It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First Hand account: Florida Beaches Are Polluted With Oil (I was wrong)

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by justadood

Well, I could do a whole new thread on all the reasons that Beach Houses are ridiculous, cumbersome, restrictive, and economically destructive!

When I said, "my back yard" I meant it figuratively as in my area. I live about 15-20 miles away, and I despise beach houses! They block the scenic view, the restrict the access to State, Federal, and Public lands. They are costly to the environment. They create an insurance nightmare that the average citizen has to subsidize in their own policy. I despise them!

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Thought I'd jump back in and point something out about Alligator Point.
"The National Resources Defense Council listed Alligator Point as one of the 10 most polluted beaches in America for 2008" -LINK

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by beaverg
Thought I'd jump back in and point something out about Alligator Point.
"The National Resources Defense Council listed Alligator Point as one of the 10 most polluted beaches in America for 2008" -LINK

WOW?!?!?!?!?

I've never heard that before. It says that it is polluted with fecal matter, and if you remember back, I did say that it had been closed for high bacteria levels on several occasions. They never specify "fecal" bacteria though!!

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 02:37 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   

An Open Letter To People On The Gulf Coast

Hello Everyone,
This is an open letter to people affected by the tragedy in the gulf. In a broader sense all of us humans on earth are affected by what has happened in the Gulf of Mexico. Our world is being destroyed and we seem powerless to stop this madness. I was born many years ago in south-east Texas and I have lived around the gulf most of my life. Some of my earliest memories are of the beautiful beaches of the gulf coast. My heart aches for all of the pain this madness has caused people and the death of millions of helpless animals.

As much as I would love to, I don't have a solution to this insanity we are now living through. In fact, I don't expect that we will ever get back to the way of life we used to have before this tragedy occurred. All I know is that people all over the world are experiencing similar life changing events right now because of war, drought, floods and other disasters. I understand that it does not lessen the pain you and your family are suffering, but please try to see in your heart that all of the people of this world are connected. We are all One. All good people really want is to live in peace, raise their families and enjoy life. That doesn't seem like much to ask. However, there are a small few that are so blinded by greed, fear and evil that they are willing to do anything for money and power. This will continue even to the point of them destroying themselves and us in their insatiable desire for always more. This is the worse type of insanity. These people are truly lost souls.

If you are still reading this, I would humbly submit to you the following facts for you to consider:

1) The people we are talking about here are true sociopaths and care nothing for anyone but themselves. They honestly don't understand or care about our suffering. They see this as a struggle for their own survival, true or imagined.

2) No amount of pressure or protesting will change these types of peoples minds. They only change when they are forced to and will then use all their power to circumvent anything they are forced to do.

3) They are supported by people in government that think exactly as they do. These insane people would not have made it to their current positions of power without "selling their souls" to other powerful people long ago.

4) Fighting these people with force will fail because they have all the power. In fact, they would welcome it. It would give them the opportunity for open conflict instead of political manoeuvring. They have well armed and trained armies at their disposal. This would just give them another reason for a military takeover.

4) Good people in other parts of the U.S. and the world are sympathetic to your pain, but are too afraid of losing what little they have to help the people of the Gulf region fight these criminals. Plus they feel they are powerless to stop these madmen. They are wrong, but that is their belief.

5) These people have a much larger agenda. Their desire for money and power is insatiable. They are willing to destroy their own country for world domination. Small people like us are considered to be expendable and no more than slaves to them.

