It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

150 shrimpers report “underwater plumes” of oil; Top official says “QUIT TALKING about it”

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by StealthyKat
why are you insulting me for no reason? ...what is it you don't believe about what I posted? I just said I saw people selling and buying shrimp LOL!

I just don't believe StealthyKat. You shouldn't be insulted by that... Why should I believe the word of someone I don’t know with a fictitious name that means a “sneaky cat?” Many usernames don't believe what soleprobe says either and I don't take it as an insult. This is the Internet not the real world in its totality: friends and relatives and their kids playing in your back yard and your brother who’s had too much to drink says you’re too fat. You should never feel insulted when a username says it doesn’t believe you on the Internet. If you do it may be time for you to take a break from the Internet because for you it’s becoming the real world in its totality.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 02:55 AM
link   
reply to post by soleprobe

What's your point on being on a website like this one then? You can make your own mind without any evidence, so you can make "your own truth"...

I have to wonder why anyone like you would apply, and respond in a website where almost everyone is annonymous since you claim you don't want to believe what anyone says and "your instincts are ALWAYS right"...

Why come here? make your own stories in your mind since you don't need the input of other people...

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by justadood
Thats a nice anti "AGW" rant. But you are making a lot of sweeping generalizations. LOTS of environmental groups are VERY concerned about this spill and dispersant use. Including those who do in fact believe that man-mad influences are effecting our Global Climate.

So you are apparently drawing false lines around the two not-necessarily-different issues.

And it is the truth, most if not all environmental groups are still more concerned about backing the lie that is AGW than to actually try to fight for real issues which are affecting us. We are still even seeing some members do the same in the forums trying to revive the AGW lie after the most ardent scientist proponents of the AGW were caught posting lies, disninformation, hiding results which contradict the AGW scam, and were caught even making comments that they would do everything legal and illegal to keep people in the dark and keep the AGW lie alive...

BTW AGW, and the oil leak are two VERY different things.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by soleprobe

why are you insulting me for no reason? ...what is it you don't believe about what I posted? I just said I saw people selling and buying shrimp LOL!

I just don't believe StealthyKat. You shouldn't be insulted by that... Why should I believe the word of someone I don’t know with a fictitious name that means a “sneaky cat?” Many usernames don't believe what soleprobe says either and I don't take it as an insult. This is the Internet not the real world in its totality: friends and relatives and their kids playing in your back yard and your brother who’s had too much to drink says you’re too fat. You should never feel insulted when a username says it doesn’t believe you on the Internet. If you do it may be time for you to take a break from the Internet because for you it’s becoming the real world in its totality.

LOL! I think it is you who needs the break from the internet dude.....when you start analyzing people's screen names.....that's a bit much. This is a forum for God's sake.....You never answered my question. What did I post that you don't believe? That people are eating and selling shrimp? Never mind....don't answer because I really don't care. This is the last response to a ridiculous arguement....not going to be attacked by you or play games. That is not what I come here for. BTW, if you want to analyze screen names, look at your own.....soleprobe....translation "foot poker" Later!

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 08:25 AM
link   
This makes me sick... The government dropped the Ball form the beginning. I am so frustrated by all of this it makes me want to puke

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by ElectricUniverse

What's your point on being on a website like this one then? You can make your own mind without any evidence, so you can make "your own truth"...

I have to wonder why anyone like you would apply, and respond in a website where almost everyone is annonymous since you claim you don't want to believe what anyone says and "your instincts are ALWAYS right"...

Why come here? make your own stories in your mind since you don't need the input of other people...

Exactly! Sorry to clog up your thread with BS....I am not responding to it anymore.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Check this out.... www.consumerenergyreport.com...

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 09:33 AM
link   

You can only trust your gut, ...

... like in when you eat it and you get sick? By that time its kinda late I think.

Common sense will tell you that dispersant is not a good food source. In fact it will make you sick. Common sense will also tell you that the stuff just didn't disappear overnight. It's still in the water and will be for a while.

Same with the oil. It is still there too. If its in the water the fish and shrimp will be contaminated. Not sure what your motivation is in trying to dismiss this issue.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   

You never answered my question. What did I post that you don't believe?

I already answered you... and I'll answer you again: everything.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   

You never answered my question. What did I post that you don't believe?

I already answered you... and I'll answer you again: everything.

Guess what? I don't care. I have better things to do than waste my time on this kind of immature BS....you are officially ignored.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by wayno
Common sense will tell you that dispersant is not a good food source.

Yes… If they’ve been using a lot of these dispersants, which I do not know the amount with absolute certainty because of the sources, and knowing that chemical dispersants are not in the edible food category they are “not a good food source.”

Same with the oil. … If its in the water the fish and shrimp will be contaminated.

Yes… too much crude is never good for marine life. Weather there’s enough oil there to harm marine life is still uncertain… again because of the sources.

Not sure what your motivation is in trying to dismiss this issue.

I have one motivation: truth. Truth can only be verified by trustworthy sources and so far ALL the current sources (MSM, government, BP) have already been caught lying.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   

you are officially ignored.

Wonderful

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

Electric....have you seen this? www.sunshinestatenews.com...

