It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

School District Demanding to Enter My Home!!!

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by hoagy1199

I did not think it was a pointless question, and will respond by saying, you admit yourself that your wife had 2 children who accessed and recieved an education from the system, and you also freely admit that YOU recieved a public education...So, that would tell me (forgive me if I'm wrong) that somewhere along the way SOMEONE who didn't have kids who was older than you and lived in your community, paid taxes towards YOUR education at one time...You do know the old saying about Shnit rolls down hill right?? LOL...Now my serious answer?? How would you feel about living in a community where education didn't exist for children? Don't you think the kids would run wild and NOT become productive members of society?? That IS the goal, correct? To raise our children to become good, productive members, right?? The children raised today will be our future tomorrow....Think about it....and that is how I will answer your "rhetorical" question...

edited to add: I don't use the sidewalks downtown, does that mean I don't have to pay taxes to keep them clean?? You HAVE raised a very interesting point indeed...something to ponder for me...hmmmm...I like to think...LOL...

[edit on 19-8-2010 by rockhndr]

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Sorry, I'm not buying into this story, because that's all this is. The OP was very vague in some areas and hasn't been heard from since. So, I'm calling hoax.

Who would abandon a thread like this? It's fake. Even if he comes back.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   
yeah until the op gets back im gonna assume either it allready got delt with,he was full of it or by some fluke he/she got there buts arrested

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   
This reminds me of something I read about before in the past with schools issueing laptops to students and then using the web cam feature to spy on the children in there homes. IDK what ever came out of that but certainly I would agree that unwarrented home searches would bother the hell out of me. I have become to learn especially where I live anything government just simply does what it wants with no consequence. Good luck with this though.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by JustJoe
Oh and btw, they have full authority to ask you to enter your home to verify residency of the child.

No they do not. This is coming from Law Enforcement as well. The 4th Amendment protects the right of someone against unlawful search and seizure and a School District is not immune. There are other ways to prove residence and by law, a notarized statement is all it should take, as you are singing it under penalty of purgery.

And while they have the right to make you PROVE residence, they do not have the right to prove what you are feeding the child or go through drawers and closets etc. They would need to go to a judge, with probable cause, and get a warrant.

Just wondering what world you live in.

Now as for me, i would let them see my child in my home and be done with it, but not allow them to rummage around, it asserts my right of privacy without keeping the kid out of school

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   
www.ocregister.com...

The link above is just one of many examples of a district that REQUIRES parents to sign an affidavit of residency for a childs resident status...IF the district deems necessary, by signing this affidavit, you ARE CONSENTING to a home visit, investigation of residency, and are consenting to a punishable offense by law if found guilty of residency fraud. What do some of you NOT understand about signing a school residency affidavit??? You have basically given up your right to refuse a home visit if they come knocking on your door. Bottom line is, if you're not lying, what have you got to hide???? This is not the only district across the country to have started this type of policy. My question to the whole situation would be this, If parents are lying to get their child the best education possible, what is going on in our society today to do such a thing?? How is it that the education system has failed in some districts to push a parent into this type of situation?? Personally, I think it's sad....

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I've read a lot of speculation regarding Lostvikings post. This person is not obligated to tell us the "whole story". There is nothing more we need to know. The fact remains, this local school district is demanding entry to check his refrigerator and closets. What more do we need to hear? If the police show up with a valid search warrant that is one matter, but for school officials, who's only charge is to educate our children, demand entry? I don't think so!! you stand your ground Lostviking. That is your domain, your sanctuary, protect it at all cost.. Forget about football, something much bigger than that is at stake..

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by caucazoid69
I've read a lot of speculation regarding Lostvikings post. This person is not obligated to tell us the "whole story". There is nothing more we need to know. The fact remains, this local school district is demanding entry to check his refrigerator and closets. What more do we need to hear? If the police show up with a valid search warrant that is one matter, but for school officials, who's only charge is to educate our children, demand entry? I don't think so!! you stand your ground Lostviking. That is your domain, your sanctuary, protect it at all cost.. Forget about football, something much bigger than that is at stake..

Weeelll ... it's not really that simple either.

Fine, forget football. Nobody cares if his kid plays football.

But his kid is legally required to be educated, either in a school or a homeschool. And a homeschool is a formal documented thing, with curriculum, tests, etc. OP can get in a lot of trouble if his kid is not being educated. The state can take away the kid and place him with a family or facility that will ensure the kid receives educated.

So make sure your kid is receiving education in this district, another district, out of the country, or homeschool. Check with your state laws for what the requirements are, but this is required in every state.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jean Paul Zodeaux
Read very carefully the registration form/s you signed as a parent. This/these registration forms, presumably with your signature on them, function as a contract. If, in that contract/registration form, you authorized an investigation of residency that includes allowing a school representative into your home, then you have signed a contract waiving any rights you would have to the contrary. It is always prudent to know what you are signing, and most prudent to understand how important your signature is and what that means in terms of contract law.

