It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien Abductions Threads are LIES (Mostly)!!!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien
Why should we revere you as special? You're not our Creator. We owe you nothing. You don't believe? Who cares really? The onus is not on us rather the pity is really on you!

So do yourself a favor, step down from that righteous pedestal of yours and stop being so arrogant! (and perhaps while you're practicing that you might want to brush up on your spelling too? Just a thought)

I don't see any need to really go the personal attack direction - although I share your distaste for the premise of the thread to begin with. In fact for me this borders closely on the route a fundamentalist skeptic takes. It becomes less about the notion of what is true and what isn't: it goes to a personality trait most commonly shared by fundamentalist skeptics - desperate elitism I suppose would be the best way to describe it.

In the end, it plays out to simply having a desire to be the smartest one in the room, and dispel the "nonsense" for all their perceived foolish masses they attempt to dominate intellectually. That's really all it boils down to, and any conversation with this personality type will bear that out - all you need do is listen and not be on the attack (that's really what they want - to fluster and bait you into personal attacks - they win by default).

Trust me, I'm the last one to stay cool in debate, but this sort of thing is nothing to get bent over. The OP has obviously no real working knowledge of the phenomenon and is therefore not equipped for the discussion to begin with. But, it's been a pleasure talking with all of you guys and gals.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by kevinunknown

I have never been abducted, nor have I ever read any of these threads. The matter of abduction is simply scientific probability that you seem to ignore and call impossible. I disagree with you because your logic is very flawed. You seem to support science/mathematics when it benefits you, but not when it doesn't. Again, a lack of evidence does not mean it doesn't exist. If you think that, then like I said, the Earth has no core, because long ago they believed the Earth was flat. Therefore since they had a lack of knowledge and drew this conclusion, we should follow it. And before you say, "oh well they found proof otherwise", tell me who found proof? The ones who completely denied the possibility, or the ones who kept their minds open? Tell me how were ever suppose to find evidence for UFO's in the first place, if we close the case right now? If humans thought like that, wed literallly be in the stone age. If we thought like that, its scientifically impossible to get out of the stoneage, because everything we WOULDN'T have known about, we would have declared false, while we sit on a piece of land and do nothing with out lifes.

Oh yea, and I added you on my foe's list because like others said, you show your ignorance in every post, and hold yourself higher than basically the whole human race since you seem to feel like you have mastered the universe. I also don't foe people, but you are the exception since you are obviously are out to belittle others. Take a good look in the mirror and realize it is YOU who is speaking without proof. You are making a claim that abductions are impossible, therefore you have a GREATTT deal of scientific research to bring into this thread. The amount of research you would need to bring into this thread to prove abductions are scientifically impossible, is literally impossible because there isn't enough proof against it.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   
And another thing, THIS IS ACTUALLY A HOAX THREAD. Do you see where your hypocritcal? You just stated that all alien abductions are hoaxes because of their lack of proof, a conclusion drawn from your lack of proof. Do you see the hypocracy here? Unlike the abduction threads, you are taking your opinon and stating it as fact with no evidence whatsoever. Therefore, it is YOU who is the hoaxer, and this thread which should be moved to the hoax forum.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by jritzmann

This is true, and you made a good point earlier in this thread, I believe on page four, that people should have listened to.

Personalities such as this are not unusual, and one may encounter them at any forum on any subject as long as the topic can be perceived as ambiguous or as long as it's not grounded in hard facts nailed to a wall.

I'll refer to my first post in this thread, that I believe most of us could agree upon.

Originally posted by Droogie
reply to post by kevinunknown

You might be right, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't take it an less seriously in regards to the trauma some of these people experience, and this is something you fail to mention in your post.

I believe some of the people that claim to have been abducted, experience it as real, and therefore they should recieve real support and real treatment for it.

[edit on 17/8/10 by Droogie]

Furthermore, I don't think it helps calling them out as liars, wich further adds to the hardships these human beings have to encounter. The psychological burden must be inconceivable to most, and calling them all liars strengthen the social stigma already attributed to the abduction phenomena.

To touch this thread at all, no matter what your opinion is, will do no good.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Was my reminder about courtesy is mandatory not clear enough?

Any more personal attacks against members - posting bans will be handed out!

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Closed pending staff review.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join