It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congressman Issa calls Obama propaganda illegal, calls for investigation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Suprise, suprise, more allegations of criminal activity by our beloved commander in chief.

This time he is accused of using public funds to support propaganda pushing his radical agenda.

Congressman Issa Accuses Obama Admin of Criminal Activity

The thirty-seven page pre-publication copy [PDF] of Issa's report publically charges the Obama administration with criminal activity. According to WorldNetDaily's Jerome Corsi, "It charges the Obama administration with violating federal laws to advance what the Government Accounting Office has characterized as an unlawful ‘covert campaign', using federal resources ‘to activate a sophisticated propaganda and lobbying campaign'."

The report goes on to list details of additional offenses and abuses of taxpayer dollars at the hands of the Obama administration.

The Oversight Republican Report concludes by saying, "The White House has failed to transition from campaign mode and is now inappropriately leveraging those campaign-trail relationships to unlawfully generate support for the president's agenda."

The New American

Let's see if any of these charges stick this time. It looks like nothing will come from the allegations of the bribe he offered to Sestack, I hope this one doesn't die away as well.

If this keeps up, Regan will have some stiff competition for the title of "Teflon President".

[edit on 8/17/10 by FortAnthem]

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Already a thread here too in case you're interested.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
Already a thread here too in case you're interested.

D'oh!!

The search engine failed me again.

I'd ask the mods to close this one but the other one is "breaking news" and this one is a topical forum.

Oh, well, this gives us twice the opportunity to discuss this issue! (Just trying to see the glass as half full for once
)

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 10:31 PM
link   
I can never remember what trumps what...just thought you'd like to maybe see the comments there too. Not surprising search failed...two entirely different headlines.

In a nutshell, this is upset about 1.) that there is propaganda and 2.) and increase of $5 million dollars year to year. I think my comment to go along with the graph from the report was that I guess I'd rather see the money spent here to promote domestic improvement-type programs than out of the country by the hundreds of billions. Just not high on my priority list, I guess, but I would be interested to know more if and when they bring charges against someone for this.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Gee, there was a big jump in propaganda spending in '03.

Guess now we know how much it costs to sell a usless war to the American people; $161 million.

Edit to get the number right.

I really need to start paying better attention...

[edit on 8/17/10 by FortAnthem]

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

Yes, and I'm almost positive there was a VERY big stink about it the next year, and it was, of course, shrugged off. Would have to go digging for the information though.

See...this is one of the benefits of our faux two-party, checks-and-balances systems.

Bring it up to make us think they're on "top" of things. Checks.

Distract with in-fighting, finger-pointing, partisan bickering. Balances.

And the real issues go unaddressed and fall by the wayside. Brilliant plan!

[edit on 8/17/2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Acc Post

[edit on 1782010 by Starbug3MY]

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
Bring it up to make us think they're on "top" of things. Checks.
Distract with in-fighting, finger-pointing, partisan bickering. Balances.
And the real issues go unaddressed and fall by the wayside. Brilliant plan!
[edit on 8/17/2010 by ~Lucidity]

Excellent and very astute observation (as usual). They raise it as an issue to get the mob all riled up and then they bicker out loud to show they are "doing something about it" until the next issue comes up, then they all go out to the strip bars together.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 02:02 AM
link   
I read through all 37 pages of that. This is what I gathered:

Pages 1-7: Propaganda has existed and occurred within the federal government and every administration for the past 100 years.

Pages 8-37: The propaganda the current administration has used.

I look forward to seeing what comes of this.

new topics

top topics

join