It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Attention: There Is Already a Mosque Near the WTC Site

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro
If there is already a mosque then why would they want another?

Is there a greed factor involved here, or could it be a hint at attempted domination?

or maybe it's a hint that they should be allowed to have a place of worship where ever they want. They deserve freedom.

If Christians can have churches near abortion clinics where in history, "pro lifers" shot and killed doctors, why can't Muslims have a Mosque "near" Ground Zero?

Hypocrisy at it's finest!

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by mothershipzeta

Much better American then I am? And how would you know that? Please do go ask him, im sure hell tell you he doesnt want to see that mosque built there.....

How much of an American do you KNOW i am? You know personal insults will get you banned from this site pretty fast

I served many tours in the big sand box for my country, I volunteer my time at the VA now, and I also work as a liaison for refugees into the country..

Not to mention 4 years USMC

I think im a damn fine American, Thank you very much

link   

Originally posted by mothershipzeta
"Political correctness." Suddenly the bigots decided that it's a good thing - at least in this case.

You're bigoted against people you would categorize as "bigots," so the hypocrisy lies with you.

link   

Again jump back to laws, vs. ethics or principles. I personally feel, along with a LARGE percentage of Americans that these people are a possible threat. Notice I used the word Possible. Why? because they have already attacked. They are slow to condemn attacks, if they ever do. The religion in itself is radically anti-western, for all those who truly believe in it. That being said, your inability to understand metaphors is down right fun. I'll try another one later to see if you catch on.

link   
reply to post by David9176

Is it's leader suspected of saying nefarious things? Is it's funding knowns? Have we heard reports of their imam saying controversial things?

Does it look obnoxious? Is it massive? Any statements? Is it trying to force its views through a community center by taking advantage of the poor and needy? Any controversy at all?

No. And for that reason, it cannot be compared to the other mosque.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by misinformational

Originally posted by misinformational
reply to post by SourGrapes

But no biggie if a church is built on the same block as Oklahoma City Bombing? What about a Catholic church in N. Ireland, or a Protestant one in Ireland?

Wait - even better - what about a Christian church in Hiroshima or Nagasaki?

Sorry to quote myself... But I'd really like one of you attacking Muslims to address this question?

This will be the third page I've posted this question without one reply from the religious bigots --- Anyway care to take a dive? Or are you more comfortable not accepting your hypocrisy.

[edit on 17-8-2010 by misinformational]

link   

Among the dead were 40% of Nagasaki's Christian population, which for centuries has been the biggest of any Japanese city; its Oura and Urakami Roman Catholic churches, respectively the oldest and biggest in Japan, were also hit (both have since been rebuilt). www.time.com...

Don't mind me...I'm learning stuff.

[edit on 8/17/2010 by ~Lucidity]

link   

Originally posted by Alxandro
If there is already a mosque then why would they want another?

Is there a greed factor involved here, or could it be a hint at attempted domination?

The new structure will be a COMMUNITY CENTER that has a prayer area. It's not a mosque any more than a Salvation Army activity center is a church just because it has a chapel.

Even a cursory glance at a new source other than Fox News and you would know that.

I am so tired of the ignorance.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by SeventhSeal

They can build a mosque wherever they'd like.

Just don't complain when it sets back the process of building peace, tolerance and understanding between disparate groups of people.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Ummm? Isn't it a tad bigoted to call others bigots? I mean, I'm just saying, that you people who are so quick to sling it might just be hip deep in it, know what I mean?
So step down from your soap box, cause mr. pot, you also have no clothes.

What a perfectly assinine way to start a thread, one bigot to another, so to speak.

YouSir

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

So benevolent of you to welcome a mosque on the site. They wanted to name it Cordoba House because Cordoba was a reqion the muslims conquered about 1200 years ago. They see it as a sign of triumph and a thumb in our eye. But hey, if you're completely ignorant of history to the point where anybody who disagrees with muslims or the president, which is virtually the same thing is a racist, then you truly aren't worth arguing with. It's the debate equivilant of "Oh yeah?. Oddly enough, I'm sure it doesn't bother you that a muslims goal in life is to kill Jews and Christians. What you probably aren't astute enough to realize is that (on the off chance you aren't a muslim, in which case you are being disengenuous and know exactly what I'm talking about) is that if you aren't a muslim, they'd love to kill you as well. Islam isn't a religion of peace, it's a death cult. It's really not complicated. I always enjoy how the muslims love to jump in anytime you post a story with the word "Israel" in it. They'll have an american sounding name like "I am Bob, owner of good food restaurant here in this united state" Then jump in rant against jews. It's pathetic and funny. In the mean time, go have a pork sandwich.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by misinformational

Ive already replied to your question earlier.........you just seemed to ignore it

at the risk of reposting

I hear this all the time with the OKC bombing, BIG difference? His religion had NOTHING to do with him bombing the place, he was MILITANT and pissed off at the government..... As for Hiroshima and Nagasaki, churches werent built on the SITE WHERE THE BOMB WAS DROPPED........WEIRD! Just like New York, there were people of the christian faith in japan as well, hence the churches.......

