It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

School District Demanding to Enter My Home!!!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   
The fact that your dwelling (house or apartment) resides in THEIR school district which equates to that home-owner paying taxes for THAT school, what's it to them?

Hell, even after your children are grown up and long gone, home-owners are STILL pay school taxes.

Are you a part time parent? But even if you are (now that I think of it) who cares?

Wow.....let me read all the replies because I have a ton of questions. This is bull.

If this weren't as serious, I'd fill the fridge with nothing but alcoholic beverages, blast the music, spread puppy poop throughout the entire house, be completely naked then......welcome them in!

Wow. I am so glad I grew up in the 70's!

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by mattifikation

Remove sports from schools? Say thats a pretty good idea, until you actually sit and think about it.

How many children have gotten opportunities they otherwise wouldn't have because of extra curricular activities? College scholarships, professional contracts, etc.

How many kids have been kept away from gangs and violence because they're involved with a sports team?

How many kids have been kept off drugs due to schools drug testing their athletes?

I'm very sorry that you feel the way you do, because it's a sad state of mind. Sports and other activities provide physical fitness, opportunities and a release for some kids who cannot find it elsewhere.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Jean Paul Zodeaux

While that may be true with most contracts, if a contract forces a citizen to give up Constitutional rights, then that contract is illegal. Not only that, but an attorney could easily argue that the parent, in looking out for the best interests of their child (and legal responsibility to provide an education), was forced to sign the contract out of duress which also makes the contract unenforceable.

There is another danger here as well. If there are political reasons why the school district is insisting on entering the home, then the school district has a motive to find ANY "unsatisfactory" condition as grounds to call Child Protective Services and have the parent lose custody.

The OP needs to call the ACLU, and fast. Once the CPS has your child, you are in for an uphill battle.

[edit on 18-8-2010 by harrytuttle]

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I'm curious as to what state you might live in,and what exactly brought all this on. Sounds like you live in a little pimple A** town like me,
. I have been a mayor,council member,into politics for many years now,and my advice to you is to contact a lawyer A.S.A.P. Also,you could contact a state rep by email,and the board of education and get things fired up a bit. You will find,when you start taking action,authority figures like these will back off quickly when they realize you are not a push over. Good luck to you.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by lostviking

You have a right to sue them and the money from such an epic case would pay for college. Do it.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   
How about you actually be fair to your kids. Cooperate with the school district and all will be fine.

It's disgusting what parents do to their kids these days. What you're doing is abusive to them, nothing more.

Good luck.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by SeventhSeal

The hell it is. The school is basically using children and saying :respect mah athoritah"

Get out of town with that crap. School districts manage education. The hell do they have a right to investigate children?

More government trying to be a parent. Ever since politicians used the words "our children" it's been a long path downhill. It is not "our" children. It is MY child, your job. Anything else and you can leave your BS big brother policy at the street corner.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by dbloch7986
All you people about tyranny and rights and all that do realize that public schooling is a public service.

I understand in most minds it is construed to be a service... but there are similarly others who believe it is not a service at all (or a service not in the interest of the public at least ;-).

Reducing the publik skewling to be summed as a "public service", I believe, is misguided. We're talking about the forced plunder of each and every home owner within the district, with the force of violence, death or imprisonment. So... its a little *more* than just a publik service.

They're just trying to make sure you're not abusing the system.

Excellent point. They're ensuring the system's integrity. This is the same line of thinking that the SS visited homes, that old people are made wards of the state, etc. They're ensuring that the system of enslaving every man to his neighbor is continuing within the policies and guidelines of the system.

Abuse of the system is rampant in systems of where neighbors are enslaved to one another. Easily evidenced in the Soviet Union, the neighbors of Anne Frank, community hospitals, and likely mandatory physical exercise under ObamaCare. I don't raise these example to drag us off track, rather- to highlight how this line of thinking "just trying to make sure you're not abusing the system" will take you.

They did not violate your rights. They asked to come in, you said no, they left.

You're exactly right. The poster is having an ideological dilemma between retaining individual liberty, and the benefits of enslaving neighbors for the child's sake. Quite a quandary!

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyR

Well taxes pay for all public services not only schools. And the school is doing due diligence on behalf of all the parents in the district. They are just asking to see if the kid lives there. They aren't searching for illegal activities. They aren't going to look through your phone, computer or sex toys to see what perversions you have. They're not checking for meth labs or weed farms. They just wanna see if the kid lives there. I know a lot of people here in the Greater Los Angeles area that cheat the system to get they're kids into certain schools. You can actually equate cheating the system like that to illegal immigration though on a much smaller scale.

If the OP is cheating the system or conducting illegal activities then his vague, one-sided story would make sense.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by SeventhSeal

No. I went to school without any school rep getting their greasy fingers all over my belongings. The school is just being goddamn nosey, and I don't even think it's legal. There are many ways to prove if someone lives at that residence WITHOUT going through the damn refrigerator.

Sorry you are going through this OP. You are doing the right thing by not letting them. When every limp wristed American starts letting people invade their privacy for no real reason, well then I would say that we have lost.

Can't you get the press involved? Is this kind of thing normal from where you live?

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   
In some Counties/States here in the US, they actually raffle school openings because some of the outer schools are so rough/bad. Some parents DO cheat the system and lie to get their child into another district. THIS is the reason the OP is being visited...something must have red-flagged the school system that all was not right with whether the child actually lives in the same district. After the OP not showing back up in their own thread, I think something is fishy also? Either way, if you have nothing to hide, let them just verify your child ACTUALLY lives with you...By the looks of some of these posts, paranoia is rampant these days

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by JustJoe

How do you expect the public school system to determine who is taking advantage of it without doing stuff like this?

Simple- close it down.

