It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I was abused by a gang of CHAVS! A guide to the Chav!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 02:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Theblackout

Cultural differences, meaning what? Are you not from the UK? Or are you from Scotland or wales. What sort of cultural differences. Meaning you have never faced any kind of attack where you were largely outnumbered. Typical response from a male with imaginary ninja skills

Check out an example of the Chav. Look like Children but they would own you if you came across them. This is why I carry a knife. Just in case.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 02:36 AM
link   
reply to post by supergeek

Well I like to be a bit humorous but I was a little concerned during the incident. Sitting in the comfort of my home its easier to make light of the situation. Yeah I often think that dropping these Chavs off in a place like Brixton London or Yardie domain would wake these kids up.

Yeah LA would be ideal. Not only would they crap themselves when faced with some of the gangs there but also the police there actually get physical with epople huh? Some tough live is needed.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by sassyncute

Actually, the back streets on Manila. There is a total knife culture there. They would not last 30 minutes.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 02:55 AM
link   

I love the opening video...very funny seeing the guy weasel out on his arse, and none of his mates help him.

Never been a fan of chavs (or their equivalent namesake overseas) but do you think, as I do, that a lot of their behaviour is all bravado because they are in a gang? I mean...the females that harrassed you, do you think once you got one of them by herself, her tough bravado would disappear altogether as they didn't have that safety in numbers?

My only real interaction with a UK chav has been via Vicky Pollard on the box, now she was well 'ard
- but I empathize with you, these cowardly scum are growing in numbers in many places, and getting bolder in what they are physically willing to do to others.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 03:03 AM
link   
They are the same up here in Cumbria sassy, when they approach me I usually nut the biggest, it's amazing how a gang of 30 "chavs" will back down when you attack the leader.

They use some of the words you mentioned, but the majority is pure Cumbrian

Here is the Cumbrian dictionary for you-to get an idea of what that is like www.gonmad.co.uk...

Remember, if at first you don't succeed, in with the boot and then the heed, lol.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 03:09 AM
link   
lets all carry knives for protection then we will all be safe
or better yet get a tank to drive to the shops, maybe strap bombs to your body then run at them screaming, all these promote peace and stop violence its been proven

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by rangersdad

Those chavs are a bunch of punks or bullies. The slight beating
he got from that homeowner reminded me of a video where the sensei of a martial arts studio here where the sensei saw a pimp beating up one of his hookers the sensei told him to stop, the pimp got an attitude and tried to hit the sensei and he kicked him just once so hard he fell down. His "friends" came over to help him back across the street and he kept on falling down. I wish I knew where that video was so that you can see what is possible and to not give into these bums.

youtube'd 'pimp gets beaten'

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 03:22 AM
link   
I believe it was in his book The Theory of the Leisure Class that U.S. sociologist Thorstein Veblen used the phrase "spurious aristocracy" or something similar to describe what he saw as the lowest rung on the social ladder. This was back in the 1890s. Veblen described the "sprious aristocrats" as dandified layabouts who have a very flamboyant fashion style that they and they alone see as kind of "high-class." These people did no work (unlike the working poor) and spent their days idling about. They would turn to petty crime, grifting, small-time cons, and the like to make a penny when necessary. These people were basically failures who wouldn't do hard work because they thought it was benieth them.

Sounds like the Chav is today's UK version of the "spurious aristocrat."

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 03:29 AM
link   
wow im really sorry, same thing in the states no one will help if you are being attacked or harassed unless your lucky, glad to know you are ok damn how big is this knife you talking about, and if i may ask what is up with your avatar??

[edit on 18-8-2010 by truth_of_truth]

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Yeah up here they're called Neds. Usually these people are harmless alone, even jovial at times (depending on how much buckfast and jellies they have swallowed). But in a pack they can be vicious beasts and should be avoided at all costs.

I'd estimate that 95% of the crime in Glasgow is caused by these scummy bawbags.

Here's a youtube videos of one of the lovely chaps:

Ah, and the good old neddy junkie stuck in a postbox:

It's funny. I always ask the EDL guys what exactly they are doing to 'protect' this country. They shout about Muslim extremists all the time, but the real threat to me and to the people i love is getting stabbed off some wee dobber when walking home on a Saturday night. No one's doing anything to protect us from them!

[edit on 18-8-2010 by Nammu]

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 03:37 AM
link   
Mate, I've been on the receiving end of those wee rats here in Newcastle.
I found it hilarious to be honest.

I'm from Belfast and I've had my fair share of encounters over there, only we call them 'steeks' or 'hoods'.
I need to add, I have never had a fight in my life and never want to.

But in my first year at Uni in the Toon, I lived quite close to a small estate and the off license there had pretty cheap cider, so we'd go there for weekend booze.
Anyway, on the way to the shop, a gang of them - maybe 6 or 7 were doin the usual hangin around, fulfilling their lives (as they do).
As I walked, one said quite quietly, "givvuz a tab ya poof".
I nealy burst out laughing - I have a shaved head, beard and at that time, wore my biker jacket constantly. I looked like Nick Olivieri from Queens of the Stone Age apparently - not remotely what would be considered "...a poof".
So I ignored it and walked past and got the the shop, got what I needed and rolled a cigarette for the walk aback.