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by astrogolf

They wanted to name it Cordoba House because Cordoba was a reqion the muslims conquered about 1200 years ago.

Got a source for that?

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
Is it's leader suspected of saying nefarious things? Is it's funding knowns? Have we heard reports of their imam saying controversial things?

www.nydailynews.com...

The project has been mischaracterized, so I want to explain clearly what it would be. Our planned 13-story community center is intended for Park Place between Church St. and West Broadway. It is not a mosque, although it will include a space for Muslim prayer services. It will have a swimming pool, basketball court, meeting rooms, a 500-seat auditorium, banquet facilities and many other things a community needs to be healthy. The center will offer theatrical programming, art exhibitions and cooking classes. These are amenities missing now from this part of the city.

And, yes, the center will have a public memorial to the victims of 9/11 as well as a meditation room where all will be welcome for quiet reflection. The center will support soul and body.

The center will be open to all regardless of religion. Like a YMCA, the 92nd St. Y or the Jewish Community Center uptown, it will admit everyone. It will be a center for all New Yorkers.

What grieves me most is the false reporting that leads some families of 9/11 victims to think this project somehow is designed by Muslims to gloat over the attack.

That could not be further from the truth.

My heart goes out to all of the victims of 9/11. They are all heroes. But I urge you to include in your sympathy the family of Mohammad Salman Hamdani. Born in Pakistan, his parents brought him to New York as a small child. He wanted nothing more than to be an American, and he was.

A high school football player in Bayside, Queens, he graduated from Queens College. When he could not get into an American medical school, he became a part-time ambulance driver. He disappeared on 9/11; his body was found months later in the wreckage of the north tower. This 23-year-old Muslim died trying to save his fellow New Yorkers.

Religion did not separate the victims on that terrible day. Whether Protestants, Catholics, Jews, Muslims, Hindus, Buddhists or any other faith, all of these people made up the fabric of New York. They all died together.

Freedom of religion is something we hold dear. It is the core of what America is all about, and it is what people worldwide respect about our country. The Koran itself says compulsion in religion is wrong.

American Muslims want to be both good Americans and good Muslims. They can be the best assets the United States has in combatting radicalism.

They know that many American values - freedom of religion, human dignity and opportunity for prosperity - are also Muslim values.

We believe that people of good faith can use the common core of their religions to find solutions to problems that will let them live together.

I have been the imam at a mosque in Tribeca for 27 years. I am as much a part of this community as anyone else. Our mosque is as much a part of the neighborhood as any church, synagogue or surrounding business. My work is to make sure mosques are not recruiting grounds for radicals.

Truly terrifying.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   

"I am so tired of the ignorance".

I Second that!

Oh wait you were refering to me!

and I was refering to you!

How ironic

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by mothershipzeta

www.nydailynews.com...

Haha, you actually believe all of that? Hahahaha, really?

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Nuff Said!

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Okay, the anti-'mosque' people have convinced me. But I'm ready to move on to the NEXT big issue.

I'm for removing all Confederate memorials from Civil War battlefields. Traitors should not have monuments on our nation's sacred soil. Those Union troops gave their blood to save the Union, and to have those hallowed grounds desecrated in such a way is unAmerican.

And we certainly don't want to give aid and comfort to current rebel sympathizers by giving them places to worship their wrongheaded ideology.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

I missed your reply...

As for Hiroshima and Nagasaki, churches werent built on the SITE WHERE THE BOMB WAS DROPPED........WEIRD

WEIRD, neither is this place...

But I'm pretty sure that most of the city was destroyed (being that nuclear weapons have a much larger blast radius than the size of the bomb, or the size of the WTC)... Nevertheless, where's the outage against those churches? It was Christians that dropped the bomb on them... Killing 100's of 1000's and sickening millions more.

So, to recap, your just fine with Christians building churches within a city they nuked... But not so much when citizens of your same country what to erect a religious building a block away from WTC...

WOW... With that mindset, there really isn't much hope humanity will take the next step... Enjoy your life of fear and hate.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join