It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Attention: There Is Already a Mosque Near the WTC Site

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by misinformational

yes, i bet they would not get alot of opposition to build a community center/mosque.

www.youtube.com...

the whirling dervish!

that would go great with gregs bar and bbq! everybody will be happy!

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Infinityobserver

This is what I mean by deceitful! You're flat out lying. Hamas doesn't want "freedom" from Israel they want "the replacement of Israel". If freedom was all they wanted, they would have had it, at least TWICE by now....

When?

Second line??

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

When they were offered a Palestinian state twice, and rejected it twice.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Infinityobserver
reply to post by oozyism

When they were offered a Palestinian state twice, and rejected it twice.

Source??

This will be interesting if true..

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by eightfold

Where have you been? Ever since 9/11 Muslims been targeted by racism.

I just last week went with my Chinese friend to a shack ice cream shop where you get the ice cream outside it's a small little hut that is popular. Some guy had the nerver to talk to me and told me go back to Iraq so I can bomb the blank out of it and not here. He told me we Americans are fed up with Muslims having a religion were we think it's ok to blow up everyone at anytime. I ignored him and everyone was staring at him. I couldn't belive this guy cussed in front of kids like 5 to 10 year olds. Anyways from what I hear this issue is created and engineered by the U.S. They have plans to attack Iran and trying to get american tensions to be high and be mad at muslims. This is why they are pushing for it. The imam is stupid. He is happy how it was quick to get permits and say ok. From what I heard the imam had very little red tape compared to other holy places. If this is all true it sounds fishy and cuba's president did warn by sep the U.S will attack Iran.

So I think this is a strategy to prepare Americans for such an attack. Today was the first day that I saw so many facebook posts about this. I am very surprised cuz this isn't new news it's been talked about for days. Yet now people realized that this is happening?

I saw a post saying well if they can build it by the towers then we should be able to build something inside the mecca.

I laughed because it's a childish statement. First off in the U.S you can build anything anywhere as long you own the land and follow the laws and regulations then your set.

If people don't like this building to be built there then I ask why? If it's because muslims killed americans then they should be taken to court for racism. They are pushing decisions based on racial opinions. This is illegal. For me I could care less about if it gets built or not. Yet I see many making connections that Muslims = terrorists. This is racist attitude.

This shows that the U.S is still a racist country. Right now the target is Muslims and have been ever since 9/11.

It boils me because I am a Muslim and I see so many americans make stupid assumptions. Yet yell there opinions even if it's based on a racial attitude.

When people say Islam= terrorism then it's the same thing as saying Christian = murderer because I saw one Christan murder someone. Which is wrong to say that.

I gave a example and this is exactly what alot of people are saying. It's all based on racial opinions no fact. When you say Islam or Muslims your stereotyping everyone that belongs to that religion which is wrong and illegal in the U.S .

I personally don't care about this I would tell them to not build it. The reason behind the scenes The U.S is behind it. Just preparing americans for another war.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Annee

There is chruches in the middle east but very few. You can build a chruch in mecca meaning the city. As long you follow laws and regulations. Over there the federal laws are nothing but the rules of Islam they call it Islamic Law.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 02:12 AM
link   
reply to post by computerwiz32

There is more US military bases in the middle east than churches, so blame the US, not the Muslim populace who have become extreme due to Western meddling and stealing of their resources, not to mention installing puppet regimes, coups, assassinations, proxy wars, mass murder bl;ablabla

It goes two ways, there is a current war going on, which both sides don't want to admit to.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 03:24 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

I am not blaming the Muslims. I am saying the U.S is behind this building. The Imam has no idea and thinks the U.S is being kind. If you read articles I hear that the Imam got waved threw getting the building permits quicker then anyone else. I know for a fact when I had to get a permit to upgrade my house it took a while compared to this guy. All I am saying is that I think the U.S is behind this. I notice this topic been talked about for weeks and today I finally saw many racial posts on facebook today. Calling Islam the devil warship religion or all time. Ya Muslims are mad that the current war is about resources in those countries. People don't know but in Afghanistan there is a mountain where under it is fully loaded with gold. The U.S will soon start drilling in there. Plus people forgot the first war with Iraq when the U.S troops were allowed to stay in Saudi Arabia. They had a U.S army guy that was jewish that stepped foot in the holy place. They also were shooting. To be in the mecca holy place there are rules number 1 you must be clean. 2 No violence allowed. 3rd no none Muslims allowed.

Well they broke all 3. they were all dirty and muddy sweating and used the holy place as coverage from enemy fire which breaks the violence rule. Then they had a jewish person. Muslims really have a huge hate against jewish people it dates back in history. This was the biggest slap on the face on Muslims.

Just watch and see if we start another war. I am having a feeling by end of sep we should find out if we will attack Iran.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 03:34 AM
link   
reply to post by computerwiz32

Ignore haters, that is my only advice.

I'm a Muslim myself, and I know for a fact that Americans are being fouled just like Germans who got fouled by Hitler and the Nazi government.

