It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Faith Like A Child"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 09:16 PM
link   
I've considered this for several years now. In the Bible (sorry I am not sure which exact verse), Jesus says to "have faith like a child". Now let me disseminate the most likely thing I think he meant for this; believe in me with simpleness, do not concern yourself with formalities, and love me as I love you, simply because I am.

Now given this interpretation, should Christians base their lives on the Bible? Or should they live, loving God, not needing an earthly book to connect them to the Lord?

Please, all interpretations and replies are welcomed.

[edit on 19-6-2004 by iceofspades]

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 09:50 PM
link   
I don't know if this is the verse you're referring too. Matthew 19:14 Suffer little children, and forbid them not, to come unto me: for of such is the kingdom of Heaven. (Matt. 19:14) or Whosoever therefore shall humble himself as this little child, the same is greatest in the kingdom of heaven.(Matt. 18:4)

85% of everybody who has accepted Christ as Savior do so before they are 18 years old. The older you get the harder to accept by faith. Children trust and love their parents, and believe they are loved in return. They by faith believe that the parents have their best interests at heart. Parents shouldn't lie to their kids, they believe they hear truth from them.

God is our a Heavenly Father who says we are to come to Him in faith. Part of that faith is His way of salvation. We are to love and trust Him as we would our earthly father or mother. The Gospel is not hard to understand but is simple enough for a child.

Now when an earthly father and mother abuse and neglect and lie to their children(in all the degrees from least to greatest) that clouds their perception of God. Parents are the first "image" of God they are bonded with. If parents mess up then the child will not only distrust their earthly parents but their perception of God is clouded and they do not learn correctly who God is. Especially when parents abandon their children.

Faith like a child is coming to God knowing that he loves us completely no matter what. He will never leave us. He is here for us. Trusting what He says as the truth. God cannot lie(Titus 1:2)

You have to read the Bible to find out who God is, and in returned your relationship with Him will grow stronger and deeper.

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 10:03 PM
link   
The book is God's word to man. You can get rid of the book but you still have the Great Pyramid of Giza telling you the same thing, you can get rid of the Pyramid, and you'll still have the stars telling you the same story....you can't do anything about the stars....isn't it easier to keep the book?

Children trust....Jesus wants trust. How can you trust someone if you don't know them? Being good to people, living by the golden rule makes for a nice world...but it don't get you to heaven.

Getting to know someone is how you develop relationships...if you ignore the book and just live by the golden rule you are living unto yourself not God ! In Romans Paul speaks about asabeon...non-God-awareness, which God hates because the people who prefer to remain ignorant of the all powerful God think that they're wise in their philosophies but they are actually morons, worshipping the created things rather that the creator.

People can't have their cake and eat it too, they want God on their terms. He must live up to their standards or they won't have Him at all. They really don't believe that He is who He says He is or they sure wouldn't put Him on trial all the time. Yes He's a God of love but He is also a God of hate. He is a God of peace and a God of wrath. He is a God of grace and a God of judgement. You can't disect Him and just keep the parts you like and throw away the parts you don't like. He's the boss, He does the choosing, He does the throwing away. He doesn't mind people questioning Him, but to disagree with His nature and His decisions and live in non-God-awareness one day too long and He'ss turn you over. He will remove from you the God-receiver and you will no longer have the desire to know Him, you'll be eternally cut off from Him....see, He's the boss not us.

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 10:24 PM
link   
If you concern yourself with life and survival and worry what tommorow will bring, then you are living without faith that God will take care of you. A baby nurses and is nourished, but doesn't understand or care how. As you grow older and start to worry about how and who will take care of you, your faith deminishes and your problems start. God created Adam and Eve so that they had no worries. They didn't even know they were naked, but after they corrupted themselves they started to look away from God to fill there needs. I do not believe you need a bible to find faith. As a matter of fact, I suggest the first step you should take is to ask God to help you. He may direct you to read the bible, or he may teach you in another way. I dont think we people should make that decision, because if you read the bible on your terms, you will be missing the part about trusting God. Pray that Yah Shua (Jesus) will direct you and let him guide you. Dont rely on a human.

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 11:06 PM
link   
The bible is a bunch of rubbish... to many writers spoiled the pot. Popes rewrote whole sections.. it's damaged goods.

Jesus was a political activist, and he died because he preached about the end of corruption in the temple, and equal rights.

He died because the powers that be didn't like what he was saying.

posted on Jun, 20 2004 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by UnusualMe
The bible is a bunch of rubbish... to many writers spoiled the pot. Popes rewrote whole sections.. it's damaged goods.

Jesus was a political activist, and he died because he preached about the end of corruption in the temple, and equal rights.

He died because the powers that be didn't like what he was saying.

Teehee, that's so great...and true, it's double awesome.

top topics

join