It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

150 shrimpers report “underwater plumes” of oil; Top official says “QUIT TALKING about it”

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Not sure if this was posted or not.

“We had a meeting Wednesday night where we had over 150 shrimpers… who are saying there is oil out there and these underwater plumes are varying in size and shape. This stuff is obviously moving around out there,” Louie Miller, state director of the Mississippi Sierra Club, said to the Press-Register.

William Walker, executive director of the Mississippi Department of Marine Resources responded, “Quit talking about it without any evidence what you are saying is true.”

According to the report, Miller said, “The existence of oil is irrefutable… Oil has reappeared on beaches in Alabama, Petit Bois and Horn islands and continues to wash ashore in Louisiana, he said… there also is evidence of submerged oil. ‘It is a weird thing. It is like strands, this black water, as they are calling it. It is like strands that are about three to four times the thickness of human hair. These things can be about foot-and-a-half, to five- to six-feet-long.’”

“To open up these waters, in my opinion, is nothing more than to limit the liability of BP to pay claims… “Because now they can deny any claims after the time at which these waters were opened back up,” Miller said to the paper.

www.floridaoilspilllaw.com...

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   
150 Shrimpers putting their work in jeopardy - sounds very much like the truth to me!

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Thinking they should start collecting some evidence.

Are they out there shrimping? Or still cleaning up? If they're shrimping, are people actually eating this shrimp?

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   

“To open up these waters, in my opinion, is nothing more than to limit the liability of BP to pay claims… “Because now they can deny any claims after the time at which these waters were opened back up,” Miller said to the paper.

this weighs in heavy to me....follow da money!

spec

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Just watching Keith Olberman show on MSNBC, talking about the fish sniffing and testing, and the people in charge of the testing have said the amount of dispersent or toxins in the fish is probably what you would get from ingesting toothpaste.

I thought you were supposed to avoid swallowing toothpaste

I am starting to see more people on the news shows questioning the oil under the surface of the water, and the dispersants. Not near enough people are seeing these news shows though.

There was a scientist on Canada AM news this morning being interviewed about the shrimp. He said it was probably ok, until she asked him if he would feed it to his children. He did NOT give a clear answer.

There is no test still other than sniffing. Now they're sniffing for windex type smells and oil.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   
I have seen it with my own eyes. There is Oil droplets all in the water column and some of it sticks to the shrimp nets, boards, lines and chains.

I will try to get some photos of it but they are realy small, and wipe off easily thanks to the dispersant.

ETA

Comments from the fishermen were both pointed and personal. One commercial fisherman said they're ready to call for the resignation of DMR director, Dr. Bill Walker.

They claim DMR is ignoring their reports of oil in the Mississippi Sound.

Source

[edit on 17-8-2010 by SWCCFAN]

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   
The government and BP get called out on lie after lie. Yet they continue without shame. Here is a video showing the honest outrage.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   
These are the type of fights that environmentalists should be fighting, and not backing the AGW lie.

The real issues are being avoided like a plague meanwhile environmental groups and governments are just trying to force feed the AGW lie to people just to establish their draconian eutopia that is the One World Government.

Governments, policy makers, and most environmental groups are content with baking the AGW scam just to gain some control over people, but they are not interested in cleaning up the real toxic chemicals being spilled into our oceans, and the real toxic gases released into the atmosphere.

No, instead they blame a NATURAL gas which every living thing exhales and NEEDS, since all green biomass like trees use CO2 to produce oxygen.

They do this because since CO2 is released by EVERY living thing it can be blamed on people, more draconian laws can be implemented to control us, and to squeeze us of every penny we have.

And that's not to mention the fact that they are avoiding the real issues because it helps with their "depopulation schemes."

[edit on 17-8-2010 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Drunkenshrew

I am one who doesn't entirely buy Kendra's 'outrage'.

Something about it is too packaged.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by ElectricUniverse
These are the type of fights that environmentalists should be fighting, and not backing the AGW lie.

Governments, policy makers, and most environmental groups are content with baking the AGW scam just to gain some control over people, but they are not interested in cleaning up the real toxic chemicals being spilled into our oceans, and the real toxic gases released into the atmosphere.
[edit on 17-8-2010 by ElectricUniverse]

Thats a nice anti "AGW" rant. But you are making a lot of sweeping generalizations. LOTS of environmental groups are VERY concerned about this spill and dispersant use. Including those who do in fact believe that man-mad influences are effecting our Global Climate.

So you are apparently drawing false lines around the two not-necessarily-different issues.

[edit on 17-8-2010 by justadood]

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   
So it’s the word of Louie Miller, state director of the Mississippi Sierra Club, a phony “grassroots” globalists backed environmental movement that promotes the fraudulent manmade global warming agenda as real science against the word of William Walker, the executive director of the Mississippi Department of Marine Resources.

I went to the original source of the article, not that fear mongering website the OP posted www.floridaoilspilllaw.com that was supposedly set up and paid for by an individual Florida resident to help “inform people about the extent of this disaster.” The individual certainly has got himself some high profile advertisements on that site, like Toyota and World Energy Research even though he says, “I founded the site, I pay for it, and I put up the content.”

In the original article posted at: blog.gulflive.com... William Walker of the Mississippi Department of Marine Resources says to the director of the Sierra Club:

"If you are not going to validate what you are saying through accepted scientific protocol and approaches, then quit talking about it without any evidence what you are saying is true,"

Hmmm… ignoring “accepted scientific protocol” … Where have I heard that practice before? Oh yes… the fraudulent manmade global warming cabal under the control of the bankster founded IPCC.

