It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First Hand account: Florida Beaches Are Polluted With Oil (I was wrong)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Getreadyalready, thank you so much for taking the time to post all this here! This is very important. Most of the MSM has been lying to the public since the beginning. We probably will not know what really happened in the Gulf for years, probably decades (when the guilty are dead).

As people sicken & die, it may actually dawn on some of the sheeple that this is murder -- slow murder.

You're not far from Apalachicola -- they used to have the best oysters on the Gulf.

SeaWind

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeaWind

Getreadyalready, thank you so much for taking the time to post all this here! This is very important. Most of the MSM has been lying to the public since the beginning. We probably will not know what really happened in the Gulf for years, probably decades (when the guilty are dead).

As people sicken & die, it may actually dawn on some of the sheeple that this is murder -- slow murder.

You're not far from Apalachicola -- they used to have the best oysters on the Gulf.

SeaWind

The Oysters here are awesome! I can't believe they haven't shut down Apalachicola Bay so far. That will be a gut-wrenching blow, but it is inevitable. I was still eating our local oysters up to about a week ago. I surely won't be eating them after seeing what I saw today! The problem is that they will still be shipping them inland, and the bigger game fish will still be eating them, or something else that ate them. The oil will move up the food chain over time until it affects us all.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cloudsinthesky
Wow, that’s not what you would expect to see from beaches when 75% of the oil has been recovered..

The area you were walking around looks like the sandbars on the Red River where I grew up.......Not the white sandy beaches you see in the postcards………

testtherain.com...

[edit on 17-8-2010 by Cloudsinthesky]

Cloudsinthesky, do you really believe that 75% of the oil (153.75 million gallons) has been recovered? Or are you just being sarcastic?

SeaWind

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 11:38 PM
link   
I like this thread, not only because you have gone out on your own, and presented the videos here for us...but mainly because you admitted you were wrong!

That doesn't happen very often on here. S&F for you!

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

Originally posted by SeaWind

SeaWind

The Oysters here are awesome! I can't believe they haven't shut down Apalachicola Bay so far. That will be a gut-wrenching blow, but it is inevitable. I was still eating our local oysters up to about a week ago. I surely won't be eating them after seeing what I saw today! The problem is that they will still be shipping them inland, and the bigger game fish will still be eating them, or something else that ate them. The oil will move up the food chain over time until it affects us all.

It's been about 12 years since I passed thru Apalachicola -- I remember what the Gulf used to be like. I could weep.

I saw some scientist being interviewed (youtube) about Corexit tests conducted on fish & red worms. Even after six months, minute amounts of Corexit in the water were enough to kill the red worms. Shrimp feed on the red worms. Corexit will not biodegrade as quickly as advertised.

I've read reports from marine biologists that there's a mass die-off of filter-feeders from the depths of the Gulf.

Corexit did NOT have to be used. JD2000 is not only more effective on Louisiana crude but comparatively NON-TOXIC.

BP is tied to Nalco that makes Corexit.

Just money? I'm going to lose you at this point: I believe in conspiracies, more specifically the Depopulation goal of the Global Elite. It has to look like an accident. They're killing us on purpose in so many different ways.

People are so eager to put the spill behind them, but we are really only at the beginning of this tragedy.

It's going to be even more heartbreaking as the full effects of this spill become apparent, not only to Gulf residents, but to the nation as a whole. Should I include the other countries in the Gulf?

SeaWind

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Today's Miami Herald had a couple of stories regarding the Gulf Oil Disaster.

One a report by a Georgia University claiming that up to 75% of the oil the flowed into the Gulf is still there, and it shares the concern of many members that the worst of the disaster is still looming.

There are actually two stories under the same title, they start out with the same information but end with different information.

Could Threat from the Gulf Still Remain? Report Says Yes #1

Could Threat from the Gulf Still Remain? Report Says Yes #2

Plus two articles appeared on Seafood From the Gulf:

One picked up by the Herald from Associated Press:

CSI For Seafood Gulf Fish Get Safety Test

Which was a bit rosier than the Heralds own article:

Study: Gulf Spill Still a Threat to Seafood

The Heralds article concluded through independent non-Government tests that shell fish in particular may not be safe to eat.

Pretty clear pattern emerging where the Government appears to be providing information that other reputable universtities and labs conducting independent studies are not concurring with.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Where is the control video? You know, the one that shows the beach before the oil spill. That beach looks just like all the other beaches around the Gulf Coast.

Gulf beaches have never looked like beaches from the Caribbean.

[edit on 18-8-2010 by Come Clean]

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by Cloudsinthesky

Yep Clouds. I have been an advocate of the dispersant this whole time. I know it has its own issues, but it seemed to be keeping the oil on the bottom and away from the beaches and marshes. Today I see first hand that it has taken the oil, broken it down to be almost undetectable, and spread it through the entire Gulf. Sure, it helps make the beaches look cleaner from the aerial shots. It would probably not be noticed by a novice to the beach, because they would take it as normal. But the oil is now impossible to recover, and impossible to avoid. It is in a fine suspension in the water. It is not floating on top or washing up as tar balls. It is just suspended and making for darker, cloudier water.

I have a degree in Chemistry, and I am a very experienced beach goer, and I allowed my kids to swim in it for probably 10-15 minutes before all the signs really sunk in and made sense. Had I not inadvertently dug a hole in the sand a few feet up the beach, I would have blamed all the darknes and dirtiness on the passing storm and the seaweed.