These are words of wisdom...contracts can give schools, DFACS, etc. jurisdiction inside of your home. Be careful.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by lostviking

Welcome a Socialized nanny state.. This is what the left has been cheering on and demanding for years... This is the sort of nonsense they bring to a nation with their wanting a bigger government, and for the government to control our lives...

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by vkey08

Oh no, they have full authority to ask.
Asking, and demanding with force are two different issues.

Just as police have the right to ask you questions, you have the right to decline.

Originally posted by rockhndr
www.ocregister.com...

The link above is just one of many examples of a district that REQUIRES parents to sign an affidavit of residency for a childs resident status...IF the district deems necessary, by signing this affidavit, you ARE CONSENTING to a home visit, investigation of residency, and are consenting to a punishable offense by law if found guilty of residency fraud.

Uh an Affidavit doesn't give your consent to do anything...

The Affidavit is a statement under penalty of perjury, that the statements within are true at the expense of perjury charges. It is EVIDENCE that a child lives there, through your word as witnessed.

After you sign the affidavit, they would need evidence that the affidavit is incorrect to warrant investigation against it. Suspicion isn't evidence. Targeting everyone equally, isn't evidence.

[edit on 19-8-2010 by mryanbrown]

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Isn't this just to check if your kid's address is correct so that s/he is assigned to the right school?

I remember it's done because of overcrowding.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by lostviking

same thing happendwith my mum im home schooledbecause of our religious veiws and my parents travel alot so its just me roselynn and venus,think about it your half dressedits 06:45 and you get woken up myan x rated arguement

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Demanding? doesn't sound like a word with 'Warrant" attached to it..i say if they try to force their way in without said warrant...get apey and start shooting, its your Constitutional Right after-all...sorry to hear and good luck with that, sounds like a bizarro world nightmare.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by die_another_day

Yes, many folks are getting all riled up 4th Amendment style over a check to ensure the kid isn't defrauding the school district.

Actually come to think of it, the 4th Amendment just prohibits "unreasonable" searches and seizures. I betcha the authorities would consider this a "reasonable" search, if OP persists in claiming eligibility for his kid to attend this school.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Unst0ppable0ne

I don't think its a matter of paranoia, its a matter of privacy. When people are busy living their lives, working in their home or whatever they deserve privacy. I myself am a very private person, not because I have anything to hide I just don't like snoops. I suppose you haven't heard about the laptops the schools are giving to kids with web cams to spy on them in their rooms, watching them undress and watching what they do - you think this is right. (this is on another thread at ATS). If you are home, taking a shower, eating breakfast, getting ready for work and school do you want some teacher coming in snooping around your home, looking in your fridge. If the school suspects something wrong it is a case for child welfare to investiage not a teacher or office staff member. We have a shortage of teachers and they have time to do this?

How would you like your boss doing that to you!

[edit on 20-8-2010 by crazydaisy]

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by oniongrass

Uh, checking refrigerator's and closets has nothing to do with residency and certainly is NOT reasonable.

Based on the information Lostviking gave us, and the school district did not bring with them an officer of the law AND a search warrant, it is as simple as saying, "Git the F*** outta here"... he doesn't owe them anything or explanation. Why are people even insinuating that he has his kid in school under false pretenses.. If he did, so what! I say again, "Git the F*** outta here"!

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by caucazoid69

How else is the school going to investigate whether the kid lives there? How else would you inspect a house to determine if a child of appropriate age and gender lived there? Maybe it's not reasonable to search at all, just exclude the child from school and be done with it.

So far there's no evidence that the kid does live there, the neighbors probably say he doesn't as someone else noted earlier, and this is a last chance.

OP doesn't have to allow the school in. The school doesn't have to allow OP's kid in. No problem.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by oniongrass

Oniongrass, are you serious? Hey Mr. School Administrator, my son's dirty draws are in the hamper, you wanna smell'em, just to make sure he plays here too? WTF...

Why don't we all just "lay down" for anyone who comes a calling. I suppose if the law comes to your house at 12:00 and wants to search it, but they tell you they'll have the warrant in one hour, you'd let them search anyhow, wouldn't you?

Again, no warrant, no entry! why is this concept so hard for people to understand? I feel like you're jerking my chain, because I don't even know how to explain it in such simple terms... No warrant, No entry! I don't care who you are or where you're from.. This is my house, if you want to know if my son lives here, then camp your ass outside and watch him get on/off the bus (as another post previously mentioned).

This post has inspired me to start my first thread... Thanks for getting me riled up Oniongrass... the devils advocate... yes you are.. Peace.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Maybe Op can't come back to his thread. His son is prolly pissed about football being interupted. Got him all gappled and duct taped in the basement.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join