It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do all Conspiracy Theories fall into the same trap?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Hey guys,

Just wanted to say, I believe in my own sort of conspiracy theory. However, you look up illuminati and free masons etc. They start going into Negative energy, the Devil, and so on.

Why can people not just believe that there are a group of extremely rich and powerful people out there who want to dominate the world? Why do they have to start going into how all the new stars have sold their soul to the Devil and what not.

Can we not just believe for example that these rich and powerful people, own the media, so control your fame, then say, if you want to be famous, rap about this. And they dont get them to rap about x y and Z because it helps so satanic plan, just that the values it promotes subconciously help with their global plan?

OVERALL what im getting at is why the need for all this far fetched satanic, devil worshipping, reptilian morphing, negative energy, soul selling numerologists?

U think that the most watched videos on youtube are actually disinfo agents?

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Because the elites and entertainers both participate in what appears to be occult rituals? Just a wild guess here.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   
i guarantee if you look up and research occult "rituals" there is nothing harmful about them. The freemasons have always been about finding the truth and focusing on history in religions and ancient civilizations. They also encourage learning and education. Ever wonder why some of the smartest people have been freemasons?

I have a friend who went to a catholic college and she told me that people were spreading really bad rumors about freemasons. She heard that a goal of a freemason is to murder a catholic at least once in their lifetime and they are devil worshipers.

If you really want to understand freemasonry, all you have to do is look back at history, especially in the late 1500's and early 1600's in europe. You will see that science was being persecuted heavily by the church and the only way to really discuss scientific ideas was to go underground. Lucifer is the planet Venus, not Satan. Astronomy is very important to freemasons, along with every other branch of art and science. Do you really think George Washington and most of the people that found this country worshiped satan?

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Perhaps people are too afraid to accept that maybe there is no overall controlling force, that this world is directed by incompetent badly elected officials and have no real cohesion, and as a result is actually causing our world to fall apart, and not making it appear that is falling apart...

But you're right, all conspiracy theories are negative, typically starting from a satanic/devil/cultist point of view which is stereotyping and reductive in actually trying to find answers. I find it strange however when two symbols match, thre must always be a connection, co-incidence doesn't exist, neither does borrowing without any really meaning, such as in the way many rock/pop bands use symbols and imagery without any real knowledge of it's historical meaning...

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by 547000
Because the elites and entertainers both participate in what appears to be occult rituals? Just a wild guess here.

Please ellaborate. Thanks

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   
A major thing is that if you worship the being believed to be causing bad things to happen then that being will cease to cause bad things to happen. A lot of times things that seem evil are moreso good than evil.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheBloodRed
A major thing is that if you worship the being believed to be causing bad things to happen then that being will cease to cause bad things to happen. A lot of times things that seem evil are moreso good than evil.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

How can you rationalize that? It all seems very paganistic.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Toughiv

Originally posted by 547000

Please ellaborate. Thanks

Bohemian grove, etc.

Here, check out this link vigilantcitizen.com...

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 11:01 PM
link   
My shot at this would be that the elite love money.. the love of money = evil..
at least any bible reading believer knows that much.

1 Timothy 6:10  For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows

so therefore .. those in power love money and since they love money.,, that equates the evil portion therein ,,, just my 2 cents

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Originally posted by Toughiv

How can you rationalize that? It all seems very paganistic.

If the journey required for a rise to power, makes immoral people more likely to succeed; then it stands to reason, that a large number of the immoral (yet intelligent) people who rule over us, are still going to have their own questions about God & the Afterlife (just as does, any segment of society, in anywhere on Earth!!).

Obviously this might be especially true before modern science, gave today's atheists more of an excuse, to claim they know enough, (to have faith in what they believe in).

Also (Whatever their upbringing) an intelligent, immoral person might night always be interested in mainstream religion; given if often preaches against “sin”!!! Instead they might likely to become attracted to “alternative” propositions-faiths that are either more morally neutral, or even (perhaps) totally the opposite!

[edit on 090705 by Liberal1984]

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by BeastMaster2012

I couldn't agree more with your first line. Although I cannot speak to Freemason rituals I don't understand why so many people hear the word ritual and automatically jump to the worst case scenario. We use the word lightly for so many things but it seems like when we use it with the word secret it means it must be horrible.

In sports many athletes have a pre-game ritual.
When we wake up many of us have a morning ritual.
Many public organizations have rituals, even the boy scouts have a ritual for each new rank you earn, they just call it a ceremony instead. But it really is a ritual when you say an oath, and perform symbolic gestures(such as saluting the flag or placing your hand on the flagpole and reciting the oath).

Just because some organizations wish to do it in private doesn't mean its evil, more likely they just like the idea that their members are bonded with something that no outsider has experience, even if it is just simple and innocent.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Toughiv

They start going into Negative energy, the Devil, and so on.

And what if it's true,and there really is a Satan and a God,just like the Bible says,but the conspiracy is to convince you it's all a lie,just some stories told by some men?

And Satan would never expose himself as a monster! Any more than the average child molester looks like an ogre. Nope,Satan masquerades as an angel of light! ("And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light." 2 Corinthians 11:14)

So,it might just be the cool and rebellious thing to do,all this "pretend" worship of the devil,as if it's just some creature in the movies? But what if it is really sucking you in to get you to think it isn't real,and at the same time it keeps you from believing what the Bible has to say?

As for the rich and powerful who control this world?...

And the devil said to Him, "I will give You all this domain and its glory; for it has been handed over to me, and I give it to whomever I wish.If thou therefore wilt worship me, all shall be thine." (Luke 4:6,7)

Keep asking yourself these questions and more! And may I suggest you ask God,if He is real and His word is true,for Him to give you true understanding? (It couldn't hurt,right?)

"Lucifer: Angel of Light/Father of Lies"
www.angelfire.com...

[edit on 31-8-2010 by On the Edge]

new topics

top topics

join