It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien Abductions Threads are LIES (Mostly)!!!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by metalholic
reply to post by Matthew Dark

btw alot of people that are abducted dont know they have implants and if they think they might have one they dont know where its located as ur dealing with medical science well above our own so if they dont want to leave a scar good luck finding it!

alot of people get abducted and dont know it fantasy land keeps them ignorant to the fact

[edit on 18-8-2010 by metalholic]

Sweet!
I'll watch it when I get home from school.
More to come later.
thanx man!

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   

reply to post by Human_Alien

ever heard of the majestic 12? i think that is the head to the government body..jus a theory though

I think MJ-12 was a front. Like a cover-story to appease the public. To make us feel there was someone (twelve of them in fact) investigating all the sightings and....to filter monies.

(Notice how powerful the number 12 is in people's mind? Twelve jurors. Twelve disciples. Twelve months. Twelve zodiac signs. Majestic 12)

After 1947 (according to modern-history) UFOs were spotted all over the place and by every walk of life.

So rather than the GOVERNment talking to the public and bullchitting them they trumped up this 'team'.
But alas, MJ-12 closed up shop in the 60's. I guess they found out all they needed to find out *eye roll*

MJ-12 is sorta like what SETI is today (which to me, is totally bogus).
They want their flock of sheeple to have the impression.....they're manning the skies and keeping an eye on things. (Wish I could get a job, sitting there, waiting for a space signal!)
The more I think about SETI the more of an insult they are to my intelligence. Why do I feel like baa-ing now?

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

i think what u described of them might jus be what they want us to think...think about this why 12..why is 12 such a number through out history...12 sumerian gods is the answer! 12 x 3 is 36...12 x 30 is 360

360 as u know is a complete cirlce why such numbers? 12...12 gods of sumer! all over the world these mathematic have been applied since sumerian civilization!

and sumerians arent the only ones to have 12 gods

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Clearly this is an unpopular thread, I understand why, I have effectively called most of you who claim to have been abducted by UFO’s liars, ignorant or ill and accused those of you who believe in the abductees stories, gullible or ignorant.

I make no apologies for this, the point is every time I see a UFO abduction some members just flatly believe in what the abductee claims. There is never any evidence to corroborate any abductee story the only reason people who believe them, believe because they “believe” in UFO abductions. This to me is the height of ignorance, the only threads on ATS were no evidence is required for one to believe appears to be the abduction and religion threads.

I personally do not believe in UFO abductions due to a lack of solid evidence therefore when somebody makes an abduction claim there is either an earthy expiation to what happened or they are lying. Ask yourself what’s more likely, I have been abducted by aliens form a far off planet or my entire abduction story is a complete lie.

Like allot of unpopular threads some of you have went for the personal attack against me claiming that I have only wrote this thread for attention. Yup well done, every time I write a thread I do it hopping people will respond and thus give my writing some attention. Everybody on ATS is doing the exact same thing, if you say you’re not then you’re again lying. The people who write these threads about how they were abducted are doing so for attention, and their story is probably a lie or has another more plausible explanation. At least I am telling it like it is, we need to be more strait talking on ATS, stop worrying about offending people, if I think you’re lying am going to call you a liar.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by jritzmann
I fully understand what you're saying in most of your post, but this one sentence quoted above is part of the problem: we shouldn't be "swaying" anyone. This is not about belief, or educating anyone. It's not an ideology (although plenty of people in UFOLogy have turned it into that) - it's an experience.

I'm all about discussing the issue, but swaying? I'd rather have 10 people with critical thought involved than I would 100 dyed in the wool believers with their own preconceived pedestrian notions.

Make sense?

I understand what you are saying, but we why should we not be seeking to educate? With education, any one of those 100 believers, depending on their intelligence and open-mindedness, can easily join the 10 critical thinkers.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by DoomsdayRex

hey man u do realise thats a lose lose situation for both parties right? every day critical thinkers become believers and possibly some believers become critical thinkers!

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   

hey man u do realise thats a lose lose situation for both parties right? every day critical thinkers become believers and possibly some believers become critical thinkers!

Being a critical thinker and being a believer are not mutually exclusive.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   
i cant realy ssay ifi have or i have not what i experanced felt more like a dream ,who knows , i am sure the truth will come out some day

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by DoomsdayRex

i dont care how critical someone thinks they are everyone can be broken! even a critical thinker can be a believer...how many critical thinkers u know are christians? if u even say 1 there ya go!