We went out in the boat this past weekend, and I didn't see nearly as much in the marshes.......

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Where have I made up my mind without any evidence? The words of anonymous usernames are not “evidence.”

My house is green. I live in Newfoundland, I have seven kids, I ate bison the other day.

What evidence did I present for you to believe anything that I said above?

I have to wonder why anyone like you would apply,

So the only people who should be here are those who believe the words of anonymous usernames without any evidence to verify if what they are saying is true. Like no usernames here ever lie about where they live, what they do, what they’ve seen or what they’ve heard. One username could be used by 3 or 4 different entities… Or one entity could have 3 or 4 usernames from 3 or 4 different workstations at the same location or different locations. How would you know?

Of course the establishment abhors the type of people who can’t discard their innate intuition and jump into a virtual online world and treat it as reality. Those types need either further conditioning or to be encouraged not to “apply.” And that encouragement often comes from those who have been fully conditioned.

…. you claim you don't want to believe what anyone says and "your instincts are ALWAYS right"...

I never believe what usernames say without evidence. And I never said my instincts are “ALWAYS right” You either carelessly misquoted me or deliberately misquoted me. My exact quote was “Then use my gut instincts, which are reliable most of the time” And based upon your misquote my gut instincts, which I heed seeing they are “reliable most of the time”, are telling me to give you less credibility.

Not believing does not mean I do not consider what usernames say. I read what they say and based upon several factors: information I’ve read or heard to the contrary or in support, solid evidence I’ve seen or heard to the contrary or in support, gut instincts etc… I then choose one of three options: believe, disbelieve, or view it as a possibility but not a certainty and keep it in my mind for future consideration should more information be presented to support or not support

Why come here?

Because I choose to be here. And when my “gut” tells me my purpose for being here is completed I will leave.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   
While it does seem like this thread has evolved into a 'I believe' or 'I don't believe' discussion, it does make me think of a few points.

The possibilities are:

The Oil Spill 'Doomers' that believe in every possible conspiracy are probably about 49.5% correct.

The Oil Spill 'Buy more BP shares' people that argue agaisnt every single conspiracy are probably about 49.5% correct.

To me, the 1% difference between the two groups represent the probablity of there being 'things' that no one know about the spill.

IMO, I do believe that the goverment does not tell us everything about a great many issues. I also believe that it is in BP's interest to cover up as much as possible and do everything they can to control the media. Some of the things that both BP and the Fed do might actually be benign, like donating to charities, but I also think that a lot of what they do is not in the interests of the masses quite often.

I do not think the live underwater cams are good enough here. Why can't we have live C-Span coverage of the scientists doing the tests on the water quality and oil plumes?

Whether or not the final number that BP and the Fed says leaked is accurate, the flow rate was quite large for a relatively long time. We are hearing from one direction that the oil is almost all gone, and from other sources we are hearing that maybe only half of it is gone.

I would like to see direct live feeds of the oil and water sampling testers. Why don't they do sampling at specifc 5 or 10 mile rings extending out from the Deepwater Horizon at sea level and then depths of 100 or 500 ft increments all the way down to the depth of the oil leak and at the same time, while doing that, keep it completely 'transparent' to the media and the public?

It might be costly, but the reward would be to completely understand the magnitude of the oil spill, and quite possibly, shut-up either side of the 'Doom and Gloom' or 'Everything is Perfectly Normal people'!

Until then, carry on trying to prove to each other that your side was right.

Personally, I think it sucks how much Mother Earth is attacked by humans all the time. And it would help knowing the depth and magnitude of our ecological attacks, to help understand just how much it actually sucks!

Cheers

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by lasertaglover

It’s unrealistic to divide 99% of the observers of this event evenly down the middle into two extreme groups: those who believe in ALL conspiracies and those who don’t believe in a single conspiracy and promote the sale of BP shares.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   

True, it was meant as a generalization to drive a point across.

Actually, I assumed several generalizations. I do realize that there are a number of very polarized groups on both sides of the fence, and that in all reality it may be that one side is more like 75% correct and the other side 25% correct, than an easy 49.5%.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Where have I made up my mind without any evidence? The words of anonymous usernames are not “evidence.”
Because I choose to be here. And when my “gut” tells me my purpose for being here is completed I will leave.

Why?... You made it very clear in your first response...

Who’s word can you trust on this? ATS fear mongers who’ve been caught lying (phony pics, phony videos and phony reports), MSM, Federal government and BP who lie routinely?

You can only trust your gut, old friends and relatives… just like old times. One should NEVER trust the word of anonymous bloggers especially with avatars of fictitious characters.

Anyway, stop your bs already, if you want to start a thread about how you don't want to believe anyone who has a username then make up your own thread but stay away from this one.

NO MORE RED HERRINGS, just stop it already.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Anyway, stop your bs already

BS? You’re the one full of BS.

BS #1: anonymous username hearsay is “evidence”
BS #2: deliberately misquoting me
BS #3: I already stopped three posts earlier… but you continue with more bs…

So stop it with your BSing

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 05:22 AM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

Too bad there isn't a "block"option....you need a can of "troll be gone" LOL!But what do I know....I'm just a username and a ficticious blogger *yawn*

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join