It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Attention: There Is Already a Mosque Near the WTC Site

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

The NAACP has been for years trying to get SC to take down the confederate flag from their state house environs. The reason being is that blacks don’t want to be reminded of the concepts that enslaved them by the state.

This is the same principle you mosque haters in Mannhattan are using to stop the mosque.

The sensitivity of the victims.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by dreamwalker74

That is exactly right, this PC nonsense is exactly the sort of weakness that the EXTREME end of the muslim faith will exploit, I KNOW this because my friends who are Muslim TOLD me this.

They know what tactics they used, thats why they left the thick of it, they are JUST as concerned now as they see whats happening in America and Europe and the way the extremist EXPLOIT the weaknesses in our social behavior, as a means to THEIR end result..

You know what the big fear from the REAL muslims in America here is? That the extremist are going to infiltrate JUST LIKE they did back home and they will be in the same boat again.

And all you PC liberals are falling for it hook line and sinker, dont believe me? Go ask any practicing muslim, they dont want to be where they were before.

As far as everything else goes, I have a RIGHT to do a lot of things, HOWEVER I also have a responsibility and an OBLIGATION to do the RIGHT thing.

Just because legally i can do something, doesnt mean i SHOULD.

The fact that THIS man is clearly not exercising his better judgment, and the fact that he has connections to EXTREMIST (a fact you guys in support of this seem to dodge heavily , because it flies in the face of your crusade)SCREAMS ulterior motives for this whole thing.

I work with a HUGE population of muslims in my area due to the work I am in with refugees.........and let me tell ya.....i havent spoken to ONE family that thinks its a good idea for that Mosque to go up, and they all say the same thing, yeah , its symbolic alright, but not in the way that we would prefer it to be.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Tarzan the apeman.

The OP is referring specifically to religious bigots. To people that are prejudice against people of a particular faith. But you already knew that.

Everyone is bigoted - Hell, I'm bigot against religious bigots and damn proud of it.

[edit on 17-8-2010 by misinformational]

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by misinformational

If you fear Muslims erecting a Mosque anywhere - Then the terrorists that attacked the WTC on 9/11 accomplished there mission.

That is kinda a double edged sword, now isn't sorta like letting the fox into the hen house,

I err on the side of caution.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Fine the 9/11 terrorists suceeded. I will be very weary of all mosques in my country where hatred, and militarism could be taught. A few months ago I was stung by two wasps. It hurt like heck, and I was angry, so I found the wasp nest that was in my back yard, sprayed it down with insecticide and gasoline, and then set it on fire. Everytime I have seen a new wasp nest pop up in my yard, I have used the same method to rid myself of it. Not taking into account whether they were "nicer" wasps, that were less likely to sting me. I know, truly politically incorrect. Darn shame the wasps cant hire the ACLU to sue me on behalf of the wasp kingdom.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   

I hear this all the time with the OKC bombing, BIG difference? His religion had NOTHING to do with him bombing the place, he was MILITANT and pissed off at the government.....

As for Hiroshima and Nagasaki, churches werent built on the SITE WHERE THE BOMB WAS DROPPED........WEIRD! Just like New York, there were people of the christian faith in japan as well, hence the churches.......

No ones saying there shouldnt be mosques in New York, So you can stop trying to set up straw men to spin it that way.......

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   

I love the Christianity of Martin Luther King and
John Brown

Some Christian gnostics

and Mystic Christians
The monks and brothers who all they do is feed the poor and praise God in humility

I like the Quakers and peacful christians who fought agaisnt the excessess of the so-called christians as they destroyed millions of Africans and native Americans

I think Jesus would be on the side of those kinds of christians I mentioned like John Brown, Martin Luther King

Gnostics, Cathars, Mystical Christians like the monks, and those who actually try to practice love like Jesus.

And there are many others who were good human beings not sectarian bigots who only love and respect their own religion.

