It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Empathic Civilization (Video)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Author and Social Commentator Jeremy Rifkin tells us how to build a new civilization based on psychological studies describing a new caring, loving version of human nature. We're not greedy, aggressive and impulsive. We want to belong and share and be creative. We need to build a civilization based on this new scientific research.

Like it or not this is what the studies show. Keep in mind that psychology and sociology weren't evn around when we founded our pandemic democratic-capitalistic culture. Its time to update our civilization to current scientific research.

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 17-8-2010 by doctornamtab]

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Ok I was really struggling to embed that video. I gave up and posted a link. Any help on embedding video would be greatly appreciated.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 11:12 PM
link   
I only watched the animated one - very impressive, I'm going to spread the word to everyone I know.

Basically goes back to the Rastafarian tradition of One Love.

star+flag

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 04:23 AM
link   
It sounds great but the skeptic in me suggests caution. Some of the greatest crimes are committed through exploiting this human altruism (empathy)

The old saying goes "The road to hell is paved with good intentions"

"A man should always have two reasons for doing anything: a good reason and the real reason" - J.P. Morgan

Example:

Womens lib was funded by the Rockefeller's as a way of creating 2 taxpayers in every family, and also so they could indoctrinate children at an earlier age. (see video below)

Could this be the spark in creating a movement where people would accept a "one world government" ?

I don't know, but I tend to err on the side of caution.

Google Video Link

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 04:49 AM
link   
Great video, I had a look at some of the others and came over this one called Smile or Die,

Struck me as very true in todays world.

new topics

top topics

join