A company that actually cared about the environment & the people would have made every effort to skim/remove as much of the oil from the water as possible. A NON-TOXIC dispersant would only be used at the end of the removal operation, just to disperse the last bits of oil that were missed.

But BP does not care about either the environment or people.

SeaWind

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

I predicted several weeks ago the GOP would hire someone to counter what the government said.

Tell those quacks in Georgia to produce the video of their claim.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Bottom line, there are forces at work who do not want the Gulf States to get back on it's feet. They want people to be afraid to go to the beach. Why, if the economy get's better then that won't be good for the GOP. Why can't the Governors of those Gulf States do their own testing of the water? What's stopping them from doing that? They can tell their citizens if the water is good or bad. But they won't because they know it's good water.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 12:19 AM
link   
I tend to be someone who really appreciates what nature has to offer. I love the variety from the amazing New England coastline to the stunning desert here in Arizona. While I've not yet had the opportunity to visit the Gulf coast of Florida, from some odd reason, seeing these videos caused a "welling up" in me... perhaps because now I realize I may never will.

This is terrible.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Nearly 80 per cent of the oil spilled from a BP well in the Gulf of Mexico is still in the gulf, US scientists have estimated, challenging a more optimistic assessment by the US government earlier in the month. In its August 4 report, the National Oceanographic and Atmospheric Administration found that half the 4.9 million barrels of oil spilled by the April 20 blowout had been evaporated, burned, skimmed or dispersed. A team of five scientists from the University of Georgia did their own analysis of the government data and came to a different conclusion. "We just re-analysed this report... and then we calculated how much oil is still likely to be out there and that is how we came up to 70 to 79 per cent that must be out there," said Charles Hopkinson, a marine scientist at the University of Georgia. "One major misconception is that oil that has dissolved into water is gone and therefore, harmless. "The oil is still out there and it will likely take years to completely degrade. We are still far from a complete understanding of what its impacts are."

Source :www.abc.net.au...

It would seem that the 75% figure is incorrect.

After seeing the OP's vids, I tend to agree with the above news story posted here in Australia just a few hours ago.

Cheers

Mungo

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Sorry folks but I have to debunk this story. Looks the same in August of 2009 as it did August 2010. Look near the edge of the water. Same discoloration as the OP stated. Same chocolate milk as the OP suggested.

Nothing has changed at Bald Point.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 12:24 AM
link   
"getreadyalready - Why did you change the title??
"

NVM, title was changed back (close enough!). I see you havent been on in 45 min either...musta been a mod?

Anyway, Glad to see it's back!

[edit on 18-8-2010 by Wookiep]

[edit on 18-8-2010 by Wookiep]

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Come Clean

I predicted several weeks ago the GOP would hire someone to counter what the government said.

Tell those quacks in Georgia to produce the video of their claim.

What information do you have that the Georgia University conducting these studies was hired by the GOP?

Let's start out with that.

I think this situation is a little too important to people who's livelihoods and health could be affected to let political sniping and innuendo alone suffice as a means to dismiss scientific findings.

In fact from the onset, credible scientists have cautioned it will be years before the effects of what many have dubbed "One giant lab test in the Gulf will be known".

Now unless you think someone imagines President Obama rammed the well with his rubber duckie intertube and caused the disaster, you might want to keep the partisan barbs in the political forums.

This is about the Oil Disaster in the Gulf that will likely be adversely affecting people in the region for years to come.

Thanks.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shadowed
I don't even really know what to say. That makes me sick to my stomach. I also have an anger management issue with what has happened and the world just seems not to care. Now we have a tremendous amount of fires in Russia. Things are unraveling very fast of late it seems. S&F for this very sad topic. Thank you for the truth.

Shadowed, things are being "unraveled" on purpose. I believe the incredible number of simultaneous fires in Russia is NOT an accident. Nor is it an accident that the fires are reaching Chernobyl. If it reaches the decaying sarcophagus around Reactor #4, it could really do damage.

Talk about a mass kill.

The use of Corexit will also achieve a mass kill -- just more slowly. Many Gulf residents directly exposed to Corexit will not live to grow old. Those who are already old will have years shaved off their lives.

SeaWind

[edit on 18-8-2010 by SeaWind]

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 12:28 AM
link   

The issue is moot. I've already debunked the OP as that beach looks the same now as it did in 2009.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Come Clean

Do you have a video of someone digging into the sand in 2009 and seeing black-tinted water filling in the hole?

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 12:34 AM
link   

First off thanks for taking the time to create historical documentation.

Sadness really, when it first began it was downplayed.

Now even those who 'bought in' to the downplay must realize how bad this could be.

It's hang on time, my prayers for the people.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Come Clean
Sorry folks but I have to debunk this story. Looks the same in August of 2009 as it did August 2010. Look near the edge of the water. Same discoloration as the OP stated. Same chocolate milk as the OP suggested.

Nothing has changed at Bald Point.

Come Clean -

The video you showed indeed presents a lof of sea-weed (the Op explained that he thought the sea-weed was causing the dark water at first..)...The video in 2008 shows nothing to the extent that the OP posted in his videos. Where's the part where the camera man digs in the sand and exposes oil??

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join