It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Israel has 8 days to strike Iran'

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by john124
reply to post by Nomad451

A potentially cataclysmic war averted

Are you sure about that?

US navy will probably begin to inspect Iranian ships at some point in the near future, and there's always the ongoing tensions in Korea and MSM playing up risk of war with China.

The US will eventually find a way to begin a war somewhere to distract attention away from their crumbling economy.

If they can't take out the facilities in future, they'll take out the leaders instead by instigating full-scale warfare using a false-flag operation, or retaliation for Iran refusing to let them board their ships.

[edit on 17-8-2010 by john124]

A very astute observation and analysis from you. The world is on a different path now.

Israel will not attack Iran. As much gonads they have, they too had suffered annihilating oppression before, and knows full well what such an attack on Iran will be. It will cost immense suffering onto world's humanity, not just onto themselves alone.

So far, it had only been words from a mad puppet, and words do not kill, as much as the hawks within the Israeli administration tried to conjure up the fears. There are more empathic leaders in the cabinet, gaining more credibility and strengths as the world's humanity voices its concerns.

Nuke is not the only weapon of death to innocent lives. There are many more ways to kill jews, even a knife would suffice, once any pyschopath's mind is made up to destroy precious human lives.

Ahmad had won. But he had only won the battle, and not the war. With this win, it will mean every other nation will explore the option of having nuke weapons in their lands.

The US had lost. It had been an unwinnable battle from the start. Once Pandora's box of nuke knowledge is made known, it is too late to stifle or close back that box. US or any superpower have no universal right or spare young lives to fight against such changes if EVERY nation seeks to own nukes.

Let this be a lesson for scientists who raced up the tech path, without aquiring the wisdom first to contain it. Just like creating poison, one must first discover the antidote, so that in the event of emergencies, its effects can be contained.

Israel, US and the rest of the world who fears some despot would strike first on a death wish, will just have to research more on how to contain nukes in mid-air, radioactive fallout as well as credible intelligence on such moves.

Be not too happy that Ahmad had won, for it heralds a more dangerous world armed with more nukes in time to come, more than enough to blow this beautiful planet into an asteroid belt in one mad moment of simultaneous launch from every country.

The only way for Ahmad to still lose, within days, is not an attack from the Israelis, but from the soveriegn people of Iran themselves. They are not desert nomads or cave dwelling afghans, but cultured and intelligent people.

They have a right to decide as a soveriegn people if they wish to live with the consequences of owning nukes in their land, just as the chernobyl residents didnt had that right. If they don't want it, the attack from them against their illegal govt will come within days, an attack that no other nation must interfere in.

If not, then the Iranians must be prepared for the consequences of nuke in their homes and lives, and not cry later when havoc is wrecked, either by mistake or by force of the power corrupt ruling class.....

The clock is still ticking to that new and more dangerous path for the world.....

[edit on 18-8-2010 by SeekerofTruth101]

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Another "Israel to attack Iran" thing? Is this like an annual summer event: Hot dogs, water parks and Israel and allies threats of aggression?

Nothing will happen. Israel will not attack Iran. Ever. It's a foolish thing to do with little to gain and nothing other then the onslaught of 10 other Islamic countries who would jump in aide to attempt to violently smite the Jewish nation.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 01:06 AM
link   
One thing to consider, if it has not yet been brought up:

If Israel Does Not, in some way, interdict Iran's efforts to bring this plant on-line, Israel will have lost a considerable amount of its "clout" on the international stage.

Israel has invested a considerable amount of political capital, and no small portion of its international status as an effective player, in denying Iran an opportunity to "Go Nuclear"... in any form.

If, despite all of Israel's efforts, Iran succeeds in bring this plant up to power, it will show that Israel is no longer viewed by the world's powers as having an effective influence in Mideast politics.

Although I for one would not grieve the passing of Israel as a world political influence, I do fear how Israel, herself, might react to its dimishment.

Will Israel take a statesman-like approach and accept its dimished status gracefully? Perhaps taking the oppertunity to deal more equitably with her neighbors.

Or will she respond out of fear and fury, thus plunging, perhaps the entire world, into the darkness and destruction of war?

I'm holding my breath.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by WolfofWar
Another "Israel to attack Iran" thing? Is this like an annual summer event: Hot dogs, water parks and Israel and allies threats of aggression?

Nothing will happen. Israel will not attack Iran. Ever. It's a foolish thing to do with little to gain and nothing other then the onslaught of 10 other Islamic countries who would jump in aide to attempt to violently smite the Jewish nation.

One big difference this year is Israel thinks it has a motive to attack, Iran getting its nuclear plant up and running. We now know when Iran plans to get the rods in, now its Israel's turn to play their hand or see if they were just bluffing. I hope they are just bluffing.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Bhadhidar

'Political clout'? Capital? That's BS only greed fill coporations will mouthed and think in terms. Israel had only one thing in mind for decades, and that's survival in a region of hostile neighbours.

Times had change and new generations had grown up. They had seen the furtilities of violence that ruled, and now may actually give 'peace' a chance, but if only the senile old masters would graciously and compassionately offer that hand.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by anthbes

Every year everybody says this year is the year Israel has the motive to attack.

