It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Attention: There Is Already a Mosque Near the WTC Site

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by adifferentbreed

Again, who was it, please, who mentioned Christianity?

You were the only one I saw mention it. Or at least the first, as there may have been more threads after yours that did.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Alright! There's already one there! I know let's bulid another BIGGER one! We'll even put a radical imam in control! That will show America! Get over your whiney grieving. After all It was a whole nine years ago that your freinds and relatives died. Get over it!

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   
I just want an honest answer, from the OP, have you ever defended Christian's on this forum?

So many that are calling others bigots, criticize Christianity all over the forum,

[edit on 043131p://bTuesday2010 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Soldier of God

Now just imagine my name would be " Soldier of Allah "

When you mention "American" people, aren't you aware Islam
has been in the U.S way before our renewed popularity, therefore, you seem
to forget about the fact that there is Muslim Americans also.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
reply to post by hadriana

Actually this is to be an interfaith community center and open to everyone. The imam has been working with other religious groups in the neighborhood for years.

If it is an interfaith center, why do they call it a mosque?

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   
....ok, we need to mash these threads together somehow...I'm getting a tad confused...

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Interesting, many of these people who are so against the mosque I bet wouldn’t want to make South Carolina take down their confederate flag from the state lawn.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   

They don't. They call it a community center. Actually, it's an Islamic community center modeled on a Jewish community center farther up the island of Manhattan.

It's the media and the proponents of the center who called it a mosque. And who also, by the way said it was on or at ground zero, which it is not.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Hey come on now Mosques represent everybody!

or at least if they have their way, they will eventually.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

you are SPOT ON STORM...

There have been a HUGE number of people fighting for this Mosque to go up, citing the constitution, while in the other hand, Flinging mud at the Christian religion, and saying the pledge in school........seriously

These peoples agenda is so thin you can see right through it. Its not about the Muslims and the mosque, its not about their freedoms....

Its an opportunity to try and boast this fake "im for human rights and the little man" line they tow.

While at the same time smashing ANYTHING that has to do with christianity

Remember, NEVER LET A GOOD CRISIS GO TO WASTE!

Hypocrisy all of it........they arent for anyones rights, they are for their own EGO

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by inforeal
Interesting, many of these people who are so against the mosque I bet wouldn’t want to make South Carolina take down their confederate flag from the state lawn.

What did that add to the conversation?

The thing that is being misrepresented on this forum is that people want all Mosques removed , and that is just not the case,

There are various reasons people are offended by the location of the mosque, LOCATION, being the key word,

Is it symbolic?

Is it really a peaceful gesture?

Hasn't worked out that way so far.

NY1 Exclusive: Developer Won't Budge On Mosque Location

Sharif El-Gamal is the developer behind the plan to erect an Islamic community center and mosque two blocks from the World Trade Center site.
manhattan.ny1.com...
Calls are mounting for him and the other backers to find a new home for their center, further away from the site of the September 11th terrorist attacks, but El-Gamal isn't budging.

He is sticking with his plans to erect a 13-story center and prayer space in Lower Manhattan. He likens the project to a YMCA or Jewish Community Center, with programs open to all residents of all faiths.

"A landmark, an iconic building that will have people come and visit it from around the world,” said El-Gamal as to what he imagines. “This looks like it is going to be the most famous community center in the world."

"A landmark, an iconic building that will have people come and visit it from around the world,” said El-Gamal as to what he imagines. “This looks like it is going to be the most famous community center in the world."

So with this last comment, it is very symbolic.

[edit on 043131p://bTuesday2010 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

Few people are arguing for the mosque. Most are arguing for the protection of their own rights.

If the government could say that these people don't have the right to erect a building for their own reasons - What's stopping the government from stopping people of your faith from doing the same?

This isn't about the Muslims right to build a building on private property... It's about everybody's right to erect and establish buildings of worship as they see fit.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Thank you manbehindthemaks, for putting it into words I could not find.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   

The internal attack by the PC is eternal. You may want to give up. though please don't. otherwise real "change" and "transformation" of our country will in-fact take place. Defend your county. Defend the priciples of your country. Those who want to change it, transform it, and destroy it, get more vicious every day, hold strong, don't let them win.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by misinformational

I don't want the government to stop it. I want American citizens to rise up in a wave of patriotic protest to convince these people it is not in their best interest. It's about principles, not law.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

What's being misrepresented to this board is that these very same Muslim Americans that are petitioning to build a place of worship are the same as us - They lived in NYC during the attacks. They were just as much victims of 9/11 as anyone else in the immediate area.

When are people going to get past prejudice and fear. We are all the same species.. All of the same ilk. True, cultures vary. But in this country, we all have the same constitutionally protected rights.

If you fear Muslims erecting a Mosque anywhere - Then the terrorists that attacked the WTC on 9/11 accomplished there mission. Seemingly without even being aware, you are surrendering your rights. And for nothing but FEAR.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   
If that's the case, then let them build it = SOMEWHERE ELSE! Is a block, or two, really that big of a deal? I don't believe it to be a big deal, UNLESS they are in fact erecting this 'community center' with an agenda. The agenda being directly related to its LOCATION!

Edit: Oops, my reply is to the poster above me, 'misinformational'

[edit on 17-8-2010 by SourGrapes]

link   
reply to post by dreamwalker74

You're right - It's about the principles of Natural Rights.

link   
reply to post by David9176

Doesnt calling someone a bigot make oneself a bigot. Basically you are what you call someone. And one more thing isnt this above top secret (ATS) Seems to me that this web site is going more political then conspiracy theory.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by SourGrapes

But no biggie if a church is built on the same block as Oklahoma City Bombing? What about a Catholic church in N. Ireland, or a Protestant one in Ireland?

Wait - even better - what about a Christian church in Hiroshima or Nagasaki?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join