It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I no longer want to know what I've learned.

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by infolurker
Sorry,

Curious, I must ask since I have read up on the subject and it is hard to weed through all the hype.

What "exactly" does your research lead you to believe?

Meteor/Asteroid?

Pole Shift?

EMP / Breakdown of civilization?

Gama Burst?

What exactly is the "event"?

The coming pole shift is already underway and evidence is there.

Will it finish its magnetic flip by 2012, no idea,
most scientists think it will not be a world ending event.

We may go years thou with little to no magnetic field and it will
be safer to be indoors.

A major GRB event would suck big time, and basically kill
everything on one side of the planet.

The NEAR project has located all the planet killer Asteroids and Comets
at this point so I think we are safe there.

A major disease outbreak is also likely if not a few of them,
some bacteria some virus.

Also WW3 and or the mass genocide mentioned on the
Georgia Guidestones is very possible.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by dreamwalker74
reply to post by infolurker

If you are tuly curious, and have done ALL other research look up "three days af darkness" Though once again, Quit looking! You ae better off.

www.3daysofdarkness.com...

Ahhh it is religious mumbo jumbo.

Hopefully this theory is as correct and concise as the bible.

That pretty much sums up what I think of all the drivel from most
of the religions around the world.

There are a VERY few bright points in most religions, but there
is a huge amount of content that is just created from events
like the Council of Nicaea.

Dawkins also has a lot of good info on religion as well.

[edit on 19-8-2010 by Ex_MislTech]

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Ex_MislTech

THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH RELIGION, PLEASE SEE PAGE 5 OF THIS THREAD. Thank you.

[edit on 19/8/10 by CHA0S]

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 02:19 AM
link   
You have spent 10 years researching other peoples madness?

Wow you really have wasted 10 years of your life my friend. You are going to feel like a right plum once 2012 comes and goes and you are still hiding out under your stairs. Live your life man. You have learned nothing because everything about 2012 comes from some of the most ridiculous and dumb people to grace the earth.

They have come up with all manner of crazy ideas that make me laugh and think this is why they are not running the world. Because everyone would have to wear a radiation suit and bob their head up and down to the chanting of "The truth is out there".

You should of been told that the interwebs or internets is not all FACT. There are people who wish to have people lose 10 years of their lives researching some farce.

In 10 years you could of gained a Masters in Physics, or Biochemistry. You could of built a house with your own bare hands. You could of built a supercomputer to work out intricate problems, you could of traveled the entire world for free by hitchhiking visiting some of the worlds lost wonders. You could of almost becomes a Doctor (MD only) but you chose to research 2012. Nice one. I now sort of wish we all die horribly just so you have some peace that you didn't throw away 10 years on nothing. Good luck on being destroyed in 2012. all the best on that!!

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 02:50 AM
link   
If anyone is giving in to fear and really worrying about 2012 i'd recommend watching this video. Its very uplifting.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Well I thought I would start off with the Doors. To the people who hurl out insults, why are you even here! Sure you may not agree with peoples theories but to call them "Stupid" or worse is just ignorant.

The Ice Core data shows that something triggers a Large Ice age roughly every 100 000 years.

Then there is some heating for about 25 000 years or so and then another smaller Ice Age and so on and so on until we reach the "Big One" again. What is causing these?

It has to be some cosmic cycle that is causing this? Scientists in 2005 detected large amounts of Gamma Rays along the Galactic Equator(source). Passing through this will cause changes to all bodies passing through it and this could be why NASA is concerned that the upcoming Solar Max will be a bad one. Loosing our electrical grid for months or years would be devastating to us as we depend on electricity for everything.

Do I think the world will end on December 21st, 2012? NO! Do I think we will enter a pocket of space that will cause physical changes to our planet? YES!

It can be argued that the climate change we are experiencing is a result of this "Heating Phase" that the Ice Core data points to before the next Ice Age happens. It could be that Man-made pollutants have only postponed the coming Ice Age for a while and that other physical changes will occur.

Things to watch for in the coming years to prove that the Galactic Plane is having an effect.

1. Huge increase in devastating Earthquakes(look at this year so far)
2. Increase in devastating weather and Natural disasters(again look at this year)
3. Sun will start doing things we've never seen before
4. Gas Giants will start to exhibit unusual behavior.

Just my 2 cents.

On an off-topic rant here, it would be nice to have the ATS that was around when I first joined. The insults and abusive personalities on this site now really need to find a better outlet for their aggression. May I suggest Kickboxing or something that helps you get out your aggression.

It's more than OK to disagree with someone but are the personal attacks and childish behavior really necessary!

Deez

[edit on 19-8-2010 by DEEZNUTZ]

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 04:43 AM
link   
Ugh I hate it when people say I need to believe in jesus and the lord.

Any real god wouldn't care what I believe. A real god would judge me on my actions.