So, why am I writing you this letter? Because I can't stand to see people suffering and children crying. My heart breaks for all of the suffering people in the world. I am just a simple, poor, old man that has no power to overthrow these tyrants, except with may heart. I can't make BP or the government do what is right or to help people rebuild their lives. So what can I offer you that can help? Please listen carefully when I humbly suggest that the answer to this suffering is internal (spiritual), not external (worldly). I am not a member of any church, cult or any other group. I am not asking for anything from you, I am just a man suggesting an idea for you to consider that I hope will help you find peace within all of this madness. I can only say that the answer is within each of you, as difficult as that is to believe right now. I have struggled with this understanding my whole life. I'm not talking about a religion or a group, but a personal, private journey. You don't need to give any money, go anywhere, buy anything, or find anyone. All you need to help you find true peace in this world you already have! Once you find inner peace you will become a brilliant beacon of light and will be able to help others around you find peace also. You will begin to realise that all of the craziness happening in the world is just an illusion or better stated a nightmare. It means nothing. Fear is our worst enemy. I am not trivialising the pain people are experiencing, it is VERY real. I am saying that we have the ability to see past these physical trials once you understand our life's true purpose. If any of what I am saying rings true with you, then you are already on the right path. Follow your heart and keep searching for the truth. If this seems like "bs", that is ok too. Maybe it will make sense in time. With the world changing so fast, humans must either evolve or die. Our lives must change whether we want them to or not. Where we live or even how we have to live is not important. It is WHY we live that we need to be concerned with. Thank you for listening to an old man's thoughts and I hope it connects in some way with your inner feelings.

In conclusion, I was guided to write to you out of compassion and love only. As I said, I have no power except the power of truth. I don't know all of the answers. I can only tell you where the path begins. The journey you take from there is yours alone. I wish you and your families all the best and you will be in my prayers.

Love,
A friend

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 11:33 PM
link   
NEW THREAD....NEW VIDEOS

www.abovetopsecret.com...

We went back to Bald Point, but my Droid is giving me a hard time uploading those videos. A couple are in the new thread.

We also went about 5 miles down the beach to St. Teresa. THere is some shocking video from the test holes we dug there.

We took a water sample from each location, and we found several small tar balls and collected them as well.

We also got some rumors from the locals about Corexit spraying nightly along the Coast line. Unfortunately we did not get any firsthand witnesses to that, only rumors, but they were pretty well-accepted rumors among the residents of St. Teresa.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   
maybe camp out on there for a while at night and listen for yourself?

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Friend Getready,
Thank You, for posting thr TRUTH. Yes, it came-thru, 5x5. The oil sheen, on the sand-filtered water, gross.
BP, should be ACTUALLY held responsible for this- except, I fear that is simply not possible. This level of damage, will take decades, to recover from. Spraying the Corexit, simply makes it so MUCH worse. Floating oil, could be collected. Dispersed oil, sinks, floats, evaporates, dissolves, and otherwise disperses into the environment, killing and poisoning wildlife and the environment.
EVERY fisherman/shellfisherman, will eventuall, be out of work, in the entire region. Every seafood restaurant, that bought cheap, local seafood, will close. How many, will lose their homes? Businesses? Lives?
barry s. publically stated, that HE would "make things right". Well, he can't. He's lied, about swimming there. He's lied, about the fish, being safe.
HE LIED, THE GULF DIED.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lil Drummerboy
maybe camp out on there for a while at night and listen for yourself?

I am considering this, but the wife is not on board yet. An infrared camera would easily show a C-130 or other airplane flying low along the beach.

I will keep looking into that approach.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 05:16 AM
link   
Sad to hear that. It just so is that the people deciding have too much money power. Thus all we can do is hope something comes in between the nature and us humans.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   

In Mississippi, says Gov. Haley Barbour, “almost anywhere on the coast, except the very far west, you couldn’t really tell anything had happened if you didn’t know what it looked like before.”

MSN Article Link

This is the problem!!

If you didn't frequent these areas regularly, you wouldn't notice the difference! That doesn't mean there is no difference, it only means that the difference is subtle and sneaky.

The Governor said more than he intended I think.

The article goes on to say that the mishandling of Katrina was such a complete failure that it became political shorthand for critics. I say that in 5 years the same will be true of the BP Deepwater Horizon!

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   
To Be Entirely fair and forthcoming:

There is another video in contrast to my videos. The man that made the video has worked at a lab in the area for the last 22 years. He gets his water from this very source for the water in his aquariums. He rehabs sealife and he has been diving these waters and walking these beaches almost daily for the last 22 years.