The only ones who are taking advantage of the public skewl system are people with children in the skewls, and the educator, cooks, janitors and administrators of said skewls.

They are taking advantage of those who have no kids in publik-trough skewls (old ppl, couples w/o kids, single working stiffs, etc).

Hiring brutes with guns, armored cars, lawyers, black robes, and stasi-like door knocking clerks is exactly what is required to maintain this abusive system. The only alternative to growing the police state to require further compulsory financing or forced labor is simple: close it down.

I agree with you one hundred percent. This is not an issue of indvidual rights, but an issue of rights for all.

I disagree. While the United Nations and many collectivist minds believe education is a "right for all" I differ solely upon the issue of forced plunder by the feudal lord (Mayor, skewl district, hospital, earned income tax credit, etc) for the redistribution to whomever has popular opinion to receive it.

Further, rights always hinge upon an illusory element: responsibility. If I have the right to breath air, then I'd better use my diaphragm to move it. If you're implying such, then I can think of education as a right for all. If you mean that one has a right to take the resources from a family's table for their own benefit... then I call that theft, not a right...

The same people that flail against illegal immigrants using the school system are probably the same that are on here screaming about privacy.

I fully agree! The same people who don't want looters frothing at the public trough in gleeful gluttony, are totally unable to see that they themselves have affixed their own interests on the backs of other free souls.

If there was no collectivist redistribution then there would be no concern about illegals... but some are furious that they are enslaved to someone who in turn is not enslaved to them.

[edit on 18-8-2010 by sakokrap]

Mod Edit: Fixed broken quote tag.

[edit on 8/18/2010 by maria_stardust]

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Let's get one thing straight here...

The school is not demanding entry into her home "no matter what". She could easily say "no" and the school would probably walk away. However, her son won't be allowed to play football.

It's all about football.

[edit on 8/18/2010 by Soylent Green Is People]

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by lostviking

It sounds like your son might be in a charter school that has limited availability and limits enrollment to those in district. If the school is good, a lot of folks look to game those systems, using PO boxes, friends addresses, etc.

That being said, there must be a written policy which stipulates what they can and can not do to ascertain residency. If they do, those items they are permitted to check would need to be articulated clearly and you may have to let them in. My kids go to one of those schools and you need to provide proof of residency, as did you. They are very clear that if they find out you are lying they will kick you out and may pursue a fraud claim against you. They do, however assume that everyone is operating in good faith. They would never seek to enter your home

Frankly, I would let them in if it meant getting my kid into a good school. I would also have a few people there to video tape the entire business and would also contact the local media

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by sakokrap

No one banged down anyone's door. No rights have been violated. People seem to think that public schooling is an entitlement. Its not. You can easily be forced out of a public school and have to go to private or homeschooling.

If you want the bigger picture, parents have come to use public schooling as a babysitting service, or a secondary parent if you will. Parents expect the schools to teach their kids what they don't have time to.

The school system has evolved accordingly. The school system we have today is the result of lawsuits and parent input. The individual schools are one of the last places individuals can still make a difference without lots of money or power.

"School districts" are not large unwieldy agencies like Homeland Security. They tend to be broken down very well and the individual schools have a lot of independence in what they do, as well as the teachers.

Don't equate school administration with law enforcement or CPS. They are not the same.

The security we have in schools is the result of parental failure. They dont watch out for their kids, the kid goes crazy and shoots the school up and now schools all over are parenoid about protecting teachers and kids from things like that.

So don't be so quick to say the school is tyrannical and coming to get you and its all the government's fault. Its that way because of the way it has been forced to evolve by the change in its role in society.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Have you committed a crime or given them reason to believe that your kids are not healthy or being abused? If this was the case, this should be referred to social services with a search warrant.

The school district has no such authority - I would get a lawyer to refer them to social services if they have ANY reason to be concerned about the well being of your kids, and they'd damn well better provide just cause.

No just cause for concern - sue the PANTS off the school district for unnecessary harrassment, and attempted illegal entry and search of property.

If they're doing this to other parents too, setup a class action lawsuit.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I have had to let the school rep in too verify my son lives in the house as well. Not for football, but for him to attend school.

People are always using false documents to get their kids into the few good schools in New Orleans, so when we moved and told them the new address ( this was in the middle of the school year) they said they needed to come out to our house ASP to verify we lived their. I was told if we lived out of the district he would be kicked out of school that day.

It's one thing to stand up to the machine and demand justice, it's another thing to # your kid out of a great opertunity. I suggest you suck it up and let them in. Just make sure you document and film/record the entire event.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Blah blah blah. This could easily be settled if the OP cooperates but no...gotta love the drama.

Stop putting your child through this nonsense.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by babybunnies
...No just cause for concern - sue the PANTS off the school district for unnecessary harrassment, and attempted illegal entry and search of property...

But, again, I wonder if it is actually attempted illegal entry.

From what I gather from the OP, the school wants in to verify that the boy is eligible to play football. If the boy does not ask to play football, then they won't ask to verify his residency.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by dbloch7986
reply to post by sakokrap

No rights have been violated. People seem to think that public schooling is an entitlement. Its not. You can easily be forced out of a public school and have to go to private or homeschooling.

Actually, public schooling IS a right up to age 18. Even children of illegal immigrants have the right to go to school which is one of the big problems with illegal immigration. In many states it's not only a RIGHT, it's a LEGAL REQUIREMENT to be in school at least to a certain age.

The public school system has NO RIGHT to enter your home unless invited in, nor do they have ANY right of search. If they suspect that a child is being abused in a home, they should refer the case to social services or the police, and let them deal with the matter. Teachers and school administration persnnel have no authority to enter a private home under any circumstances, unless invited in by the owner.

If they are wrong in that they suspect a child is being abused, then the parents should sue the school district for defamation of character.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join