I believe there might just be a god. I believe he looks like a hamburger.

The dead will not rise out of their graves ever. Most are too decomposed to move even if something turned em back on. And some are nothing but dirt.

My top 5 predictions for 2012 end world scenarios are.

#1 Massive Environmental Disaster
#2 Huge Worldwide Earthquake
#3 Massive Solar Flare
#4 Mass Poisoning
#5 WWIII

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 05:06 AM
link   
well i dunno about you guys i say bring it on, if its gunna be mass caos well than so be it, i got my m16, craploads of ammo, a house full of tomatoe and mushroom soup, lots of books to read, i think this should be fun, all my military training will pay off.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 05:22 AM
link   
oh and first off, sorry for my bad grammar and spelling (not here to impress anyone), but honestly, i think this 2012 mumbo jombo is nuts, like seriously. I first heard about it because the myan calandar is ending, well guess what guys ur callender you have in your office or on your wall ends every year. does that mean there was an appocalypse i missed or wasnt invited to? and everything i read is just theroy, no hard scientific facts, and trust me iv been reading on it for a few years now, just like probly most people on here, yeah i can see things going badly but life i rough, suck it up and dont be a princess.

Global warming? will it kill us? maybe some but no humans will adapt.

Ice age? it might kill alot yeah, but once again, we will adapt, or atleast put on out snow suit for a few years. ( i live in northern canada and i dont think an ice age would be much differnt from now up here)

Earthquakes? yeah it will kill alot but only if ur in a bad area on a major faultline or under a crapy built building.

volvanoes? yeah they might screw with a few areas, and for the ash, get a gas mask.

solar flares? most people would die cuz the comunications would be knocked out for a while thus they commit suicide cuz they cant go on facebook or twitter.

NONE of thes are gunna wipe out the plannet, but if world war 3 struck out and everybody launced there nukes, than yeah were screwd.

im probly gunna get razzed for my thoughts. what ever take it or leave it.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 05:30 AM
link   
Yes once you take that red pill there is no going back.

But, being forewarned is forearmed.

If and when TSHTF you will at least know what is coming down while the mass of humanity is scratching their heads in wonder.

If you can see the train coming at least you will know enough to step off the tracks before it hits you.

Most won't see or hear that train coming until it smacks into them.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Dont let 2012 get you down! Checkout my new positive thread on the 2012 shift, lets rejoice and be excited for the coming shift in consciousness and humanity

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 19-8-2010 by rajaten]

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 08:36 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Staff edit: Manually removing duplicate of above post so as to not fine the member twice.

[edit on 8/19/2010 by AshleyD]

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by CHA0S
reply to post by Ex_MislTech

THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH RELIGION, PLEASE SEE PAGE 5 OF THIS THREAD. Thank you.

[edit on 19/8/10 by CHA0S]

Your post had some hard evidence of cyclical extinction.

Good job on digging all that up.

The theory I found that shows another cyclical is Nemesis Theory.

en.wikipedia.org...

I think some thing out in the Oort Cloud make long term orbits
thru the central portion of the solar system.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreamwalker74
reply to post by infolurker

If you are tuly curious, and have done ALL other research look up "three days af darkness" Though once again, Quit looking! You ae better off.

DOH! Missed your reply on page one. The original reply was kept below as an act of contrition - humiliation to remind me to be more thorough. Best, NRK

If you are indeed correct then why do you weep? The remaking of the world described in that prophesy would be a beautiful (but gory and morbid) event! According to prophesy God will even show mercy, reveal each person's sins to them, and give them a chance to repent. If 2012 is indeed the coming of Saint Peter to Earth then I say hooray. I get to meet God, and if I'm a good boy maybe stay and contribute to a new, more pure society. I don't know, it doesn't sound bad to me but I was raised Christian. Not saying I wouldn't be meeting God with crapped pants, but you know...at the end of the day you come out ahead, right? **shrug**

Is that indeed the event you are referencing, or am I mistaken? FYI, the timing on the prophecy is just right so that she could have been referring to the recent American and French revolutions, and the revolts in Ireland, India, and China. Not poo-pooing the theory, just saying. I truly hope you find peace, friend. It's no good to live in constant fear. Best,

NRK

[edit on 19-8-2010 by Needrollkilla]

[edit on 19-8-2010 by Needrollkilla]

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Dear Dreamwalker74,

Your fears had been much misplaced and totally unnecessary, and only the uninformed would be mislead by your fears, despite your claim to 10 years of research.

1. Pole Shift:-

Pole shift are normal events and happens at irregular times. If you are as well researched on the topic, you would have understand how such events occur, and it comes from the dynamo theory based on the magnetic fields created by our planet's core.

When a reversal occurs, the magnetic fields which protects our planet from solar storms and radiation, DO NOT disappear, but simply realigns itself on another part of the planet, with its protective shield still intact.

