It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I no longer want to know what I've learned.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by CHA0S

um... I guess it's been elaborated on already. Good work!

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Okay, I'm not a debunker.
I do, however suggest taking a look at the following discussion which took place elsewhere.

It's at Physics Forums and includes what I consider to be a good explanation complete with diagram.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by kalisdad

Originally posted by this_is_who_we_are
Actually the three days of darknes refers to a temporary cessastion of the rotation of the earth. So... I'm with the OP. Sadly.

my question is...

would you rather be on the side of darkness or the side of sunlight during those 3 days?

I'm going to g with darkness on this one, I can barely take the sun for a few hours let alone 3 days...

added-

if Islamic prohecy is correct, either the earth is going to physically flip poles, or its going to change its rotation...

Islam is the only religion that prophesies that the sun will rise from the West, instead of from rising from the East, in the last phase of the End Times, before Day of Judgement. Both the Quran and the Hadith affirm that this phenomenon will take place. The occurrence of this phenomenon is considered in Islam as one of the major signs that indicate the Day of Judgement is very close.

www.discoveringislam.org...
-

[edit on 18-8-2010 by kalisdad]

I'd rather be bundled up on the dark side of the planet for three days rather than sweltering and dying on the other side as well. Hopefully the U.S. desert southwest will be in darkness, because that's the spot I've come to think of as a "safe haven" for when TSHTF.

Peace

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by dreamwalker74

This is the thing though if we have a mass extinction every 62 million years is there nothing left no where to hide no way to plan?
I personally have not really been "preparing" b/c there is no way to know for sure.
I remember when this 2012 hype first captured my attention...there was a article which i'm sure you've read that said safe zones and listed Africa as the safest because of the level of the land...but how true is this?

Note does anyone ever watch The Universe on the History channel?
Well I was watching it about 2 weeks ago and the scientists on there were talking about pole shifts while making absolutely no mention of 2012...
How odd.

Now this guy debunks 2012 in several of his videos and also on the NASA site. However there was a different video that I cannot find right now...of him speaking at a University...he does the same debunking thing...but then says "we have no way of knowing for sure if we are headed for a shift change".

Also whats even more interesting some of you may remember this from 2 or 3 years ago. On the 2012 wikipedia page it used to say Nasa predicts a pole shift for 2012...and then that was revised to Nasa predicts a solar maximum for 2013.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Question. If this alignment has happened millions of times throughout Earth's history and all volcanoes have erupted simultaneously worldwide, continents sunk to the bottom of the ocean and new ones rose from the bottom of the ocean, etc, wouldn't there be evidence of these cataclysmic, world-changing events in ocean sediment and ice core records?

I have nary scientific understanding of these things, but if what you're saying is true (I doubt it is), wouldn't all the world's scientists be all over it feverishly working night and day trying to avert this fast-approaching disaster? If this idea had scientific credibility wouldn't you expect the world's leading scientists to be all over this? But they aren't. Any idea why?

Sounds like a lot of scaremongering bunk to me.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Nathan-D

I have four word for you: Deep Underground Military Bases. You don't really think the government spends $1500 for a hammer or $300 for a toilet seat do you. Black Op. Black budget. Elites survive. The rest can eat cake.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nathan-D

... wouldn't there be evidence of these cataclysmic, world-changing events in ocean sediment and ice core records?

I have something I want to show you...just give me time to go back to the article I just saw like 2 days ago...edit coming soon.

[edit on 18-8-2010 by packinupngoin]

www.oddee.com...

First paragraph, last sentence.

[edit on 18-8-2010 by packinupngoin]

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I wonder what the church is going to use in 2013 to keep the gullible going and funding their enterprise...

2029 perhaps, or perhaps remark the gregorian calender changed it and its actually 2016 due to the lost 4 years during the conversion...etc...

sad.

One thing for sure, these morons will not be giving up the "we are all going to die, the sky is falling, buy my book and put your paycheck in the coffers" bit easily.

OPs, after repeated prophecy days of doom coming and going without much happening, you will learn how to be a bit more skeptical and actually go on with planning for a future. 1984, 1995, 2000, 2004, 2012, etc etc etc...plenty of religious kooks have come and gone demanding the end is nigh...and many will continue...its paranoia, mental illness, not understanding science, religion, and simple greed that keeps that industry very well afloat.