He does not think the videos are oil, he thinks it is Organic Peat, and he makes a great presentation. He says this has been a rainy year and the tannins are high and that is why the water is amber colored. Also, erosion has uncovered a lot of peat.

He does believe that dispersed oil is either already here, or will be here soon, and he is going to help with the water sampling project at www.testtherain.com...

He is not a disinfo agent, and is not contracted with BP, Nalco, or anybody else, and he has a vested interest in knowing exactly what is in the water that he pumps through his aquariums. I had the pleasure of spending the entire day with him on Aug. 28, and I believe him to be honest and knowledgeable.

We will wait until the water sample results come back before making any retractions or declaring the water clear, but here is the video in the spirit of full disclosure:

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Thanks Getreadyalready for taking the time to go visit the marine lab.

Your effort is commended.

But not all beaches can be explained as St Teresa’s beach with decaying organic peat. Just 300+ miles west of St Teresa’s sits Ocean Springs Mississippi.

No organic peat here, just plain crude oil.

testtherain.com...

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cloudsinthesky

Thanks Getreadyalready for taking the time to go visit the marine lab.

Your effort is commended.

But not all beaches can be explained as St Teresa’s beach with decaying organic peat. Just 300+ miles west of St Teresa’s sits Ocean Springs Mississippi.

No organic peat here, just plain crude oil.

testtherain.com...

Clouds, you are exactly right, and you don't have to go 300 miles. Less than 50 miles to the west is St. George Island, and it had 71 confirmed tar balls on the same day as my original videos. Also, the man in this contrasting video is in touch with several universities, and there is confirmed oil, just off shore in the "valley" or trench that is a breeding ground for many species of marine life. The oil is lying in wait, and the first storm will certainly bring it ashore.

He also told me that the death of sea turtles and other life was almost double this year compared to his last 22 years. He has no way to confirm that it is related to the BP leak, and all of his aquariums monetary claims have been denied by BP!

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   

what about animals: what is now & what was before??? however, different vids show lack of animals -- that isn't even in the Chernobyl area!!

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Even though the water is clearer than it was a few weeks ago, you can still tell it's a bit hazy, I took these pictures before the oil reached Florida and yes the beach is literally in my back yard as my house is located off of Navarre Beach near Gulf Breeze.

[edit on 29-8-2010 by pill]

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by justadood

Well, I could do a whole new thread on all the reasons that Beach Houses are ridiculous, cumbersome, restrictive, and economically destructive!

When I said, "my back yard" I meant it figuratively as in my area. I live about 15-20 miles away, and I despise beach houses! They block the scenic view, the restrict the access to State, Federal, and Public lands. They are costly to the environment. They create an insurance nightmare that the average citizen has to subsidize in their own policy. I despise them!

Won't disagree there, my parents purchased a beach house which is where i'm living currently and it was the worst investment they ever made.

We had to build up a seawall because when the tide rises especially from hurricanes, it's what will protect your house from being flooded.

The cost and insurance is insane and good luck trying to sell the house on the market.

The scenic view it depends, I think the hotels are much much worse, but I think 2 or 3 condos would probably be better than a bunch of houses located off the beach scattered everywhere as at least it condenses where people are living. We have a national park here that is protected where there are no houses for 25 miles and it's a very nice view. The sand is so white it looks like your driving through mountains of snow.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by pill
Even though the water is clearer than it was a few weeks ago, you can still tell it's a bit hazy, I took these pictures before the oil reached Florida and yes the beach is literally in my back yard as my house is located off of Navarre Beach near Gulf Breeze.

that's really Beauty
could ye upload new photos for current days?

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by SarK0Y

Originally posted by pill
**SNIP**

that's really Beauty
could ye upload new photos for current days?

It's been raining a lot here the past few days as well as today but I will try to get some pictures this week.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   
@pill
what about grass after rains??? that's perfectly crucial point!
Have all Good.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join