It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Perhaps a Crypto-zoology board?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2003 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Self-Explanatory

posted on Mar, 15 2003 @ 12:40 PM
link   
I'm all for it!
Crypto-Zoology is one of the first quasi-paranormal things I got into.

XAOS

posted on Mar, 15 2003 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Be a new interesting board to post in. Sounds like a good plan to me.

posted on Mar, 15 2003 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Could someone explain what this is? I know you said its self-explanatory, but I haven't got a clue.

posted on Mar, 15 2003 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Cryptozoology is the branch of (para)science that deals with lifeforms that don't fit the standard categories of mainstream sciences or don't have much factual material from professional-level studies on them...

Loch Ness Monster, Yeti/Bigfoot, the duckbill platypus...Just to name a few.

posted on Mar, 15 2003 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Thanks for the explanation MD! There is something similar in the area that I live, The Jersey Devil, or would that just be considered urban legend?

posted on Mar, 18 2003 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Is that the story of the town that woke up one winter morning after a fresh snowfall only to find a few miles of small goat-hoof-like tracks all over the countryside?...

...Or am I confusing that story with another?...

posted on Mar, 18 2003 @ 01:34 AM
link   
There are alot of different stories and supposedly over 2,000 sightings and most of them do mention hooved feet. Sounds like you're talking about the same story.

www.geocities.com...

posted on Mar, 18 2003 @ 01:57 PM
link   
No the hooves in the snow, was in england I think, or russia, while the jersey devil is a folk myth of a monster in the pine barrens of new jersey, although they could be related in some paranormal way.

Crypto-zoology is a valid science, and if you want to get into it the book "From Flying Toads to Snakes with Wings" is good. It has almost no mention of big-name cryptids, such as bigfoot or nessie, but has a wide variety of other cryptids.

XAOS

posted on Mar, 25 2003 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I guess no one (besides those that posted in this thread) is really too interested. I still think it would be a great forum.

posted on Mar, 26 2003 @ 10:59 PM
link   
let's be serious

How many possible posts can we make about Bigfoot and the Loch ness monster?

posted on Mar, 27 2003 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Illmatic: I agree, let's be serious. You obviously have more to learn about Cryptozoology if you think it consists of only Bigfoot and the Loch Ness Monster. What about the other cryptids? Such as the Thylacine (Tasmanian Tiger, thought to be extinct but many recent sightings have occured) the Nandi Bear, how about Mokele-mbembe? You see, all i'm saying here is that Cryptozoology is valid and consists of more than just the Loch Ness Monster and Bigfoot.

posted on Mar, 27 2003 @ 12:05 PM
link   
I'm all for a Cryptozoology forum, that's something that i as well have been interested in for a long time

join