It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sonic Booms Shake Western Washington

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Anmarie96 I agree with you I think something bigger happened yesterday.

I'm going to throw a theory out there, just an FYI this was manifested in my mind and I don't have any proof that it's true but I'm gonna post it anyway.

So the first thing I find odd is that while some did know that Obama was going to be in Seattle, it seems there was a lot less publicity and PR'ing than a usual presidential visit. Why so quiet about him being here?

I propose to all of you what if all of this was a set up? Maybe just maybe Obama was aware of the events taking place in Western Washington yesterday so he chose to travel to Washington and use his presence to fabricate a rather believable story for the mysterious booms that thousands heard.

As someone stated Seattle recently hosted an airshow that included the Blue Angels. I've heard sonic booms, I'm sure anyone that heard the booms will agree with me that these booms were much louder and heard over a much wider range than your general sonic booms.

Something big could be happening Washington...Are we ready?

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by fasteronfire

I think you are on track. And - who's to say he really was there. And, if we had a breech of airspace in the area of the President that would send planes out that break the sound barrier, It would be all over the news - fox, cnn etc. - breaking news. There would also be a no fly put into effect and all planes grounded - that simply did not happen. It is a cover up.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I agree.

Although they 'say' there was a flight restriction they sure didn't do a good job getting the word out there about it.

I sure hope this unfolds some more and that we don't just settle for the sonic boom answer.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   
This is related to the impending air strike on Iran by Israel. Fighters on the west coast are being scrambled to get into various positions within the country to prepare for possible action by the Russians.

[edit on 18-8-2010 by princeofpeace]

[edit on 18-8-2010 by princeofpeace]

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I'm not asking this to be sarcastic or rude. I'm asking because I'm out of the loop.

What impending strike between Iran and Israel and why is Russia involved and why does it effect the Western United States.

Once again ignorance not rudeness.

[edit on 18-8-2010 by fasteronfire]

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anmarie96

I think you are on track. And - who's to say he really was there. And, if we had a breech of airspace in the area of the President that would send planes out that break the sound barrier, It would be all over the news - fox, cnn etc. - breaking news. There would also be a no fly put into effect and all planes grounded - that simply did not happen. It is a cover up.

Sorry, but a presidential visit does create a "no-fly zone" but traffic is never grounded. A notice of a Temporary Flight Restriction (TFR) is published and that simply restricts flights in a geographic area at designated altitudes. Examples of TFRs are at www.aopa.org.../3124
And it was all over the news. See, www.nbcchicago.com... and edition.cnn.com...=4g0u_OvcpyT&wom=false.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by 4nsicphd

I understand the restricted flights - but it is not adding up in my book, sorry. Yes cnn posted a blip about it - But - I am set up to have breaking news forwarded to my e-mail. All Past Events involving a Breach in Airspace - led to a breaking news event and lead to a notification in my e-mail - from multipal sources. I received nothing to that effect. It is more like it was a planned release. This of course is just my opinion.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by fasteronfire
I agree.

Although they 'say' there was a flight restriction they sure didn't do a good job getting the word out there about it.

And who, that needed to know,, didn't get the word. The FAA NOTAM (Notice to Airmen) system sure had it, as well as the Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association TFR website. The FAA keeps a running list of TFRs that are easily accessible, if you are a pilot and know where to look. Obviously, you're not.
Oh, the info is also available on Twitter at @ VIP_TFR.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anmarie96
reply to post by TrueBrit

Here is an ongoing ATS Thread in which the discussion of booms have been being heard.

Here is another thread were we are following the tremor.

Here is another thread in what I experienced here on the East Coast of the events of this morning

Below is the list of quakes that occurred around the same time of these "Sonic Booms"

18.08.2010 - 12:53:01 2.9 North America USA Utah Mayfield USGS Result
18.08.2010 - 12:52:32 3.8 North America USA Utah Kanarraville USGS Result
18.08.2010 - 12:51:43 4.1 North America USA Utah Kanarraville USGS Result

Edit spelling - Whoopsy

[edit on 18-8-2010 by Anmarie96]

And then there is This which was also discussed in the WA thread -

I think mother nature is on a roll

[edit on 18-8-2010 by Anmarie96]

I just saw the thread and was going to say the same thing. Thanks for providing the links.

My first thought was that this is an obvious excuse to cover up the MUCH bigger story of the subduction zone showing some major action.

As to the sonic boom. I have lived in Washington State most of my life. I have heard many, many sonic booms and they do NOT create the affects that I am reading about. I am about an hour North of Seattle and did not hear any of it.

I have experienced several small quakes near the surface here in Washington State, and THEY can do what is being reported. In my PAST experience, there is a VERY loud boom, that sounds like an explosion. The house shakes as if a very large truck has run into the side of it. Huge difference between that and a sonic boom. A sonic boom you can tell is coming from above you. The quake shakes you and everthing around you, including the ground...like an explosion.

The deep tremor that is occuring RIGHT NOW is presently centered under the area that experienced the boom.....the WHOLE area. NONE of the experts know what is causing it or why. There are some theories, including my own that are in the links AnnMarie provided. Check out THIS interactive shake map for today. Keep in mind, those 223 quakes for just YESTERDAY. There have been 200-300 quakes EVERY DAY for about a week now.

