It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien Abductions Threads are LIES (Mostly)!!!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 08:06 AM
link   
I see quite allot of threads about these alien abduction on ATS and on the internet as a whole. I don’t believe any of them, to call me a sceptic when it comes to UFO abductions is a huge understatement, like saying a blue whale has a average sized penis for a land mammal. I think there is either an entirely plausible explanation that does not involve little green men or the personal account of the abduction event is entirely fictional, in other words a lie. There are just so many things about all of abduction stories that don’t make sense, this however does not mean I don’t believe in UFO’s, I just don’t believe you when you tell me you took a trip in one last night.

Like I said some of these abduction stories are probably lies, it’s really that simple and I think it goes for more adduction stories than we are prepared to admit because we are all too nice. I think people make these abduction stories up for a series of mostly selfish reasons the main one being to attract attention. They also do it I think to fuel their sense of importance in the their other was insignificant lives, “look how special the lizard man from the planet Zogg said I was” type claims, only fuel my suspicions that these abduction stories are lies were there only purpose is to express the authors delusions of grandeur. The lie is the manifestation of a desire of the liar to prove to himself he is more than just a man, he is special. We really have take a step back and ask our self’s at times, what’s more likely, wee Jimmy was abducted by UFO’s or he’s making it up?... I know my answer.

That being said wee Jimmy might not always be telling a pack of lies there could be another explanation. The most popular one is usually the hallucination explanation of what happened, which can sometimes be the genuine explanation. The abduction event might have felt very real, however it was just the mind playing tricks for whatever reason. The abduction event might also have been a dream that he or she has confused with reality, again allot more plausible than “I was abducted by a 3 headed fish”. It could also be possible at the time of the abduction you were intoxicated which lead to be developing such a strange memory. Then again perhaps the abduction story is the result of a psychotic episode.

A claim often made by the abductees is that they experienced a black out, well maybe you just passed out, and were not abducted as you slept by ET so he could give you an anal probe. The blackout abductions are my favourite because they almost always come with the claim that “I can’t remember what happened to me”, convent eh? I have probably missed out a few other explanations but one thing is for sure none of the plausible logical explanations include space ships and Jabba the hut.

Although these more earthly explanations make scene I have also noticed that the original story of the abduction event by the “abductee” tends to include disclaimers that the person abducted was declared mental sane at the time (because well have a piece of paper form a shrink confirming this, right?). There are further disclaimers to their story that they never drank or took any narcotics before the events, and my favourite disclaimer of all the whiteness. All of these disclaimers in the original abduction event story only serve on purpose; to eliminate the plausible explanations so that the reader will believe that the author of the abduction testimony really was abducted and this fuels said authors own self worth and delusions of grandeur.

There is also never any evidence that is present that can corroborate the testimony of the abductee, we are placing any believe in his or her story purely on their testimony. This would not be acceptable for any other thread on ATS yet it is considered acceptable for the abductions threads by some members. I have never seen any solid evidence or even any attempt to provide any evidence other than elaborating on the original story. Where are the scars that show were they probed, were are the unusually high radiation readings emanating from their person, why are they not psychologically scared, where is the testimony of all these other people who witnessed your ascension into the alien craft (apart from your mum or best friend). And another glaring problem with your account of abduction, why are you still here to tell us about it. If we are to believe that ET is super intelligent then why would he drop you off back on earth for you to tell everyone about what’s happened. Why is it that ET has no problem picking you up to prod you with a stick but wont land on the lawn of the white house and say “hi!, sorry about the cows”.

I can already predict some of the responses to this thread about a higher conscious, telepathy, enlightenment and there might even by one or two calling me a disinfo agent. They are all utter rubbish unless you can prove their existence, just like if you can’t prove you were abducted by the millennium Falcon odds are you are either lying or there is another passable explanation, probably that your still lying.

