It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My UFO experience, what do you guys think this could have been?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I'll start off by saying that I am don't have a particularly strong belief in UFO's being extra terrestrial or not as I don't feel I have any evidence either way on which to base any conclusions. I have however had an odd experience that I wondered if any of you guys feel you could help me explain, either some kind of natural phenomena, or something else I'm open to any explanations.

Anyhow my experience happened while I was working for a charity in Greece that helped to monitor the Sea Turtle population on the coast of the Greek mainland, this work involved walking down the beaches at night, looking for Turtle tracks, tagging adult Turtles, and marking new nests to be protected. I basically lived on the beach out of a tent for around three months at a time with about 5 other people, cooking in a shelter we constructed from branches and fronds, and mostly sleeping outside.

The area we were in was pretty rural, mostly farms but with a few small towns you can find it here if you are interested.

OK on to the UFO, one night at about midnight I was walking down the beech with another guy when I suddenly noticed that the sky had a strange dark green tint to it, just as I noticed this I also noticed that a strange, slightly oppressive feeling came over me, kind of like being scared of something, but not knowing what, I also started to feel strangely heavy, this carried on for a few seconds and then there was a bright flash in the sky (which also had a green tinge to it) and two bright white objects that looked like stars shot across the sky, but not in a straight line, they appeared to enter from the right and then make a kind of loop around each other and then shoot off away from us in a straight line.
AS soon as it was over the heavy feeling lifted instantly.
This all happened in around 10 seconds, I looked across at my friend in shock and he looked back at me in the same way, but for some reason all I could think of to say was "wow that was really weird", "yeah" he replied and we just carried on walking as if nothing had happened.

I never really discussed what happened, even with the guy I was with, for some reason.

So do any of you have any idea?

A few more things that may help, the sky in that area is stunningly clear and you can easily see shooting stars and the milky way but I had already seen dozens of shooting stars on that trip and it didn't look like those.
I was not drunk, or on any kind of drugs.

Sorry for the long post, but I'm really interested in any opinions about what I might have seen.

[edit on 17-8-2010 by davespanners]

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

Davespanners.....

Your description of the.....

- Appearance of the objects

- "Flight" characteristics of the objects

- Feeling off "trepidation", heaviness, etc...

- General ambience of "weirdness

.....is typical of many sightings of "unknowns".

In your position, the first things I would want to do are:

- File an official report with an entity such as MUFON of similar

- Search on-line for any reports of your "incident"

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

[edit on 17-8-2010 by Maybe...maybe not]

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Thank you!

I was wondering if my experience fitted in with other reports and things, I haven't ever really studied UFO reports so I didn't know.

I don't know if it's worth reporting though as it happened years ago

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by davespanners
Thank you!
I was wondering if my experience fitted in with other reports and things, I haven't ever really studied UFO reports so I didn't know.
I don't know if it's worth reporting though as it happened years ago

Davespanners.....

You are very welcome!

I guess I probably wouldn't bother reporting it either, if "it happened years ago".

Why don't you search on-line for similar sightings around that time & location, in case something of interest is available?

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 02:48 AM
link   
Same old same old.
Don't really believe? Or simply don't want nay sayers making you look a fool?
You ask our opinion yet its your experience how about you start again and tell us what YOU see feel hear etc etc.?
We are not alone and all will be made very clear. The changes going on globally are all part and parcel.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 03:49 AM
link   
If you believe, it has significantly effected you, then it is true.

Unfortunately, there will be people here trying to prove your experience as a Figment of imagination.

If you prove that you are intelligent and intellect is above average, then they will say you are obsessed with your own grandeur and your delusion etc. blah blah

Enough number of people are there who can stand-out clearly and say that Life exists elsewhere just like on this planet.

But, are we the only folks in this universe who deny "the other folks" existence?

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by jazz10
Same old same old.
Don't really believe? Or simply don't want nay sayers making you look a fool?
You ask our opinion yet its your experience how about you start again and tell us what YOU see feel hear etc etc.?

I can honestly say that if pushed on he subject I would probably put it down to some kind of odd natural phenomena (like some kind of northern lights) then aliens, so no I really don't "believe" I don't have a strong belief either way though because it's not something that I have spent a long time thinking about outside of watching a few badly made Discovery channel programs on the subject.

It may seem strange for someone who has had such an experience to not really think about it much, but part of the whole oddness of that night was that as soon as it was over it felt almost like it was perfectly normal, as I said my friend an I didn't even discuss it between us.

The only reason I posted it at all is because it's one of the only experiences I have ever had that I truly think of as odd, and outside the realm of my normal life, and this seemed like a good place to discuss it

I think I described what I saw and felt in the best way that I could, as to what I heard, I can't say that I remember any sound at all associated with the experience.

[edit on 18-8-2010 by davespanners]

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 09:22 AM
link   
When normal people see abnormal unexplained things in the sky it starts a search, which leads to even more questions than answers. The bottom line is: Its what it is.. what ever will be, will be. The fact is we have very little control over anything in life. Most educated people walk around in denial, and fear, it is out side of their comfort zone to realize we are on a rock floating in a vast universe. All kinds of posibilities really do exist.
The older you become you will see most of what others say and do is pure bull****. We live, we die. It's really simple, others try to create their own
special realities for stability, real life is very scary and amazing.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   
An interesting account. Thanks for sharing !

One of the UFO's I have witnessed as well as my Wife, was a bright lime green color.

I have actually seen this type of UFO on more than one occasion, once during the day while in traffic on a major highway and another time in rural New Hampshire at night.

At night it was close to the ground near treetop level and illuminated everything around it in a greenish hue.

It almost appeared to be searching for something. Perhaps they are seeking minerals or even magnetic lay lines in which to recharge their craft ?

It flew around with a sense of purpose and then suddenly just blinked off ! Perhaps it was done searching or charging ?

The craft was completely silent and evidently they are flying by using some form of magnetic propulsion.

Which might have been what you were feeling, which were the electro magnetic fields emitted by these objects, enabling them to fly.

If they are altering the gravitational fields around them then that energy field might be felt by some in the presence of such strong fields.

The sense of fear is often times associated with intense magnetic fields.

The fact that you were near the ocean also raises the possibility that these objects might have been underwater.

Thanks for sharing. This sharing of paranormal experiences is what brings me back to ATS.

top topics

join