It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Ghost Stroller Puzzles Park Slope

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   

A Ghost Stroller Puzzles Park Slope

If you sit on the front stoop of your building practically every day for 25 years, the way James Rudnick has, people expect you to know what is happening on the block. So every day, people stop and ask Mr. Rudnick — Jimmy from Union Street, as he’s known here in Park Slope — what he knows about the white-painted stroller that has been padlocked to a parking sign on the corner of Union Street and Sixth Avenue since the beginning of the month.
A white-painted stroller has appeared on the corner of Sixth Avenue and Union Street in Park Slope, Brooklyn. Sometimes the passers-by look curious; sometimes they are distraught, concerned by the three plastic roses — peach, pink and red — tucked behind the straps, which give the stroller the distinct look of a memorial commemorating some grim accident.

NY Times source

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What is a mystery here is that there were no deaths ever of children is strollers on that block.
Absolutely everyone that works and lives in the area have no idea where it came from, or even why after a month it is allowed to stay chained on the street.

So what's with the "ghost stroller'??

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/dc5e01b38dc1.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 17/8/2010 by Chamberf=6]

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   
If this was meant to be some kind of an artists "statement" one would think the artist would claim it and possibly even explain their intent.
Especially after a month.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   
My thought is that after a month, it's a wonder it hasn't been stolen yet. Otherwise, maybe it's somebody's small monument to a miscarriage or something else involving a baby "lost" by somebody on that street.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue Shift

LOL I had thought about how weird that it wasn't stolen yet too.
I hadn't thought about miscarriage though. But then the 3 flowers inside make me think of 3 lost babies.
I don't know it just makes me scratch my head a bit.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chamberf=6
But then the 3 flowers inside make me think of 3 lost babies.
I don't know it just makes me scratch my head a bit.

Maybe, each a flower for the Dad, mom and child.
IMHO.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Chamberf=6

There is a sort of public or vigilante art that is never claimed. It is meant to get people thinking, but not to glorify the artist.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by rogerstigers

I realize that, but related works in NY, like the white painted bikes and even the white painted pianos were openly claimed. Since this was also painted white yet unclaimed it just adds a bit of mystery.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   
While I was reading the article a song came to mind - can't remember the name of the song but part of the lyrics spoke of Mothers testing the traffic with their baby strollers. Perhaps someone lost a child here a long time ago and decided to leave a memorial. It is a mystery - wonder how long the stroller will stay in place. I think someone out there that left it is very sad for some reason.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Sad, yeah.
But why not even put the first name of the child that was lost, if that is even why the stroller is there? Justs seems like an odd way to grieve if it WAS from something long ago.

new topics

top topics

join