It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

School District Demanding to Enter My Home!!!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   
So you would rather go through all this trouble, and deny your kid his football practice, etc., because you are too paranoid to let a school find visual evidence that your child lives there??

Seriously, I think people like you have a weird mental issue.

Look, I understand that letting people into your house for visual proof of something is awkward, but come on... a school??... really??

Did you give your home insurance agent this much trouble too when they appraised your home by doing an inspection to see your valuables?

Just grow up and let them in.

If you don't want the police in, fine, don't let them in. If you don't want any federal agent in, fine, don't let them in. You can deny access to your house all you want... but a damn school official??? Have some common sense! What could they possibly do besides look around?

The way you are acting is highly suspicious. Are you hiding something?

I wouldn't doubt it is too late now.. Now the school probably thinks you are preparing the house to create the illusion that the child lives there.

All this nonesense over what? Your paranoia about your rights? Your paranoia about your freedom? People like you need to lighten up, not everyone cares about your and your house and your stuff! You are creating drama over NOTHING!

Schools are getting serious about zoning because they don't want over crowded class rooms, and they don't want to force children who do live in the area to go somewhere else. If they have to go as far as to prove the child phyiscally lives in a residents so people don't cheat the system, I'm all for it.

This topic belongs in BTS. It's just paranoid person causing unneeded drama. All this posters problems would be solved if they grew a pair.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I did some research for you, without knowing the district your in it's hard to say for sure what the requirements are. Typically if you have other children registered in the district nothing additional is required. If not then the custodial parents residence must be established.

If you are a homeowner your mortgage statement, govt ID, and 3 bills with your name and address on them, preferably utility bills.

If you are a renter a copy of the lease as well as 3 bills with your name on it, along with the govt ID.

In both cases the child's transcripts, birth cert and immunazation records are required.

I am not aware of any school district that does home inspections unless a specific allegation of fraud is involved. Especially when the custodial parent's residency isn't in question.

I would definitely seek legal counsel. What they are doing is outside the law and not allowing your child to attend school is a crime unto itself.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by mattifikation

Matt, this isn't just the Internet
It's ATS.

To the OP:

Lost, I feel for ya, if as others have also alluded to, this is the whole story. My son is about to enter the 3rd grade and our school district is a bit strange too. I feel real uneasy come September these days.

Last year at the last Parent/Teacher conference, We were joined by the principal so that he could suggest us taking our son to the doctors to get "medication" because he was occasionally starring out the window at the spring time weather.

He's 8 years old!! Of course a nice day outside is more interesting than school

Needless to say we didn't make it to the doctors. And my son's end of year report card grade average was above 3.0.

So to my point, don't let this slide like some posters are suggesting, fight it, lawyer up, whatever, just don't fold like the school district wants you to.

Go see an attorney before you lose your temper, or say something out of emotion that gives the School Dist. any ammo against you, and it's too late.

Good Luck Man

JohnnyR

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   
This is a non-event. Some school 'officials' want to verify your kids' residence.
No big deal. It's done all the time. A teacher friend of mine in an inner-city school said they have full-time people who visit homes to reconnoitre, as it were, and verify the child(ren) have a 'safe' and 'stable' environment.
They typically come unannounced, which is a bit scary, but that's how they find out if The Kids Are Alright. They don't 'bust' people for having a messy house or junk food. They are looking for serious stuff that may endanger the kids.

I'm not necessarily convinced that it's TPTB 'grooming' us to become subservient.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by lostviking

One word HOME SCHOOL. It will really raise a red flag with them.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   
You know what my parents would have done?

Greeted them with a smile. Let them in. Gave them a tour of the house. Offered them something to drink. Talked to them politley. Then had them go on their way.

Why?

Because they aren't douche bags.

They have nothing to hide.

They would know it's just an insignificant school official.

And they would know that having their child go to school is way more important then 5 minutes without privacy.

and they understand that sometimes in life you have to sacrifice 5 minutes of privacy. Get over it.

I bet if you had a plumber come fix your bathroom toilet, you would scream about privacy and not let him in.....
And if you would let him in, then I guess your toilet is more important than your childs education.

People these days.....

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   
file some frivolous lawsuits no big deal the school children won't suffer.. they had good text books and computers in the mid eighties, i don't see a problem with kids having to use them.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   

What's the problem here?

I see nothing wrong with a school making sure that your kids are a resident of the county.

The best thing for you to do would be to suck it up and let them in., say to them. my children are living here with me in this house. show them their rooms. and thats it. tell them if they start looking in cupboards freezer etc, you will throw them off your property, and if they really take the piss you will file a lawsuit(you americans can sue for pretty much anything if you get a good laywer)

the only reason for not letting them in, would be if you actually were hiding something or are ashamed of your home.

[edit on 18-8-2010 by MR BOB]

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Neopan100
We are required to have teachers visit our home too. My next door neighbor had her home visit yesterday morning. My daughter doesn't start school for 2 more weeks so we will be getting a home visit in early september. I find it very strange but probably won't put up a fuss. I don't know why they require this?

I just don't get this situation. I don't live there, so forgive me if I'm missing a crucial part of it all...

