

and they understand that sometimes in life you have to sacrifice 5 minutes of privacy. Get over it.

I bet if you had a plumber come fix your bathroom toilet, you would scream about privacy and not let him in.....
And if you would let him in, then I guess your toilet is more important than your childs education.

People these days.....

It never ceases to amaze me how many people will bend over for the government. It's not a matter of how much trouble it is to let government agents in to your house, its a matter of every time we bend over it becomes our natural position, bent over waiting for the government to do something for our own good. Like invade our privacy!

The real problem is some people like being bent over, they have come to enjoy the governments proctological exams. Good for you, but don't try to tell us that we are "douche bags" because you and your have come to enjoy it.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockstar02
reply to post by mattifikation

Remove sports from schools? Say thats a pretty good idea, until you actually sit and think about it.

How many children have gotten opportunities they otherwise wouldn't have because of extra curricular activities? College scholarships, professional contracts, etc.

How many kids have been kept away from gangs and violence because they're involved with a sports team?

How many kids have been kept off drugs due to schools drug testing their athletes?

I'm very sorry that you feel the way you do, because it's a sad state of mind. Sports and other activities provide physical fitness, opportunities and a release for some kids who cannot find it elsewhere.

Maybe one or two percent can claim that prize, for most the money and effort are wasted.
And its not the business of schools to teach morality, religion or SPORTS!
Here in New Mexico there is a high school in a small mountain town that spends more on football than anything else. Most football players when they graduate become sawyers (tree cutters). Almost no one goes to college, but Cloudcroft has school pride in their foot ball players..... but most can't do simple math or read very well. But Friday night games are a lot of fun.
The school has nothing but dumb kids and football.

We as adults need to stop trying to live our lives through the lives of our children.
What a child does in the way of sports can best be handled out side of the school, but if it was done that way then the SPORTS FANS could not get the school district to pay for it even though the average football team has 25 players in a school of 2000.

Find another thing to comment on, if you have not noticed the school systems are a failed enterprise. Have you met a high school age kid who is competent to fill out a job app, work in a warehouse, read a book etc. Yes there are the exceptions but for the most part most are very under educated, and the money that was spent on football and other non educational activities is nothing more than distractions so people don't notice that the school system is turning out dummies

Dan

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Starbug3MY

INDEED.

THE GLOBALIST Powers That Be

are intent on DESTROYING ANY AND ALL PRIVATE PROPERTY RIGHTS AS WELL AS ALL RIGHTS TO RAISE CHILDREN AS PARENTS WISH.

There are some good quotes collections of such leaders. Was going to post a link . . . and decided wisdom would be not to.

One can google it.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by defcon5
You have the right to be secure from unlawful searches of your property without a warrant.

The school on the other hand has the right to deny your child admission if they feel you are illegally using a piece of property, where the child does not reside full time, to get them into a better school district.

Wow.

Out of all the alarmist responses regarding getting shotguns, Nazis, and the NWO this is one of the most rational pieces of advice in this thread!!

Of course it gets buried and ignored.

You are absolutely correct, the school does have a right to verify the residency of a student in order for them to attend their school, as a lot of people try and beat the system and defraud schools by claiming children live in the district when in fact they do not. It's like those doing the same thing with car insurance.

This is so that the children can go to a better school of course, but it can lock out other students who actually DO live in the school district but due to overcrowding have to attend elsewhere and cheats tax-wise on the families of students who do live in the area.

It isn't a personal attack on the OP, especially if someone reported the possibility of a residency falsehood.

So the real question is…
How important is it that your child continues on at his current school?

Indeed.

Originally posted by lostviking

I REFUSE to allow anyone into my home that I am uncomfortable with.

Maybe you should invite the investigator out for coffee then.
These people are just rightfully doing their job.

If you are not hiding anything and your children live there, then you have to either swallow your pride, get past your uncomfortably fears that are likely unfounded (they aren't going to rob you once you let them in), and let them simply take a look inside to verify this, or your child is simply not going to be a student at that particular school anymore. It's all up to you and you alone.

They are checking into these things lately and it IS legal.

SFUSD kicks out 80 kids due to address fraud

SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- A crackdown is coming targeting parents who lie to get their kids into desirable schools. It's called address fraud and educators in San Francisco are going after parents who do it. There are dozens of families who live in other cities, as far away as Oakland and Daly City, claiming to be San Franciscans.

Some of the parents who got caught cried, told sob stories, and even offered money, but officials are standing strong and will kick all 80 kids out of San Francisco schools. ABCnews

- Lee

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join