It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

School District Demanding to Enter My Home!!!

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by caucazoid69

You're riled up, but apparently about something I'm not saying. No warrant, no entry -- that's fine.

Then when and if the kid shows up for school, he will be refused. Can't go to school here, according to our evidence you don't live in the district, goodbye.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Two days and 11 pages later with no further comment from the OP, I'd say it's about time you all realize you've been had.

[edit on 20-8-2010 by Jenna]

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Jenna

How have we been had? so he provoked a lot of discussion on a topic that many people are passionate about. I have read numerous other posts in this thread from people who have had or know someone who has had something very similar in nature happen to them..

Option #1 - perhaps the OP has a life and doesn't live in front of his computer.

Option #2- Our superior minds put together just wasn't enough for a person looking for "real" solutions..

What do you have to offer?

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by caucazoid69

If the OP was as enraged as they appeared and had as pressing a need for advice as they said, they would have been back by now. That they haven't speaks volumes about how little the incident actually enraged them and/or how little truth the OP contains.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by iamsupermanv2

Maybe I'm just too old and crotchity
! Unless they're wearing blue and have a warrant, they can go to hell.

maybe I've just dealt with too dang many beaurocraps.

I agree with you to a point. Both sides are raising way too much of a stink over damn after school activities.

I was approached by football coachs my junior and senior years. I told them no thanks. I'll just keep weight lifting with my friends in phys ed thanks. I had too many older friends with bad knees and such and their footballing got them nowhere in life.

Everything is just too damn complicated over trivial stuff. Man I miss the way it was in the 70's and 80's. Much simpler.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 08:45 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Yes, this is not the correct thread. MODS delete please.

[edit on 8-9-2010 by Speedforhire]

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 09:00 AM
link   
I know I just skimmed 11 pages of this to find an "Update" from the OP.

I am saddened that one does not exist. Now, I'm going to go reread the OP to see if I can sense some BS.

High School Football in the USA is a very serious thing. The claim doesn't seem outlandish to me whatsoever.

I really want to know what has happened. Damnit OP

I'd go to the media if I was the OP, but that's me.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by lostviking
Anyone know what my rights are???/ This all happened because I took one school's star football player to another district due to a move. Thank you for any advice. I am lit!
[edit on 17-8-2010 by lostviking]

Forget what your rights are or are not. Call the media. Call every fricken media outlet you can. Call FoxNews, call MSNBC, etc. You'll see just how fast this whole thing will go away as soon as over-zealous administrators (any government agency, but especially local ones) get the spot-light turned-on them by the media.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by lostviking

The school district has every right to verify that a student lives within its boundaries. If your son is in fact a superstar you could possibly be jeopardizing his ability to be noticed by a college team. Do you have any idea how many students typically register at a school they are not supposed to attend? About 3% on average. I don't know what your school's spending per pupil is, or its population, but let's say the per pupil spending was $15,000, lets also assume that 3% of the students didn't belong there. That is 45 students. That totals $675,000 of taxpayer money that is going towards children that don't reside in the district.

School districts are getting tough on residency because of this. I don't know what state you live in, but I would check that out as well. If you have lied and registered your son in a school where he doesn't belong, you are responsible for the tuition, (the per pupil spending) as well as a fine and possibly jail time.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   
to be honest. football is nothing to make a career over.

your rights however are more important than the attempt of a career at football.

there is a 0.24% chance they will be recruited.

personally i refuse to let my children go to public or private school.

homeschool all the way.

my wife is the one for english lol.

someone before me made the comment about getting the media involved.

that is your best bet. let the media know your rights are being trampled.

they will fight for you and everyone else.

personally my house is fenced and locked. no one allowed on to my property unless authorized.

a fence is your first line of defense.

second is to record every conversation you have with the. make sure you let them know you are recording the conversation.

be careful they may not even be from the school. they may just want your ssn and your sons ssn and info.

everyone need to read a book.

it called "The Art of Deception" by Kevin Mitnick.

i tell you this as it has saved my life more than once.

learn to play the game and you will learn to win the game!

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by lostviking

The saga continues.....

Link

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join