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Nephi1337

If it felt like a dream it probably was, I had a dream last night were Graham Norton chased me naked round a school shooting me with a ray gun. At the time it felt very real, when i woke up it still felt real, like it really happened to me. But guess what, I know it was a dream.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by DoomsdayRex
I understand what you are saying, but we why should we not be seeking to educate?

Hey Rex-
That would assume that anyone *could* educate anyone to begin with. People come into this with their own cultural filters and preconceived notions. We cannot escape that. We all come into this with that baggage. The only solution to that baggage is to leave it behind, and you can't do that without looking in other places for thoughts to compare against this phenomenon. The answer...well, screw the answer...better questions won't come from UFOlogy. UFOlogy is dead. It's been surrendered to the soft thinking morons, the mush minded, and the frauds.

To bring a discussion into this particular thread involving human perception, the nature of reality, or anti-structure and liminal states, is to be asked "ok, but where's the proof?" It's futile. You can easily tell the entire subject has gone over the heads of the ETH believers and those who believe in absolute flesh and blood aliens - those who want some black and white Reader's Digest answer...when there isn't one, and that's obvious in just the past 60+ years of "modern ufology".

The whole tone of the conversation has to change, or it's to be left in the stagnated thought process often seen here, which has gotten us nowhere.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   

i dont care how critical someone thinks they are everyone can be broken! even a critical thinker can be a believer...how many critical thinkers u know are christians? if u even say 1 there ya go!

Again, being a believer and being a critical thinker are not mutually exclusive. So I do not understand your point.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by DoomsdayRex

Originally posted by jritzmann
I fully understand what you're saying in most of your post, but this one sentence quoted above is part of the problem: we shouldn't be "swaying" anyone. This is not about belief, or educating anyone. It's not an ideology (although plenty of people in UFOLogy have turned it into that) - it's an experience.

I'm all about discussing the issue, but swaying? I'd rather have 10 people with critical thought involved than I would 100 dyed in the wool believers with their own preconceived pedestrian notions.

Make sense?

I understand what you are saying, but we why should we not be seeking to educate? With education, any one of those 100 believers, depending on their intelligence and open-mindedness, can easily join the 10 critical thinkers.

maybe ur own words will help u see the point i made in the first reply!

so as far as believers joining critical thinkers...there not mutually exclusive

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by kevinunknown

To all your naysaying (and trying to figure out the reason you started this thread) I'll say this:

For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Dr. Sagan sums up my own personal views on the "abduction" issue quite nicely here.

www.pbs.org...

NOVA: Could you please comment on the part of the quality of the evidence that is put forward by these so-called "abduction proponents."

SAGAN: Well, it's almost entirely anecdote. Someone says something happened to them...And, people can say anything. The fact that someone says something doesn't mean it's true. Doesn't mean they're lying, but it doesn't mean it's true.

To be taken seriously, you need physical evidence that can be examined at leisure by skeptical scientists: a scraping of the whole ship, and the discovery that it contains isotopic ratios that aren't present on earth, chemical elements form the so-called island of stability, very heavy elements that don't exist on earth. Or material of absolutely bizarre properties of many sorts—electrical conductivity or ductility. There are many things like that that would instantly give serious credence to an account.

But there's no scrapings, no interior photographs, no filched page from the captain's log book. All there are are stories. There are instances of disturbed soil, but I can disturb soil with a shovel. There are instances of people claiming to flash lights at UFOs and the UFOs flash back. But, pilots of airplanes can also flash back, especially if they think it would be a good joke to play on the UFO enthusiast. So, that does not constitute good evidence.

I have no doubt that some of these people are experiencing real mental anguish but I think it is dangerous for them to channel this real pain into some kind of alien experience. These people need to see medical professionals before they cause real pain to themselves or the people around them.

Given that thousands of people have claimed to have been abducted I am sure that some of resorted to drug use or suicide to deal with the mental issues they were undergoing. In that case, certain "believers" have done a great disservice to their fellow man by encouraging these delusions instead of recommending "abductees" receive professional counseling from medical professionals.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 03:11 AM
link   
reply to post by kevinunknown

You said "I personally do not believe in UFO abductions due to a lack of solid evidence therefore when somebody makes an abduction claim there is either an earthy expiation to what happened or they are lying."

You have not seen the evidence, therefore it does not exist? Well world, Kevinunknown does not believe in it, therefore we must now close the case. UFO's do not exist, and according to Kevinunkown who has investigated every single case and has mastered the universe, it is either an earthly explanation or everyone is lieing. Wow Kevinunkown, you are my hero! When will you be releasing your book on everything? I'm dieng to know what else you can explain with that incredible logic!

