It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Attention: There Is Already a Mosque Near the WTC Site

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   
from rudepundit.blogspot.com (NSFW language)

[Ellipses are profanity in the original text]

You despise this country if you think the Cordoba Initiative should move its planned community center. You have no understanding of the Constitution. If fact, you are a traitor to it. You have no respect for freedom of religion or speech. You are a coward who believes that the Constitution and the nation are too ... weak to handle such freedoms.

[Y]ou are a vile, hate-filled, unprincipled lump of [excrement] who thinks that rights are only good when convenient for you, and you are too ... lazy to fight for anything other than your prejudice and hatred.

Sums it up perfectly.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by misinformational
reply to post by Gorman91

Even so, the Imam did not make any comment concerning Hamas... His silence doesn't mean he supports Hamas. That really seems like a reach to say such. Maybe he was just busy that day.

lol, busy? comon dude, too busy to include comments that people want to know about?

i would assume that would be his job. not a "no comment" type of job.

But still, U.S. President Jimmy Carter supports Hamas - where's the outrage?

well, most consider carter like the uncle no one talks about. family secret

no but really, hamas was voted in, that's why.

then again......

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by fooks
so the 90 other mosques are useless to stop radicalizing young muslims?

it needs to be this one? why?

the pool?

lots of questions why this will be the flagship mosque in NY when there were others for years.

why not expand the one he got already?

As has been stated numerous times, this is NOT A MOSQUE.

It is an Islamic community center. Christians, Jews, and Muslims all have these centers in every major metropolitan area.

I wonder when it comes time for specifically islamic events, will this exterior tolerance be noticed.

I know in other countries, having a pool in a communal area has resulted in closure to the public except muslim women.

Sometimes resulting in violence from muslims who prefer to stand guard.

But this is a different country. Things shall be as they shall be.

Good luck, may it all work out. Because if it doesn't... well, this thread has said more than I need to say.

[edit on 18/8/2010 by badw0lf]

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
reply to post by misinformational

To support terrorists is very very wrong. At this point, supporting the IDF's decisions is just as bad as supporting Hamas' actions.

Rather than even ask for peace, he said nothing. This is enough for me to see he has biases and interests. Otherwise he would condemn the violence altogether. After all. They call him a man of peace.

Do all Christian leaders have to renounce Westboro Baptist, Eric Robert Rudolph, the Christian Identity movement? No, they don't. Did Catholic leaders in the US have to denounce the IRA, or protestants the Unionists? No.

So why do all Muslims have to answer for Hamas?

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by fooks

Please don't misquote. I understand the inserted commentary to illustrate your point, but if you quote me - do so outside the quote.

This my proper quote:

originally posted by misinformationl
Even so, the Imam did not make any comment concerning Hamas... His silence doesn't mean he supports Hamas. That really seems like a reach to say such. Maybe he was just busy that day.

This is what you quoted me as saying:

lol, busy? comon dude, too busy to include comments that people want to know about?

i would assume that would be his job. not a "no comment" type of job.

[edit on 18-8-2010 by misinformational]

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by fooks
so the 90 other mosques are useless to stop radicalizing young muslims?

it needs to be this one? why?

the pool?

lots of questions why this will be the flagship mosque in NY when there were others for years.

why not expand the one he got already?

As has been stated numerous times, this is NOT A MOSQUE.

It is an Islamic community center. Christians, Jews, and Muslims all have these centers in every major metropolitan area.

so what!

take elsewhere.

what, 100mill wouldn't buy a few blocks? maybe get a whole street named!

100mil for 13story ymca "type" place for ALL and ANY needy? ALL faiths?

i don't get drunk enough to walk into the islamic/madrassa/community center we have around the corner, lol.

i sure wish i felt i could. i'd like to see what's up.
but i would be false in my intentions and that goes against my principals.

admit it, how many muslims just go and check out a church?

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   

ya sorry, just learning that stuff.

but was something wrong in my replies?

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by notsoperfect

Seriously...try a better analogy?

Communist China don't send suicide bombers world around to kill people. Only Muslims do. Duh.

"Communist" china is specifically NOT a religiously-based society!! So, your analogy is ludicrous...change that to a less-strident-sounding "inapt" -- sorry.

As to "only" Muslims who "send" suicide bombers 'around the world'?

Well....finding radically rabid followers willing to sacrifice themselves seems to be more prevalent in TAHT religion...but only recently, and with their particular form of brainwashing (the promises of "rewards" in their "afterlife", etc).

Geeee....can anyone think of any OTHER "religions" that promise "rewards" in an "afterlife"?? (As long as you believe THEM, and not be a 'heathen' and believe something else...)

Now, about killing in the name of one's "religion"....looks like we need to ban ALL Catholic churches, as well as mosques, huh?

I mean...anyone paid attention to history, lately??? Going back, and reviewing the, oh...say, last 2,000 years or so???

Care to check out the activities of...start with Cortez, in the Americas for example...

Other types of Cathlic/Christian "missions" around the globe...

Even more recently...the "Irish Rebublican Army"...just off the top of my head.

No....radical extremists who happen to conform to the Muslim faith do NOT have a monoploy on vile behavior, and rampant viloence against what they consider to be "non-believers"...heck even AMONGST the various sects, within many "religions", violence and killing on each other is common.

Muslim, Christian, little difference. Not aware of much in the Jewish faiths...but, there is probably some historical record if searched deeply enough.

I think EVERY so-called "religion" happens to be a pox on Humanity, and vile, disgusting and self-defeating in any quest for improvement of our species...and their various histories seem to support the amount of DAMAGE they do outweighs any perceived "benefits", overall.

