It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A loner, an object of ridicule and a 'rear-area pig': Adolf Hitler

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   

It is generally accepted that he was a vegetarian tea-totaller, this would have been considered strange, quite odd and even un-manly by the vast majority of Germans then and would have further isolated him from the crowd.

Just a correction: Hitler didn't become a vegetarian until 1932, after the suicide of his niece, Geli Raubal.

Also, and I've had the opportunity in the past year and a half to do some serious research into certain issues of WW II - he was never a "rabid Jew-hater".
In fact very few in the upper echelons of the NSDAP and the SS were, and those were frowned upon as "hillbillies", I am told by people who know a thing or two about their ideology.
Antisemitism was for them an intellectual stance.

BTW, there's an interesting account of his early years by his best and only friend at the time, August Kubizek. It's available freely on the internet.

[edit on 17-8-2010 by AdAstra]

[edit on 17-8-2010 by AdAstra]

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 05:17 AM
link   
History is often rewritten by the winners.
Most of you dont know anythings about Adolph Hitler.
How amazing it sound from the well educated crowd

Many things said here are totally inexact and some of are "old" news.
wait lemme guess... it made around 30 years to reach the USA educated ears ?

Apparently US of A students are still totaly unaware of the world History.

Also, and I've had the opportunity in the past year and a half to do some serious research into certain issues of WW II - he was never a "rabid Jew-hater"

you're totaly right on this one

This would explain a lot of things including his now just revealed cushy job as a rear area messenger in the army

The day you're a messenger during a war, tell me if its a cushy job
try to think for a minute, during war, who are you gonna try to kill for the information ?

the messenger

*facepalm*

[edit on 18-8-2010 by OTTOKARMA]

[edit on 18-8-2010 by OTTOKARMA]

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 05:18 AM
link   
reply to post by AdAstra

Hitler thought he had put on weight during his stay in Landsberg in 1924 and started cutting out both meat and alcohol as he believed this would help him lose weight.

As with most things concerning Hitler conflicting evidence abounds.

There are reports of his abstinence from alcohol as early as his days in Vienna, however, he was reported drinking diluted wine with his meals whilst at Berchtesgaden.
There are even reports of him eating sausages and ham on the odd occassion.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by OTTOKARMA

The day you're a messenger during a war, tell me if its a cushy job
try to think for a minute, during war, who are you gonna try to kill for the information ?

the messenger

That's true for platoon and company messengers in the First World War, those were the ones running between the trenches.

Hitler was a regimental HQ runner which means that typically, his job did not consist of running between the lines but running in the rear area of operations from HQ to Company HQ and such.

This doesn't mean that Hitler never was under fire or never saw live action, it's just that the majority of his war-days was spent at Regimental HQ with no danger whatsoever most of the times.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join