I thought it was worse for a child to be truant. But now they're after you if they DO go to school?

Man.... why does the world seem to be getting more and more topsy turvey each time I read things.

Common sense is gone. Bureaucracy is now the law of the land...

[edit on 18/8/2010 by badw0lf]

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by mryanbrown

Ask them to "wait one moment" and call the police.

I'd go one further. I'd turn up at the teachers homes and ask to see a legal verification that these people are not molesters.

If it's fair for them to intrude for some reason or another asking the whereabouts of your children, surely it is the right of a parent to do likewise, for the safety of their children.

Man...

I really think I'm missing a crucial point, but so far I don't see it.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Unst0ppable0ne

A star for you. Your parents deserve one too.
It's nice to see rational people still exist.
Common sense is a rare commodity these days.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by badw0lf

yeah you could do that but the answers you get from your kids teachers might frighten you. i personally remember a lot of dirty old teachers constantly staring at the girls.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Ok what happened to the OP? 4 pages and not a single answer give. We might have been duped with a shady story.

MOTF!

[edit on 18-8-2010 by MessOnTheFED!]

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   
It is your duty to take them before a judge.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by 2weird2live2rare2die
reply to post by badw0lf

yeah you could do that but the answers you get from your kids teachers might frighten you. i personally remember a lot of dirty old teachers constantly staring at the girls.

This is a scary yet pertinent point!

Even worse, I remember dirty old teachers constantly eying off the young lads... I know, I was there at the time...

It's all ok in that case however, he went on to be some crazy religious twat and has little to do with schools now... But the female one got fat and ugly in later life.. Damn it.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   
This is odd.. to say the least. I can see them watching your house and things like that, but to be doing this. This is absurd. I would be in the same boat as you, they have no right to just barge in your house when they feel the need to. I could maybe see it a little better say if, a kid is going to school who looks, hungry, abused, dirty, something along those lines but not this.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by ColeYounger

So what if they want to unlawfully search your premise and deny your rights until you consent. It's not like they're out to get you. Just your information and money.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   
For people saying this happens all the time, no it doesn't. I graduated in 1999 and they never ever showed up at my house.

HERE IS WHY this is happening.

Your kid is a good football player , and transferred.

See football in highschool is a cutthroat down and dirty affair.

Where I grew up at, Odessa Texas, Football is GOD there. Football is LIFE.

I went to Permian High(Friday Night Lights anyone?) and when big time players transferred, the other school would do ANYTHING to try to derail it and get the player back. Or stop Permian from having the player.

And yes, they WOULD go to their house and do ANYTHING to prove they didn't live there to force them back into the district of THEIR CHOICE.

This is called FOOTBALL POLITICS.

Either your son quits the team, or they will remove him any way they possibly can. Not joking.

If he wants to play the game, you have to give in to their demands. Bottom line.

If he wants to quit the team, you will not have to prove anything anymore.

Their goal is to prove he doesn't live there, and get him off the team in the first place.

But this is not normal and doesn't happen to everyone. It happens to Football players because highschool football IS LIFE to these LOSERS.

Anyways, you have two choices.

Keep your freedom and your son has to quit ball.
Or let them in, and then he can play ball.

I don't know what you are hiding though. You may actually be trying to cheat the system to get your kid in the "school you want". So basically if you are cheating than there is no way you can win.

They will find out where he really lives. They are cutthroats and desperate to win the football games ANY WAY POSSIBLE. Again, thats why I call them losers.

[edit on 18-8-2010 by muzzleflash]

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Seems to me very odd indeed- You adamantly refuse to allow them into your home, but seem to welcome the opportunity for them to visit your son's brain?

Maybe you could think of it a little differently. Instead of using your front door as the symbol of personal respect, appreciation of private property, and a well meaning stance against tyranny- how about you think of your son's young mind as that symbol?

By the school district entering your home to verify if the kids indeed live there, you'd be succumbing to the illusory "authority" they have. You'd recognize the valuable asset they're using as a carrot to get you to succumb (skewl education).

Unfortunately (imho), you've already allowed them into your child's mind. They've sowed seeds there regarding their authority, their credibility, and the "value" of what they've got to put into your child's mind.

If I may, I suggest you do not confirm or deny that you have children living there. That you by taking personal responsibility in their education you will enjoy much greater rewards than handing them to a school district such as this. Further, I would talk up alternative education with other parents and help them to remove the children from state-skewls.

Imagine what would happen when skewl attendance dropped by 30%! Would taxes also drop? Would better educational alternatives be innovated? Hmmm... Certainly, the state would have MUCH LESS INFLUENCE in the minds of youngsters (and that is a GOOD thing in my book).

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by badw0lf

yeah that is the sad truth about any occupation where you work with kids.. at least one pervert is probably going to work there. it's sick and it is sad.. but let me assure everyone here there are many people who would protect your kids if they saw anything happen to them whether they know them or not. i am a firm believer that ALL children should be protected at all costs.. if someone hurt a kid in my family they would not live to hurt another one. i hope most others feel the same way. if every child molester got brutally murdered i bet it would happen a lot less.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join