Furthermore, such process takes thousands of years to complete, and CANNOT change within 3 days, let alone overnight.

2. Crustal Displacement ( True Polar Wander )

Earth's crusts are just thin layers 'floating' about our planet's core. It is not an entire whole crust, but brokened up pieces called tectonic plates that regularly collide with each other at about only probably millimeters per year.

When Earth was formed, it probably had an unbalance crusts, with some of the plates having a heavier mass. As the planet rotates, it wobbles due to the unbalanced mass on certain sides.

Eventually, the plates had collided enough for a more balanced massed equally everywhere else, which accounted for thousands years of peaceful rotations, with only the occasional plates hitting itself against another over time, with pressure built up and translating it into powerful earthquakes.

The only times a TPW will occur with cataclyismic proportions is when a large size asteroid hits Earth, breaking up the tectonic plates into further pieces and floating dangerous at each other with great speeds, or gravitational pull from a planet size object.

The nearest would be a brown dawf but it is 13 million light years away, meaning it will have to travel at the speed of light and reach earth only in 13 million years. By then, we may had already evolved and disappeared from this solar system.

Another factor would be the build up of crustal mass on one side of the planet away from the equator, so much so that it would affect the rotation of the planet, unlikely as our tectonic plates are relative stable at millimetres progression per year, even with an increased Solar activity from the sun that may affect our magnetic field.

The melting ice may be a consideration, but then, the ice's mass is already definite. Melt an ice cube in a glass full of water and the water level still remains the same without overflowing.

3. Religious subscription to the Catholic prophesy '3 days of darkness'. This does not tie in to the scientific research as I had shown in the above. Pole shift not occur for just 3 days, and pole wander will be instant doom.

That subscription is a separate issue and bears no relation to science. It will be an epiphany by itself from our Creator, should we failed to follow the path to a better future, but instead murder and destroy His creations- us.

Then again, as I had mentioned on other threads before, predictions are not events that will happen, but only a belief that an action would occur IF nothing changes. As you can see on this site alone, changes do happen, and you can become part of it too. Change can only happen and begins with us - you and me.

Cheers.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   
as an old boy scout- be prepared-
for what-who knows? you boys seem
to have lots of dire straits to be navigated.
so i'll get a few more buckshot shells,
tuck some dry goods away, and savor all the luxuries
my immediate world has to offer.
whatever comes my way-
adapt improvise overcome-
if thats built in to your thought processes
each day resolves itself.
when i get to lay my burden down ,
fine by me ,dying is just packing up and
moving along, nothing to get all bothered about.
Meanwhile the food for thought is wild to imagine.
what a ride.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   
In my personal opinion, I have found the works of people such as Arguelles, Calleman and then Barbara Hand Clow the most logical outcomes of 2012.
Barbara's book 'The Mayan Code' lines up the Underworlds of the Mayan calendar with key conscious evolutionary periods in our history.
My belief is simply that the West mimics the left hemispherical mind more, while the East is more right hemispherical. Come 2012, I think it's the beginning of East/West balance.
The West will take on a more Eastern perspective, while the East will be benefiting more from Western technology (especially medicine, though not Pharmaceutical) and other thought processes.
When I view the world in the East/West sense, I feel as though both sides have important aspects of life, and together in harmony they could be an amazing and powerful way of life.
Internet will, and is starting to bring the world and different cultures together as one, through this and action in real life, I believe we can find the truth, whatever it may be.
To say 2012 is a hoax or insignificant is in my opinion somewhat ignorant, when it can be studied to show amazing patterns of history and intellect of humans.
We all want it, we just haven't figured out how to get their yet. My personal belief on that is love. Infinite love for everything including self and enemy. I don't believe the Alex Jones approach for example benefits us at all, arming ourselves only shows fear to me.
Love for everything being the answer can also be proven scientifically to not only benefit oneself incredibly, but others. Evidence surrounding cognition in relation to Gamma Waves and synchronous neural oscillations, particularly in those of Monks whilst meditating (which is concentration of love) shows how our brains can conserve so much more energy, and indeed, use none (even if temporal).
I've experienced this for a period of two weeks whilst with a partner (incredibly long story, though she was an equal), and during that time my thoughts were nil at times, or only focused on love for everyone and everything, and it was more feeling, not thinking.
I had and have since never experienced such a thing in my life and don't know anyone else who has (without the use of Marijuana, MDMA/E, Mushrooms etc) for such a period of time. It was literally being high on life, I never felt like I was 'there', though in an amazing way, my body had so much energy I couldn't believe it, I was sleeping 3-5 hours a night and some not at all, with the deepest sleep and most powerful dreams I'd ever experienced. People around me changed in a way I have never seen, I was never late, I caught every bus on time without thinking about what time it even was, I had people come up to me only to lose their words etc and most importantly, I feared nothing, at all. I didn't fear who I was at the deepest darkest level, I didn't fear death, leaving my body consciously or hold any fear in any sense. It was a powerful and incredible experience and one that changed my view on life completely, much like when people have NDE's.
It was simply love and I believe everyone on this Earth deserves to feel that and it is what we should be striving for.
Imagine if instead of arming ourselves and arguing over things we cannot find evidence or proof for just yet, we simply came together as brothers and sisters of this planet and made amends in all ways.
It's possible, but hard to imagine at times, right? Literally, imagine the whole world in a place of constant love, zero fear, imagine what the human race would be capable of!