[edit on 17-8-2010 by kevinunknown]

[edit on 17-8-2010 by kevinunknown]

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by kevinunknown

A couple of years ago, I'd probably agree with you. The only abductees and stories I knew about were absurd. The players looked ridiculous and told stories that didn't even sound true. Stan Romanek! Flakey looking folk on US news broadcasts. It was like the embarrassing relative of UFOs.

In recent months, I've altered course a bit and point more towards...maybe and 'I'm not sure.' There's a rich history of abduction accounts and I'm not talking about the 'abduction phenomena' in America. That thing with Hopkins and Jacobs is something else entirely imo. I don't believe every abductee claimant is a liar. Maybe there are other reasons and they're open to speculation.

If there's a suspicion that UFOs and associated phenomena are from something intelligent and somewhere else...is it a great leap to the abduction scenario? If someone is visiting our world, perhaps interviewing the natives would be part of the mission? Maybe bagging and tagging would be part of the process?

So I guess I'm curious and as skeptical as I'm able to be without ruling anything out.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   
I think a lot of people really truely believe that they have been abducted, and the intentional lie is not that common.

I absolutley believe that there is other intelligent life in the universe, however I can think of no reason whatsoever for them to come to Earth in their ships with blinking lights to abduct people for experiments, or breeding,,ect; It just makes no sense. There is NOTHING on Earth which isn't abundent in the universe.

The sleep paralysis explanation to me, is the one that makes most sense. I've experienced this phenonema once in my life, it was very scary and felt very real. When I "woke" up, I knew right away what it was, but I'll be damned if it didn't feel like something real had happened.

The whole abduction myth has been part of our history, in recent times the abductions have been by aliens, but if you look at historical data you will see that humankind has been reporting these types of visitations for centuries. Fairies, demons, gods, aliens ect; In a hundred years, will it be...AI? my guess is a good as yours!

So I wouldn't go as far as saying people who report abductions are lying, and I can't completely dismiss the possibility ( John Mack's work makes me doubt), but I think the most rational and likely explanation is the sleep paralysis/waking dream scenario.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 08:52 AM
link   

You might be right, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't take it an less seriously in regards to the trauma some of these people experience, and this is something you fail to mention in your post.

I believe some of the people that claim to have been abducted, experience it as real, and therefore they should recieve real support and real treatment for it.

The paradox is, how can you distinguish between the people that want to take advantage of the abduction phenomena and the others that truly believe they've experienced something truly horrible? These two factors doesn't necessarily exclude each other either.

In my opinion the people taking advantage and concoct a story to gain fame and fortune are despicable, and they ruin it for the ones in need of help. They add to the already aweful social stigma associated with the abduction phenomena making it even harder for the other ones to cope with their situation.

[edit on 17/8/10 by Droogie]

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   
With these claims I think it's important to keep the concept of Fallibilism in mind.

Fallibilism is the epistemological thesis that no belief (theory, view, thesis, and so on) can ever be rationally supported or justified in a conclusive way.

Always, there remains a possible doubt as to the truth of the belief.

Fallibilism applies that assessment even to science’s best-entrenched claims and to people’s best-loved commonsense views.

Some epistemologists have taken fallibilism to imply skepticism, according to which none of those claims or views are ever well justified or knowledge. In fact, though, it is fallibilist epistemologists (which is to say, the majority of epistemologists) who tend not to be skeptics about the existence of knowledge or justified belief.

Generally, those epistemologists see themselves as thinking about knowledge and justification in a comparatively realistic way — by recognizing the fallibilist realities of human cognitive capacities, even while accommodating those fallibilities within a theory that allows perpetually fallible people to have knowledge and justified beliefs.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Kevinunknown,
I agree with you but watch this vid with Tyson.

I have posted this link on here before. It is my opinion as well.

www.milkandcookies.com...