I wonder what Hoagland will be doing in 2013.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   
2012 ?
I say bring it on.
Whatever the event may be at least the never ending promos and teasers will stop being spewed around.
If it happens it happens, if it doesnt it doesnt, and that's what I think about that.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   

There are many areas of the planet where volcanic ash has formed igneous rock over thousands of years through the natural pressures of the earth. That is in-fact miles deep. Was all current igneous rock, formed during the creation of the earth? Secondly there are many instances where "land" fossiles were found under the ocean, and "ocean fossiles" have been found in the peaks of Colorado. So yeah.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

What makes you believe I'm religious in any way? If I was would I even be researching the science? I do realize on this site you are use to getting on and tearing apart people for religious reasons. Though how does this pertain to this post? Is attacking religion all you have to stand on? If so Good Job! (I guess). Thats what you wanted right?

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Damn it, I'm feeding the trolls! Somebody should verbally berate me for doing such things. I promise I'll be more careful in the future.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   

wouldn't all the world's scientists be all over it feverishly working night and day trying to avert this fast-approaching disaster?
There's nothing you can do to avert such a large scale disaster. It's impossible for us, and they know it.

If this idea had scientific credibility wouldn't you expect the world's leading scientists to be all over this? But they aren't. Any idea why?
As I said above, "they know it", scientists have already discovered this IMO and it has been kept quite. They probably do have secret teams of scientists working on it, but there are no official "scientists" willing to do any serious research into it, and if there are any, the Government would probably recruit them quick smart.

What do you say in response to yeahright, seems to debunk your theory?

And just for the record, nor am I religious.

[edit on 18/8/10 by CHA0S]

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreamwalker74

What makes you believe I'm religious in any way? If I was would I even be researching the science? I do realize on this site you are use to getting on and tearing apart people for religious reasons. Though how does this pertain to this post? Is attacking religion all you have to stand on? If so Good Job! (I guess). Thats what you wanted right?

You said look up 3 days of darkness
google provides only a religious text about how demons and all sorts are going to be wandering the world, gods wrath, blah blah blah...

I assume this is about the dust cloud supposedly shooting out at the galactic rift...

Assume for one moment this is true...and for a few days things get a bit dark...how does that = sudden death of all things anyhow, unless of course you toss in the demons of hell.

The ripping is on the concept of this 3 days, not on you in particular...you simply may have fallen for it...religious folks will always use any phenomona to claim its the end of the world.

As far as trolls...being a rational mind does not make you a troll...now, if on 2012, the sun blots out and I suddenly see and/or hear demons wandering around slaughtering people...I might ponder how God could manage to employ the demons considering that makes them still servents of God (the guy they are in rebellion over)...even the religious stuff in context makes little logical sense..like saying the police will employ criminals to guard the streets...all nonsense.

If you want to make a rational (albeit paranoid) discussion about the galactic rift, you might want to start a thread on that...not about the 3 days nonsense...thats just asking for "trolls", otherwise known as skeptics in to poke holes.

However, if you are holding dear to your end of the world prophecy and need it to justify being lazy for a couple years, you may not want to do it...but make a deal...if your alive on jan 1, 2013...swear not to fall for such hogwash again and move on with life..

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by CHA0S

Couldn't have said it better, I think there is likely a 6 hour plan, where those in the know are able to tell their families and immediately move them to predetermined underground locations. How do you keep the scientists quiet? Simply by offering them this option.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   

SaturnFX, have you checked the last page where he stated his theory, and I expanded on it?

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by CHA0S

How do you keep the masses quiet? By creating a truly stupid movie, where at the end they all escape by "boat". Everybody critisizes the dumb movie, and then everybody critisizes the idea. Wow it was really that simple.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreamwalker74
I have researched 2012 for the last 10 years, I won't spread what I have learned, because all the info is out there, if you are willing to do the research. I don't suggest you do. Preparing for the end, looking everybody in the face and not telling them what you have learned, is quite frankly horrible. Ignorance truly is bliss. If I could go back and do it all over, I simply would have lived my life. I would not have researched any conspiracy theories period. Now because of my research I have no choice. I honestly believe Unless I'm incredibly lucky, I only have two years left to live. It's almost like a doctor telling you you only have two years to live, because you have some horrible disease. I will not spread what I have learned, it is too cruel. If you absolutely need to know all the facts are out there. Some are complete B.S. Some on the other hand make way too much sense on a practical physics base. I wish I could unlearn all I know. I would be happier. I could live out my days in peace.

I don't want responses to this post.

I'm not looking for stars or flags.

I'm simply warning those who are already halfway there.

"Be very careful in your quest for knowledge" Once you learn the truth it may overwhelm you. Stay ignorant. Seriously, you will remain happy until the end.

Dreamwalker,

I can identify with this post, though I didn't read your thread. I'm going to try to not read the rest of your thread, but I just wanted to lend you some support. I know this must have been a difficult choice for you to make.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   
I know there are some filthy rich who think they can thwart perishing on this event. Anyone else thinking they should keep close tabs on the extremely rich, and when you see them making a run for it, to follow and then strong arm them?

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join