To me, this is clearly related to the deep tremors.

[edit on 18-8-2010 by westcoast]

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   
I'm not sure if it was related or a sonic boom, itself. But I was recently fishing up here here in Prince Williams Sound in Alaska and we heard this amazingly loud thundering roar coming from the West.

We were fishing at Smith Island in the sound in a charter boat out of Valdez.

me and the boat captain looked to the West expecting to see a wall of water coming our way. It was honestly that loud..

What we heard was EXTREMELY loud and constant. It eventually vaded out towards the North/Northwest.

Visually, we expected to see a plane of some kind. We saw no plane. It was a completely clear, sunny day and the water was like glass in the sound (unusually calm).

We still have no idea what it was. We joked about it being some super-secret plane. Maybe it was!

I did discover that in google earth there are some interesting things going on up here in the boonies. See my thread on that here:

Odd-looking Military Aircraft in the Alaskan Wilderness

So far, noone knows what these planes are. The dimensions and characteristics do not match anything we know of publicly in the military inventory and nothing stationed at any of the nearby military installations are anything close to it. We also know they are not decoys or targets.

Just because of what has gone down in the thread, I think I stumbled across something I wasn't supposed to see.

-ChriS

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   
I was a little worried when I started this thread that the general consensus would be that it was simply sonic booms. It's good to see that a majority of people have some different views. Thank you everyone : ) My most successful thread so far....I know it's not much but it made me smile !

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Well, this is what I think ATS is about. To get a variety of view points and personal experiences to come together for alternative solutions.

There is a vast pool of knowledge here...doesn't mean we are always right, but it is fun to talk!!

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by saltheart foamfollower
Wow, wonder how fast the reaction time was?

You know, a plane traveling past MPLS just awhile back flying over one hour past and not responding to hails never even got a plane in the air.

Yet if the puppet in chief has someone breach the airspace. BOOOOM, right there. Boy do you not just love the correlation between government official protection and the rest of us?

yeah just goes to show how much more 911 was just one big scheme created by the tavistock institute for teh peopel of the people.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 03:09 AM
link   
I'm 70 miles North of Seattle & under 50 miles south the US/ Canadian Border and I heard at least 4 of the booms. It went Bam Bam which perked my ears up a bit then it repeated with another Bam Bam 10-15 seconds later.

It's been awhile since I've heard sonic booms and though it sounded like explosions to me it wasn't alarming enough for me to be bothered by it as I've lived on and near bases during my early life.

Not really sure why people call 911 for information and clog up the system, just for satisfying their own curiosity. I guess that's what steeple do when something they don't understand happens, they call any perceived authority and ask for an explanation rather than thinking for themselves.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by 4nsicphd

Plus, we have no way of knowing what top-secret military aircraft might be out there operating at Altitudes in which those restrictions aren't so important (Possibly even above the range of the SR-71 and U2 spy planes).

Any top-secret or otherwise classified hypersonic aircraft may need to be operated at extremely high altitudes to avoid being seen in areas of the U.S. with higher overall air traffic.

Would this not include Western Washington?

-ChriS

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by lauraeleven
Just before this incident I happened to see this on the National Park service web cam in North Dakota.

Looks like bees swarming. I would expect a lot more occlusion of the hills were it a fly on the lens, and would expect it to be more uniform- along the lines of the shape of a fly.

[edit on 8/19/2010 by abecedarian]

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 10:32 PM
link   
This image looks to me more like a B-1 flying extremely fast at low altitude.

There is also what appears to be a "trail" or motion blur up and to the right.

Isn't it impossible for this to be a shadow because of the angle of the sun?

-ChriS

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by tsi1991awd

Thats what I wondered to. I live south of olympia and It felt more like a quake then a sonic boom, Ive felt a couple at an air show years ago.

But why scramble jets from the oregon national guard when McChord is so much closer. Someone said they don't have intercept capability but I don't buy that. They honestly do not have any small planes on base, just transports. Maybe, but doesn't make sense to me.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   
I also agree with those who are saying a breach of POTUS airspace would be all over the news.
We checked, to find out what the sound was. No local news, to my knowledge, covered it untill their normal news time. Nothing breaking news about it. I couldnt find out anything. I thanked God for twitter, the only way to find anything out. My mom turned on the radio, I got the same info via twitter about 15-20 min before the radio on a steady basis. First we thought it was napavine, very close to me, then it was olympia, next thing you know people in lakewood and tacoma heard it. All reported within minutes. Love the internet haha

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   
SEATTLE -- Sonic booms have shaken a wide area of Western Washington, rattling windows and nerves from Chehalis to Seattle.

Emergency agencies across the region are getting calls from numerous people who heard and felt a double boom about 1:50 p.m.

Viewers from Tacoma, Des Moines and Alki are telling KIRO 7 Eyewitness News they felt the booms.

Here at KIRO 7, two sets of rumbles shook the building at Third Avenue and Broad Street in Belltown.

FAA spokesman Mike Fergus said the agency is checking on the "sonic booms."

There's no sign of seismic activity.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join