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by canweberational
In my personal opinion, I have found the works of people such as Arguelles, Calleman and then Barbara Hand Clow the most logical outcomes of 2012.
Barbara's book 'The Mayan Code' lines up the Underworlds of the Mayan calendar with key conscious evolutionary periods in our history.
My belief is simply that the West mimics the left hemispherical mind more, while the East is more right hemispherical. Come 2012, I think it's the beginning of East/West balance.
The West will take on a more Eastern perspective, while the East will be benefiting more from Western technology (especially medicine, though not Pharmaceutical) and other thought processes.
When I view the world in the East/West sense, I feel as though both sides have important aspects of life, and together in harmony they could be an amazing and powerful way of life.
Internet will, and is starting to bring the world and different cultures together as one, through this and action in real life, I believe we can find the truth, whatever it may be.
To say 2012 is a hoax or insignificant is in my opinion somewhat ignorant, when it can be studied to show amazing patterns of history and intellect of humans.
We all want it, we just haven't figured out how to get their yet. My personal belief on that is love. Infinite love for everything including self and enemy. I don't believe the Alex Jones approach for example benefits us at all, arming ourselves only shows fear to me.
Love for everything being the answer can also be proven scientifically to not only benefit oneself incredibly, but others. Evidence surrounding cognition in relation to Gamma Waves and synchronous neural oscillations, particularly in those of Monks whilst meditating (which is concentration of love) shows how our brains can conserve so much more energy, and indeed, use none (even if temporal).
I've experienced this for a period of two weeks whilst with a partner (incredibly long story, though she was an equal), and during that time my thoughts were nil at times, or only focused on love for everyone and everything, and it was more feeling, not thinking.
I had and have since never experienced such a thing in my life and don't know anyone else who has (without the use of Marijuana, MDMA/E, Mushrooms etc) for such a period of time. It was literally being high on life, I never felt like I was 'there', though in an amazing way, my body had so much energy I couldn't believe it, I was sleeping 3-5 hours a night and some not at all, with the deepest sleep and most powerful dreams I'd ever experienced. People around me changed in a way I have never seen, I was never late, I caught every bus on time without thinking about what time it even was, I had people come up to me only to lose their words etc and most importantly, I feared nothing, at all. I didn't fear who I was at the deepest darkest level, I didn't fear death, leaving my body consciously or hold any fear in any sense. It was a powerful and incredible experience and one that changed my view on life completely, much like when people have NDE's.
It was simply love and I believe everyone on this Earth deserves to feel that and it is what we should be striving for.
Imagine if instead of arming ourselves and arguing over things we cannot find evidence or proof for just yet, we simply came together as brothers and sisters of this planet and made amends in all ways.
It's possible, but hard to imagine at times, right? Literally, imagine the whole world in a place of constant love, zero fear, imagine what the human race would be capable of!

Interesting thoughts on the east/west dynamic. Lets hope 2012 may bring
us all a more honest and humble society.

Peace and love.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 11:47 PM
link   
And what if nothing special happens in 2012? What if we continue living our lives in fear and misery, with the entire world, falling apart like it is right now?

I think the real question we have to ask ourselve here is this.

What if nothing happens, positive or negative in 2012?

The current path humanity is on right now, is one that ends in disaster. We are using the earths resources faster than it can renew them. How long before this starts to affect us? How long before climate change hurts us?

Is there a future for humanity, beyond the next 100 years?

Personally, 2012, needs to bring about a disaster which wipes 90% of us out. It's the only way we can survive. Because if 2012 doesn't do it, we will end up doing it ourselves. The difference is, no one can survive if we do it ourselves.

So in a way, 2012 is a good thing, as it will ensure the survival of the human race.

It sad to think about, and sad to suggest, but its true. How many of you can actually see a future for humanity in this world? Look at the past 100 years..... Think about what it was like 100 years ago, which was only 1912, nearly the start of WWI...... Look at todays world, see how much has changed....? Now try to see 100 years from this day..... I see war, famine, poverty, hunger, thirst, and strange weather. I see nothing positive in our future. The earth is in decline, humanity reached it peak, and now its on the downward spiral. Sure technology will get better, but the real question is, will humans ever learn, that we need to work together in order to survive? We are all doomed unless we can.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join