[edit on 18 August 2010 by weedwhacker]

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

"Geeee....can anyone think of any OTHER "religions" that promise "rewards" in an "afterlife"?? (As long as you believe THEM, and not be a 'heathen' and believe something else...)"

well, christians are supposed to do good things for the rewards in the afterlife.

not take out a market of women and children and shopkeepers with 10kgs of stolen explosives strapped to their body.

ok, i have no proof the explosives were stolen.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by fooks

What about the Crusades where the Christians that were going off to kill were told by the Pope that this would let them get into Heaven? Or what about the selling of indulgences that said Christians could do whatever they wanted and still get into Heaven as long as they paid the Church? There is nothing special about the behavior of Islam. It is just another religion built on a history of oppression and violence.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by fooks

ya sorry, just learning that stuff.

but was something wrong in my replies?

Nope, nothing was wrong. Your reply was your opinion and we're a community at ATS, so you're encouraged to share it. However, your replies do well illustrate the problem here --->

Which is that no matter how rationale our counter-argument is, you will find a way to justify religious/racial bigotry - no matter how irrational and ignorant your justification may be - And for what?

Our recent dialogue illustrates this well. I'll paraphrase it here:

1. The Imam is accused of supporting Hamas within this thread

2. I respond stating that the Imam simply did not return a call requesting comment to him.. I also illustrate US President Jimmy Carter is an active and commenting Hamas supporter.

3. You reply stating how it doesn't matter that a US President supports Hamas because that president is a joke.

4. Jimmy Carter - a Christian U.S. President - is a NOBEL PEACE PRIZE RECIPIENT - he's certainly much less of a "joke" than you or I.

5. And all this even though the Imam has never endorsed the Hamas or their support of the NYC Islamic community center - He simply did not return a media organizations calls asking for comment. And this happens all the time. About 1/2 the news articles I read it states that whoever couldn't be contacted or reached for comment - This is a very typical statement in a news article.

To the larger point, anytime anyone arguing against protecting the rights of any U.S. citizens (especially constitutionally protected ones) will ultimately loss that fight and history will view them in an unfavorable light.

There are numerous examples of this throughout U.S. History - e.g. slave owners, pro-segregationist, women rights opponents, anti-Japanese American protestors and politicians, et cetera, et cetera, et cetara.

The people arguing against erecting the Islamic religious establishment will loss and you will win the ever-lovable title of religious/racial bigot in the history books.

[edit - clarity/grammar]

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   
This was the imam's FULL answer in the context about the question of Hamas.

'Look, I'm not a politician. The issue of terrorism is a very complex question. … There was an attempt in the '90s to have the UN define what terrorism is and say who was a terrorist. There was no ability to get agreement on that. … I am a peace builder. I will not allow anybody to put me in a position where I am seen by any party in the world as an adversary or as an enemy.'

newsbusters.org...

www.nypost.com...

Somehow this became that he was being funded by Hamas. Go figure.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   

The lack of outrage at others does not change anything. Don't pull a strawman.

It is quite easy. "I do not support violence because I am a man of piece". How busy do you have to be that you can't say that? BS. He's biased. And I wouldn't want him near needy and desperate people to take advantage of them. Find a new imam or don't build. It's as simple as that.

reply to post by mothershipzeta

The wrongs of one do not right the other. Again, please do not pull a strawman. Unless someone was asked then it does not matter. He was asked if he supports or has an opinion on the issue. It is incredibly easy to say violence is wrong. He did not. That, in and of itself, is sufficient to denounce him as not a man of peace and taking advantage of people.

I could hardly care what Christian groups say or do. They are wrong to support violence. period. Their choice does not affect me being a Christian in any way. Just as much as a peaceful Imam who renounces violence would fix the entire issue here.

So please, again, no strawmans in the argument. Simple logic only.

reply to post by ~Lucidity

That's stupid. He could reduce that entire statement to "I do not believe in violence" and it would answer the whole thing. To say he is not a politician is total BS with regards to Islam and Islam is a life style as well as a religion. As an Imam, he is politician, councilor, priest, youth leader, and basically president of his Islamic community. To say what he said there is to run away from the issue at hand and to lie. You either support violence or you don't. He clearly there left the question open as to who was right and who was wrong, when the best answer would to say they are both wrong and take no sides.

[edit on 18-8-2010 by Gorman91]

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   
my reply: good, then they don't need another one. native new yorker here who watched TSHTF from his corner on sept. 11th- building a mosque at ground zero is a slap in the face.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by tonypazzo

It's not a mosque and it's not at ground zero. Native NYer here too.

[edit on 8/18/2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

...But....But...he outright condemned the 9/11 attacks. He did it on the same where he said the US's foreign policy was a factor in causing the attacks.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   
mosk on sacred groung isn't gonna happen

the people have spoken

and we have a loud voice

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by SpectreDC

US Foreign Policy was a FACTOR in the attacks. Do a bit of research into why radical/fanatical muslims hold ill-regard for the west. From US invasions, to backing jihadist, inciting revolutions, et cetera, et cetera, et cetera.

Another country invades the US and you wouldn't fight back?

That said, the Imam has denounced the attacks. He has publicly stated that his mission is to eradicate terrorism from Islam. He does not support terrorist activities.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by AmericanDaughter

As well as horrible English.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   

reply to post by SpectreDC

US Foreign Policy was a FACTOR in the attacks.

...Okay? Thank you for repeating the exact same thing I said with no apparent point with it?

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join