Nothing ever changes. End of the day, just like last summer, and the summer before it, and the summer before that and the summer before THAT and the summer before that, Israel is poised to attack Iran, and never does.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by WolfofWar

I totally agree with you, we've been hearing this for years now. But you never know. I honestly hope they don't. Iran has never been this close to having a nuclear power plant and Israel might want to keep them without one. We'll see I guess.

The odds are showing this will just be another thread that none of us will remember in a week, but who knows.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 01:33 AM
link   

If they were going to attack then what are they waiting for? Last minute uhms and ahs? No. I believe it would be done already... If Israel have not bombed Iran now they never will IMO.

Too bad for them , they lost.. No war for Israel boo hoo for their war hawks. Iran will start generating electricity by the end of September, they'll keep enriching uranium for their reactors, and that will be that.

I would bet my entire savings that if left totally untouched, Iran would never ever ever attack Israel. There will never be a mushroom cloud over Tel Aviv.

If by some weird occurance Israel does decide to take out Bushehr along with the rest of their facilities before Saturday, Israel will be turned into ash from all fronts. And they know that the US will not back them up

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nomad451

If they were going to attack then what are they waiting for? Last minute uhms and ahs? No. I believe it would be done already... If Israel have not bombed Iran now they never will IMO.

Too bad for them , they lost.. No war for Israel boo hoo for their war hawks. Iran will start generating electricity by the end of September, they'll keep enriching uranium for their reactors, and that will be that.

I would bet my entire savings that if left totally untouched, Iran would never ever ever attack Israel. There will never be a mushroom cloud over Tel Aviv.

If by some weird occurance Israel does decide to take out Bushehr along with the rest of their facilities before Saturday, Israel will be turned into ash from all fronts. And they know that the US will not back them up

If ever there is a mushroom cloud over Tel Aviv, it will be too late for you and I to do anything about it, nor your savings worth anything.

Rather than to rejoice that Israel had 'lost', it would behoove you and I to ensure peace reigns in the Middle East with neighbours in peaceful co-existant. That would be a more remarkable and celebrative joy.

Peace be unto you.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 01:57 AM
link   
reply to post by wylde99

So why the magic "8" days, why not 7 or even 9 days. Are they planning
to Launch Missiles on the 9th day.

It sounds more like Pre-Emptive War to me. Were gonna kick them
back to stone age before they think about kicking us back to the stone age.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 02:02 AM
link   
reply to post by skeptic_al

NO ONE is gonna kick anyone back to the stone age. If such policy was adhered to, citizens of US, China and USSR would still be living in caves today after the height of the cold war if saner men had not prevailed then, and must continue to prevail today as nukes proliferate.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Did you read any of the articles provided in the OP's thread? Dude, it pays to read any articles provided in the first post, then you wouldn't need to ask!

Iran's nuclear reactor Bushehr is about to be loaded up with fuel rods on Saturday. So really we have 3 days before that occurs, but it was 8 days when John Bolton said it.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 02:21 AM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

Yeah I agree totally. Peace be unto everyone! I'm glad Iran have successfully thwarted Israel's war plans therefore peace all round.

Now all we need to do is work out how to shutup the Jews and the yanks in trying to control the world and everyone will be happy harry

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nomad451

Yeah I agree totally. Peace be unto everyone! I'm glad Iran have successfully thwarted Israel's war plans therefore peace all round.

Now all we need to do is work out how to shutup the Jews and the yanks in trying to control the world and everyone will be happy harry

Be not too fast to heap credit upon Ahmad, for had it not been world's humanity voicing its concerns and alarms, the nation of Iran would have been snuffed out in single moment.

Be thankful there is still compassion and conscience in this world, as well as to the divine for His mercy, if you are of the faith.

Shutup is an offensive word. Had the world 'shutup' been used as you demanded, you and I would be weeping over our loved ones lost in a catylsmic war of unprecedented proportions.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 02:38 AM
link   
reply to post by wylde99

You guys allowed this dude to be your ambassador for the UN? Why do you guys think the world hates the US?

As if his Mustache is not scary enough..

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 02:43 AM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

"Shutup is an offensive word. Had the world 'shutup' been used as you demanded, you and I would be weeping over our loved ones lost in a catylsmic war of unprecedented proportions."

Yeah ok.. conversation appears to be leaving the confines of Earth now.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 02:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Nomad451

Turning on a reactor is a long way from launching any Nuk-Yellar
Offensive attack on anybody. And turning on the Hadron Colllider was
probably more dangerous because it had never done before, dispelling
any excuse for not turning it on.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 02:52 AM
link   
I just hope they don't blow each other up.

[edit on 18-8-2010 by oniongrass]

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Exactly.

Hence why there will not, and shouldn't be any attack on Iran.

Especially before this Saturday

John Bolton just needs to die... To put it simply.

[edit on 18-8-2010 by Nomad451]

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 03:01 AM
link   
reply to post by oniongrass

When Iran becomes nuke capable and there is a revolution, we can only look at another similar nation and judge accordingly.

Pakistan comes to mind. Fortunately, the keys to the nuke launch briefcase is kept safe, at least so far, and may it be for Iran should a revolution occurs then, regardless if it was spontoneous or not.

Such are the concerns about nukes which generations ago, our ancestors did not have to worry about. It is the price one pays for such ownership, and may mankind for goodness be responsible about it.

The need to settle our differences becomes more urgent now, so that no one will make use of it to threaten or harm another. It will be the masses who always and ultimately suffers, and not the elites or political masters.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join