[edit on 17-8-2010 by inforeal]

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by adifferentbreed
Interesting take on it by some of you....not everyone against it is a Christian.....however, I guess if it makes you feel better to justify your self hatred by all means use every deragatory word you can for them.........remember it's all in the name of tolerance. Perhaps one day we can all be as smart as some of you and then we'll all get along huh? Wow, another hate thread started just to garner stars and flags, how origional.

Way to miss the whole point.

There's already an ACTUAL mosque near the planned COMMUNITY CENTER.

And why should we be tolerant of you when you don't extend the same courtesy to others?

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

All because your "Muslim friends" told you so...

Well, I know Christians that hate blacks, protest dead American Marines funerals, and call the Teletubbies homosexual... So all Christians must feel the same, right?

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

If you fear Muslims erecting a Mosque anywhere - Then the terrorists that attacked the WTC on 9/11 accomplished there mission.

That is kinda a double edged sword, now isn't sorta like letting the fox into the hen house,

I err on the side of caution.

Starting to realize your hate and bigotry hopefully.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   
The people who protest the Islamic Culture Center are moronic and hypocritical. This is a country of freedom of religions.

Absolutely disgusting what the enemies of freedom are doing what now. Grow up.

Sorry but this issue angers me so damn much.

link   

Originally posted by dreamwalker74

Fine the 9/11 terrorists suceeded. I will be very weary of all mosques in my country where hatred, and militarism could be taught. A few months ago I was stung by two wasps. It hurt like heck, and I was angry, so I found the wasp nest that was in my back yard, sprayed it down with insecticide and gasoline, and then set it on fire. Everytime I have seen a new wasp nest pop up in my yard, I have used the same method to rid myself of it. Not taking into account whether they were "nicer" wasps, that were less likely to sting me. I know, truly politically incorrect. Darn shame the wasps cant hire the ACLU to sue me on behalf of the wasp kingdom.

The Constitution doesn't mention wasps, but it does have this:

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof

Also, a note - Muslims aren't insects.

And they wonder why we call them "bigots."

link   
If there is already a mosque then why would they want another?

Is there a greed factor involved here, or could it be a hint at attempted domination?

link   

How many of your relatives have Christians wiped out in the name of their religion. Apples and oranges? Yes.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Here is the ACTUAL LOGIC of the situation.

If the building of the mosque agitates and upsets half the population of this country, it is not conducive to spreading peace and tolerance on either side, no matter what you think is right or wrong.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by misinformational
reply to post by SourGrapes

But no biggie if a church is built on the same block as Oklahoma City Bombing? What about a Catholic church in N. Ireland, or a Protestant one in Ireland?

Wait - even better - what about a Christian church in Hiroshima or Nagasaki?

Sorry to quote myself... But I'd really like one of you attacking Muslims to address this question?

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask
Go ask any practicing muslim, they dont want to be where they were before.

I would ask my Muslim friend, but he's a much better American than you are, so I respect him far too much to insult him.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Yeah my MUSLIM friends, from oooo Baghdad, Afghanistan, Iran, you name it....and considering its the MAJORITY of the muslim population here in the state that I live in, If i was you i wouldnt be so quick to dismiss it.....

However, you will because it doesnt fit into your little crusade.......who needs to listen to logic and experience, when we have ideals to fight over right.....

I love how you people scream be tolerant of muslims, and dont be bigots because the whole religion isnt extreme....and THEN whenever you find out that a large population of them is against it and against whats going on in our country as far as extremist infiltration.......ALL the sudden their opinion doesnt matter........

Hypocrisy much?

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Relatives?.. I'm an Irish-American, U.S. Marine Veteran.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by inforeal

The NAACP has been for years trying to get SC to take down the confederate flag from their state house environs. The reason being is that blacks don’t want to be reminded of the concepts that enslaved them by the state.

This is the same principle you mosque haters in Mannhattan are using to stop the mosque.

The sensitivity of the victims.

"Political correctness." Suddenly the bigots decided that it's a good thing - at least in this case.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join