The original article points out that Walker gave out “his office number, 228-374-5010, has been on local television for people to report oil material in the Mississippi Sound, but NO CALLS have been received. And, he said, he has given his cell phone number to fishermen, but HAS NOT RECEIVED A CALL.”

So the establishment fear mongers pulled what Walker said, “quit talking about it” right out of context and twisted it into a statement of ignorant denial.

If one just follows the source it always leads to the same cabal: the globalists criminals who want to bring down America.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by soleprobe

If one just follows the source it always leads to the same cabal: the globalists criminals who want to bring down America.

Americans seem to be doing that just fine on their own.

What do you mean by "America'?

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by justadood

Americans know what I mean

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 04:55 AM
link   
This is war... God I hope it doesn't get out of control.
Alex jones and his fema death camps bs what has that guy manifested on us all?

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
Thinking they should start collecting some evidence.

Are they out there shrimping? Or still cleaning up? If they're shrimping, are people actually eating this shrimp?

I live in New Orleans....yesterday, I had to go to Baton Rouge....the WHOLE way there, I saw seafood stands (where people sell their days catch on the side of the road....people were lined up buying it! I couldn't believe it! The government is telling everyone it's ok...and apparently they are believing it...*sigh*....personally, I haven't eaten any since the spill, and I won't. Just doesn't feel safe to me and I don't think it's safe right now. God bless the shrimpers and fisherman here....they are hurting and I think a lot of people may wind up sick from trusting the government's word on this.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by StealthyKat
they are hurting and I think a lot of people may wind up sick from trusting the government's word on this.

Who’s word can you trust on this? ATS fear mongers who’ve been caught lying (phony pics, phony videos and phony reports), MSM, Federal government and BP who lie routinely?

You can only trust your gut, old friends and relatives… just like old times. One should NEVER trust the word of anonymous bloggers especially with avatars of fictitious characters.

[edit on 18-8-2010 by soleprobe]

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   

they are hurting and I think a lot of people may wind up sick from trusting the government's word on this.

Who’s word can you trust on this? ATS fear mongers who’ve been caught lying (phony pics, phony videos and phony reports), MSM, Federal government and BP who lie routinely?

You can only trust your gut, old friends and relatives… just like old times. One should NEVER trust the word of anonymous bloggers especially with avatars of fictitious characters.

[edit on 18-8-2010 by soleprobe]

Are you referring to me? Let me assure you I am no fear monger. I live in the middle of all this. I am just reporting what I see and experience, since I live here and have all my life. So I think I have a good idea of what is and isn't normal here. Not telling anyone what to do in any way. They let the shrimpers go out, they caught shrimp, sold it, and people are eating it. AND NOW, we hear on the news that the oil is being found at the bottom of the gulf....where the shrimp live. This was reported in the news yesterday. So I choose not to eat seafood at this time.....that was all I was saying. Do you live near the Gulf?

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Are you referring to me? …I live in the middle of all this. I am just reporting what I see and experience, since I live here and have all my life.

I'm referring to ALL anonymous bloggers including those with avatars of fictitious characters.

I have absolutely no reason to believe anything you say because I don’t know you. I consider it foolishness to believe the words of someone I don’t know.

I can only take all the information and scrutinize the sources. Then use my gut instincts, which are reliable most of the time, to draw conclusions no matter how popular or unpopular those conclusions are. Everyone has innate survival instincts they can use to protect themselves from falsehood but many have been conditioned not to use them. They blindly trust information from sources that have been PROVEN REPEATEDLY to be unreliable such as government, media, corporations or fictitious bloggers they no nothing about.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Are you referring to me? …I live in the middle of all this. I am just reporting what I see and experience, since I live here and have all my life.

I'm referring to ALL anonymous bloggers including those with avatars of fictitious characters.

I have absolutely no reason to believe anything you say because I don’t know you. I consider it foolishness to believe the words of someone I don’t know.

I can only take all the information and scrutinize the sources. Then use my gut instincts, which are reliable most of the time, to draw conclusions no matter how popular or unpopular those conclusions are. Everyone has innate survival instincts they can use to protect themselves from falsehood but many have been conditioned not to use them. They blindly trust information from sources that have been PROVEN REPEATEDLY to be unreliable such as government, media, corporations or fictitious bloggers they no nothing about.

You're right....you don't know me, so why are you insulting me for no reason? How do you know who I trust and don't trust? You assume a lot. I listen to every one's point of view, and respond without being rude. Most people don't put their real names or photos on their avatar.....including you....... If you don't want to hear from "people you don't know", you should not be on a forum like this, since I doubt you know everyone on here.. .....if hearing "strangers" opinions makes you that uncomfortable, invite your close trusted friends over and discuss it with them. But please don't come on her insinuating things about people you know "nothing about." This thread is about shrimpers seeing underwater plumes....NOT people's avatars.
BTW....what is it you don't believe about what I posted? I just said I saw people selling and buying shrimp LOL!

[edit on 18-8-2010 by StealthyKat]

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by justadood

Americans know what I mean

Really? As in some of America is more American than other parts of America "America"?

Or as in; you're avoiding my question with a vague and broad comment about Nationality?

[edit on 18-8-2010 by justadood]

<<   2  3 >>

join