Letme rephrase your sentance for you. "I personally do not believe in UFO abductions due to a lack of evidence therefore when somebody makes and abduction claim, I FEEL that their is either an earthly explanation to what happend, or they are lying."

And it's much more ridiculous to say that we are the only ones in this universe, than it is to claim you've been abducted by aliens. There's is a much higher probability that their is other intelligence in the universe, than the probability of NO intelligence. And given that their is probability for life, their is probability for abduction. I guess that you only consider what supports your theory.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 03:33 AM
link   
And no, most on ATS post threads that contain information, or a philosphy/idea on a given issue. Their is also a grey area for those threads with no evidence, in which you choose to enter, and then demand proof in a section dedicated to no proof.

Yea, their are those on ATS who post to seek attention and replies, and talk about how "stupid" the other side of their argument is. There are those who post to make themselves feel higher, and those who want attention for egotistical reasons. Their are those who lie. Point being, are these your idols? Because they do it, your goal is to add to the mess, and do what your being critical of?

What we need on ATS is open discussion. The ability to keep an open mind, and discuss an issue, without having to stick to a certain theory and only that which supports that theory. The ability to discuss an issue without having to make a decision on our stance, and the ability to look into the other side of an argument, and which we stand against. What we don't need on ATS is people like you who go around and decide what is and isn't true, using limited knowledge, and declaring things false based on a lack of knowledge.

Using your logic, the core of the Earth DOES NOT EXIST, because long ago they believed the Earth was flat.

Using your logic, radio waves DO NOT EXIST, because long ago they did not believe in such things.

Do you get where I'm going here? Do you see the flaw in logic in declaring things impossible due to a LACK of knowledge on the subject?

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 03:41 AM
link   
Well, a lot of people are reporting the same thing during these abductions. People that do not know each other and have never had any contact with one another are saying basically the same exact scenarios and are describing the same exact details almost to a T.

Im not saying that a % of them are not hoaxes and false - I am saying that when people that have had zero connection with one another state the same exact thing, that a more open investigation needs to be done.

Something is happening to these people....What? I dont have a clue.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 04:05 AM
link   
After reading the works of the late John Mack and Budd Hopkins along with a good number of others, I have concluded that they people they are talking to are stating what THEY THINK is the truth. They do not think they are lieing. Now the truth could be any number of things depending on how you look at it; Physchotic episodes, inter-dimensionals, extraterrestrials, time travellers...etc. For me...I go with the extraterrestrial hypothosis with a smattering of interdimensional contacts and drug trips and lunatics.

I wish people on thise board would have a friendly cooperative time together with out getting in a pissing match. Calling each other names and saying to yourselves "you are dead wrong I am not going to listen to you or your opinions, bla,bla,bla". That is not how things should be, but lately as of this year it seems to be steadily incresing.

[edit on 19-8-2010 by johnthejedi24]

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 04:09 AM
link   
I guess my response to the OP is either you have not been researching this phenomena or looking in the wrong places in you're finding. Look it is easy to say there is nothing happening sure it seems always to be hear say. Many cases can be attributed to sleep paralysis , mental disorders and copy cat rip offs. However this phenomena would have faded in to obscurity a long time ago if it was bound the these factors. Quite the contrary, there are several cases with multiple witnesses. Also physical evidence and even implants made of materials not of this planet. Now can you explain or debunk these cases? Just a few.

Travis Walton abduction - Multiple Witnesses
www.abovetopsecret.com...

The Kelly Cahill abduction - Multiple Witnesses
www.abovetopsecret.com...

The Manhattan Abduction of Linda Cortile Napolitano - Multiple Witnesses
www.ufocasebook.com...

I have known someone close to be I will call him BOB. He is an abductee and is second generation after his father of being abducted. He is a very down to earth respectable guy with no mental health history and is very withdrawn from talking about his abductions. He is not one to seek attention and make up storys. He is traumatized by his abductions and visibly shaken when he trys to talk about his encounters. IMO he is telling the truth and to call him a loon or liar would be very ignorant if you have ever talked with him in person. I have researched this phenomena for years and I only have questions not answers however this is happening and it is REAL. The Roeper report is a reality and John Mack institute has done some great research in to Abductions. You should approach this with an open mind and pull you're head out the sand and check you're ignorance at the door please..

[edit on 19-8-2010 by Unknown Soldier]

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join