It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Karzai to Afghan contractors: Join us or leave

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Karzai to Afghan contractors: Join us or leave

news.blogs.cnn.com

Afghan President Hamid Karzai is upping the ante, if you will, by declaring that within four months, security firms operating in his country either become part of the Afghan National Police force or find something else to do.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   
How is this suppose to work I wonder. Can it even really be done? Personally I think it'd be great for contractors to be part of the Afghan police. That should free up a lot more of our military to enable them to operate more efficiently in capacity. Afghan police force is already being trained by contractors. So why not? Do YOU think it's a good idea? What are you thoughts?

news.blogs.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Afghan president Hamid Karzai has ordered all private security firms in the country to disband within four months to prevent the misuse of weapons that could cause "heart-breaking and tragic incidents".

"I approve the full disbandment of private security companies, both national and international, within four months," Mr Karzai said.
Karzai orders ban on private security firms

Interesting development, PMCs should join proper army and police forces, I'm interested to see how the Pentagon responds to this... Whose paying for these PMCs, no doubt Afghanistan on massive loans from the US and World Bank etc.

new topics

join