It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jews, Muslims Make Pilgrimage To Auschwitz

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I thought I'd post this in "political madness" forum for levity and also to contrast the heated and emotional debate that is raging in many, many threads about the planned mosque NEAR ground zero.

Jews, Muslims Make Pilgrimage To Auschwitz .

On their return, the eight imams released a statement citing the 6 million Jewish deaths in the Holocaust, among 12 million Holocaust deaths overall. It added, "We condemn any attempts to deny this historical reality and declare such denials or any justification of this tragedy as against the Islamic code of ethics."

In interviews, the imams said the trip affected them deeply. "The experience was overwhelming," Qadhi said. "It was a very moving experience for all of us imams, in particular myself. I had never seen anything like this. I was just overwhelmed throughout the entire trip. I was just overwhelmed at the sheer inhumanity of it. I could not comprehend how such evil could be unleashed."

Huffington Post

It's rare to come across a positive and uplifting article amidst all the negativity in the MSM nowadays. I hope they use this experience to lend a constructive hand in some of the more contentious / decisive debates that seem to fill our screens everyday. We are all humans and have much to learn from each other.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   
And they made it all the way there and back without slaughtering each other? Things are looking good!

Obviously I've not got anything constructive to add other than THANK YOU for talking about Jews and Muslims in a way that doesn't make me give up all hope!

new topics

join