Hate is used by politicians to diver attention, and that is what is done in the US. Everyone thing is blamed on the immigrants and Muslims.

That way all the hate is directed towards some people instead of the government.

Next election watch out, Nazi like government might come to power. Imagine if Cheney comes to power, American Muslims are doomed after that.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 05:00 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

Totally agree with your post. Gave you a Star. Couldn't said it any better myself.

It's just sad how americans fall for the propaganda and pretense. The think that stumps me is that I listen to alot of people that have hate against Muslims and when I ask them why you hate them. They babble stuff and I go do you have proof that they did such an such that all Muslims done such and such. They would ignore what I am asking them and keep on going with their hate. I mean I can understand if you hate someone because they done something bad to you. But to hate someone because someone told you what that person been doing so you judge them before verifying if what your told is true. alot of people love to assume things rather then find the truth.

I am just saying today was the mid-point where the heat is packing. Cuz I never saw such hate on the Internet and in person.

ya but builder burg are getting close and closer for a one world order. I was told by my accounting professor that by 2016 we will have a international accounting system in place where all countries must follow. He told us for our own purpose so we can prepare for such changes because some of what we learned will not be used stating 2016 that's if they go according to plan and if they don't because currently they still got to decide on some things of how they account for assets. So once they made the decision then it's solid smooth sailing from there.

The governments will try and fool the people by telling them we need to go global to fix the economic mess. We need to have a international government to regulate all international trade and business etc. I also was told by the professor that they will also try and make a international taxing agency and laws that way everyone will be taxed at a international level.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 05:37 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

Well said. Certain people and even some in government by extension, specifically, the president of the US. This is so politically motivated it's not even funny. I just posted some "survey" results about the president being a Muslim. But, oh, this question was "asked" before he spoke out about this Islamic center. Just unbelievable.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 05:39 AM
link   
I’ve been reading on some union boards and contractor boards. Most said they won’t touch this building job with a 10 foot pole, because they will lose business. Some mentioned there would be lots of opposition on the building site picketing and so on. The problems would be endless and bad for business as one union member said.

Here is an article that I found on the union board that sums up the construction problems. I don’t think this Mosque will ever be built.

let the contractors and unions set up

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 05:46 AM
link   
reply to post by SJE98

What about steel suppliers? It takes lot of materials to build a 13-story building. If they have to be brought in from the Middle East it's going to cost a lot. And maybe the dock-workers would refuse to unload it. Then what? What if the trash haulers refused to haul the construction debris away? What if the lunch trucks refused to serve the laborers?

Steel comes from the Middle East

Wow at this article. That's a lot of "patriotism" against other Americans is all I have to say. Well maybe it'll be a non-union job.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
Who are the people who suffered? The 9/11 families? Even they are divided on this issue? Other people? Muslims died that day along with everyone else.

There are all kinds of "suffering".

For example, anyone (millions of people) who lost any of their savings and investments for retirement, etc. in the resulting financial crash. Don't know about you, but mine still haven't recovered to where they were.

And when you say "muslims died that day", if you are (callously) referring to the hijackers, please recall that they wanted to die.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

Lucidity is referring to the Muslim Americans that were murdered by the hijackers. Some of which were members of this imam's flock.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   
It does not matter that a mosque is there already because it has been there before the terrorist attack on 9-11-01. It is the fact that they want to build a mosque close to where the WTC stood. It is the principal of it and that is what you are failing to see or do not care to see. Do you have any principals? Or are you just another secular humanist?

[edit on 19-8-2010 by TruthSeeker8300]

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by TruthSeeker8300

Imam Rauf, the leader of the Cordoba Initiative, has also had a mosque in the neighborhood since long before 9/11.

His congregation included people who worked in the WTC and were killed on 9/11.

In the days after 9/11 he and other members of the congregation were down at the WTC site distributing water to the rescue workers.

He is a moderate Sufi Muslim who condemns all violence done in the name of religion, including the terrorist acts of 9/11.

He has led his congregation 12 blocks away from the WTC site for 27 years, as well as worked with Jewish, Christian, and interfaith leaders in the area for many years.

The space where they have been meeting is too small for the congregation, and he has had a long-standing dream of opening an Islamic cultural center and interfaith initiative in Lower Manhattan. He's not doing this as a "slap in the face to victims", he's doing this because he has been a part of the Tribeca community for decades and wants to build this building there to serve it.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

You are still a terrorist when you bomb innocent civilians. I could hardly care what for.

Call me heartless. I've lost all faith in humanity for that region. If everything from the Northern tip of Syria to the Egyptian border was a smoking crater the world would be better off.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

So America is a terrorist nation?

How many innocent civilians has America killed (collateral damage) in Iraq, Afghanistan, Kuwait, Sudan, et cetera?

By this criteria, every side of every war would be terrorist regimes.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by misinformational
reply to post by centurion1211

Lucidity is referring to the Muslim Americans that were murdered by the hijackers. Some of which were members of this imam's flock.

He knows, he is just being a patriot and adding a little as$holary in there to prove he is a patriot.

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19 >>

join