This time as I walked past smoking, the same wee ratbag said "I said givvuz a tab man".
So I said "sorry mate, I've no cigarettes" (which was technically true as I only had tobacco) - to which he unleashed a torrent of expletives about my mum.
So I turned back and roared "What the f*** did you just say ya wee s***?"

The funniest part was one of them (and it was a boy as far as I could tell) screamed "F**k - he's from Belfast" and the lot of them ran, shouting "sarry mate" behind them.
I was in creases of laughter on the way back, as were my flatmates.

They are a blight on society for sure, but their bravado exists only on the premise that you're scared of them.
They are most certainly not prepared for you not to be.
I like to think I would help someone out if, like the OP, they were being abused. The stickler is, you don't know what some of these kids are carrying, weapon-wise. They're sneaky and deceitful and wouldn't hesitate to all join in the fight.

To the OP - I'm glad you're ok mate. Avoid the wee ratbags if possible, and if all else fails, put on a Belfast accent!!!

Much love...

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 03:51 AM
link   
Yeah.. I had a similar experience visiting my family in the UK when I was living in Israel.. I live back in the West Midlands now, but at the time it was a shock.. For them..

I too went to the offy to get some cigs, and some chav trying to sound "ard" and "street" which sounds even more dumb in a Black Country accent, asked me "giz a fag mate," which i said to go buy his own on which he said "im banned from the shop innit", I said tough crap, then he and his mates started abusing me which to cut a long story short resulted in said chav wearing the bmx bike he was on... I enjoy these kind of confrontations..

But i david cameron is serious about us cleaning our own streets, he needs to get that into law now because it would be my total pleasure to happy slap some chav parents into taking proper care of their runts.. It takes a whole community to raise a child. I think Britain has lost site of that due to social engineering of subsequent governments..

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 03:52 AM
link   
what happened after they circled you..you have not quite finished your story. Did you pull the knife out and slashed em away?

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by truth_of_truth
wow im really sorry, same thing in the states no one will help if you are being attacked or harassed unless your lucky, glad to know you are ok damn how big is this knife you talking about, and if i may ask what is up with your avatar??

thanks, the main knife i carry is called a Cold Steel 49HK Mini Tac Kiridashi from camouflage in Vancouver Canada BC. I have bought around 6 for me and my Husband when we travel out to Van or the US. The knife comes with a Sheath and an attachment for securing to your body or round neck. It has a 3 inch blade and has a great handle for non slip.

I have always like collecting knives and weapons with my Husband but with the laws in the UK it a bit hard now. So we have a place in Vancouver and we go a bit mad over there. The Avatar is a Halloween joke having a Jewish girl dressed in a pink dress with a hilter mustache and Swastika. Just a bit of fun for an avatar. Nothing malicious about it.

[edit on 18-8-2010 by sassyncute]

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 03:57 AM
link   
reply to post by nagabonar

No I did not pull out the knife. they never physically attacked me just circled me an shout abuse and followed me. I went into a Pub as I said in the original post.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 04:03 AM
link   

I love the Avatar. The pink swastika sort of laughs in the face of Nazism.
As does the mock Addie tash.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 04:05 AM
link   
That sucks brother I hope that never happens to you again, Consider yourself lucky you dont have to deal with real gangs(bloods,crips,ms13, brown pride,chings etc etc) that will actually kill you without reason. I've encountered chavs while visiting London and to be honest I wasn't impressed. Five pasty teens trying to talk "ghetto" with British accents I laughed at them and told them try threatening someone who didnt grow up in Queens, thats all it took I didnt even have to fight them.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 04:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheLoneArcher

I love the Avatar. The pink swastika sort of laughs in the face of Nazism.
As does the mock Addie tash.

thanks Archer, I have a sense of humor and I think we need one with the way the world is going!

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 04:09 AM
link   

oh so your jewish, in which case how would they know you are jewish

well i think that the problem over there is nothing like the gang problem over here i lived in Chicago (now in LA) and i have to say that living in Chicago is very dangerous for a teen, alot of them carry guns and they have no problem using it in the middle of the day i love my hometown but its been destroyed by the gangs they have the police not wanting to patrol certain areas and the rest are hard a$$'s that will beat you, and damn thats a nice looking knife (looked it up) well glad you are ok dont want a jewish nazi sympathizer getting hurt or else well i dont know i just wanted to type that down sounds like a cool oxymoron

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 04:10 AM
link   
reply to post by FrancoUn-American

Yep, I bet that does the trick. But try it as a girl and see how far a high voice and a dress get you. These Chavs only pick on weaker targets and never back it up against real men. shame they are not sent overseas to look for IED's in Afghanistan or some other hole.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join