It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Governments ( boys and their toys)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Now, we all know the world is in a bad place, and we all know that another world war could be just round the corner, but unlike alot of people, i am sick of all this crap. So many people are so patriotic, but i hate that, and i believe thats one of the reasons the world is in such a bad place.

When i look at leaders around the world, i just see children acting out the things they used to do when they were kids. There is always this "us and them" and i hate this.

When are we going to realise that we are all human, all related, from the same place. We are all family. We all came from the earth, and you could say the earth is our mother. This "us and them" will be the death of us all, and we won't even have a say in it.

I am sick of the violence, the hatred, and the greed that controls this planet. We are obsessed with being better than the next country. We spend billions of pounds a year on new militery weapons, when this money could be going into something that can benifit this planet.

Imagine if we were united. Imagine where we would be now. Maybe we would be travelling through space right now, at least be able to put a man on Mars .

I know that we are still a very primitive race, but the worrying thing is, we are still very primitive in thinking, but our technology is advancing, and this is very bad!

I really don't care what country i live in. All i care about is the human race, thats all that matters to me. Until we start looking at the human race this way, then im afraid we will not last very long.

When i watch the news, all i see is violence,pain,war etc and i really feel ashamed to be human, i really do. You only have to look back in history to see all the wars that have come and gone. But if there was another world war, with the technology we now have, then im sure it will be a war to end all wars.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Very true.
Imagine how far the human race could or would advance in space, sciences, education, and medicines, if so much wasn't spent on wars, weapons, and other ways to kill each other.

Military spending per year around the world is probably in the trillions. We are earthlings first. Too bad not enough of the world leaders realize that. They seem to be focusing on dividing people in every way possible.

I keep moving further and further north every time I move. I have starting realizing it's people I'm trying to get away from.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   
I think I saw a video once of all the inventions created in war times for the purpose of war that benefited in general. Crazy stuff.

You can't have harmony until there is no extreme wealth gaps between countries. Rich countries keep poor countries poor on purpose through debts.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by igor_ats

Thats also true on a smaller scale

The rich get rich whilst the poor get poorer, evident in todays society and the current economic state of the world.

MooseVernel

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Jay-morris

Dear Jay-morris

Ok and I thought I was the only one.

You are so right and so am I.

However for the elite it is not toys it is the power to enslave us all.

Too enslave us but for the majority to not feel enslaved.

The elite give us the games and our toys to distract us for what they are doing. They make emery’s so that we are afraid.

The only ones to fear are your leaders.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 04:46 AM
link   
I just see the bigger picture, while other people don't. Even on this board you get so many people who are very patriotic about there country, and i hate this. Why can't people be patriotic about the whole planet, as human beings. Being patriotic brings so much hate,greed,the thirst for power.

We are always trying to beat the next country, if its technology, or the first one to the moon. But if we done all these things together, we would be alot more advances than what we are now.

I truley believe that the only way we are going to progress in this world, to find peace and harmony, is for something bad to happen, and yes, that will most likely be a war.

top topics

join