It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is ATS removing threads and not giving reasons?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   
A few moments ago, I posted a valid question, albeit in the wrong forum, but mod moved it so I thought it was alright. I just wanted a simple answer. Instead, now my thread is gone as well. My ats dashboard tells me that skepticoverlord was the last commenting member in my thread. Did he remove it?
I notice he has a thread asking why all the anger on ATS. Well, my anger at the moment is from threads being removed with no explanation.

So I ask again, and I really want a straight answer, that's all.

1. Why was another members thread about a mystery file deleted?

2. Why was MY thread asking that question removed?

If ATS doesn't censor information, then I would really like to know why my thread was deleted.
Thank you.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   
This has happened to me 3 times today. Went to post on a thread only to find its been removed.

To the mod who is about to delete this tread, I love how you have no sense of irony.

[edit on 17-8-2010 by kevinunknown]

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Did you violate the Terms and Conditions of the website? Maybe you should review them......

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   
No I didn't violate any t@c. The thread I inquired about may have. That's what the question was. Also, I notice that now my ats dash says that JAK is the last to comment on the "deleted" thread. But if I click it, it 404s me?
What is going on ATS?

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   
staff members have real lives too and remember we're members first.

We can't always answer, as fast as you, or for that matter that we would like.

There will be an answer given, please give a little time.

Thanks,

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Each time a thread is moved, the author is notified and provided with a means to communicate with staff as to the reason.

JAK

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   
U2U's are automatically sent to members upon a thread move/removal which should explain matters.

If there are any questions over a particular matter (thread move/removal) members are requested to either reply directly to the member of staff concerned or submit an query via the Submit Suggestion feature found under 'member tools' at the top of each page or in the side menu available in the Member Center.

If a concern is not addressed immediately please be patient.

Jak

top topics

join