73's,
Tom

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 09:28 AM
link   

actually unless ur an abductee you have no idea..as a matter of fact anyone that redicules someone for claiming they are an abductee is actually kinda ignorant it would be like you or someone else claiming that they can crap out a pineapple size piece of fecal matter no one else can so why would you?

no one has witnessed you do it..so all in all you must be a liar!?!

i call TROLL on this one!

[edit on 17-8-2010 by metalholic]

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   

I like to look at Alien Abduction experiences that same way I do with UFO.
The vast majority, maybe 99%, are explainable. With Alien Abduction they can be attributed to hoaxes or can be attributed to known physiological and psychological processes and even culturally explainable in the context of contemporary science and technology impacting on traditional supernatural and religious beliefs. Hoaxes aside, these other reasons don't generally make people liars.

Many, many, many individuals believe that their experiences are real and Alien Abduction is just one experience amongst dozens of different types of supernatural events that people claim to experience, and have done so for thousands of years. So, whilst I understand your concerns, I disagree with your thread title entirely.

I have even read studies indicating a specific psychological profile that many abduction experiencers have, this profile represents 25% of the general population that tends to lean towards the fantastic and magical thinking, it is schizotypy( don't start freaking out at the term, it is one quarter of the population).

We actually live in a world dominated by this fantastical and magical thinking. Think about the religious beliefs that dominate societies!
Is every thread written concerning religious beliefs or experiences a lie? People believe in Gods, and Spirits, Astral Projections, Channelled Communications or Re-incarnated Souls etc etc.
Alien Abduction experiences are quite similar in that these experiences mostly rely on personal testimony and belief. This does not mean people are lying intentionally, ATS members included.

There are many myths surrounding the Alien Abduction field. The biggest one is that people are liars, crazy, maladjusted or attention seekers.

But ask yourself this, why are so many normal people in general and (ATS members) present with these experiences?
Why would these normal people open themselves up to the ridicule, the skepticism, the isolation from work friends, relatives, partners or forum members? Why would you lie like that?

Here is a thread I posted a while back. It has many links to studies and it also has a few posts from individuals who openly and honestly share their beliefs.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I have come to find from my experiences in this topic that whether you or I believe it or not, is irrelevant.
People believe that they have actually had these experiences.

Explaining them is another matter entirely.
I think your OP post is unfair.

[edit on 17/8/10 by atlasastro]

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Friend, I would have agreed with you fully up until 1984, when I myself was taken for 6 hours.
I suffer to this day from that experience, and cannot remember one thing from it once the sequence began. I got the only sunburn I have ever had, at night, and my pancreas no longer produces the sugars I need to survive. I am not wishing this would happen to you, or anyone else,for that matter. But, the thing is, once this kind of thing does happen, it changes you forever. You never think the same way again.

Since that time, I have been taken again, several times. These times were not forced, I was invited, like. I have been made privy to a great many things that pertain to me and the world around me. So, to me, ET is real as can be. You can think what you want, and more power to you.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 09:33 AM
link   
I don't think that all the folk who claim to have been "abducted by aliens" think they've really been abducted by real aliens. A lot of them don't.

I know folk who have been "abducted by aliens" who don't go around saying they've really been abducted by real aliens because although it seems like they were really abducted by real aliens they're still suspicious of the event and think it might be something else. BUT THEY DON'T KNOW WHAT.

If it was a single person who was "abducted by aliens" then brain disease, blackout, hallucination, or whatever might suffice as an explanation. But if it's a group of people who have been "abducted by aliens" then most of those explanations don't fit, so all that's really left is that they were either "abducted by aliens" or they really were abducted by real aliens. The use of the quote marks is important, I think.

In case I've caused confusion imagine your mum saying -"you know that thing, "abducted by aliens"? Well, I think that's happened to me"
You- "what you really think you were abducted by real aliens?"
Mum- laughing nervously -"NO, but that "abducted by aliens" thing, that really did happen to me, I don't know what it was."

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

incase you dont know you have a transmitter surgeorically implanted in you somewhere...thats how they know no matter where you are they can find you...the reason your body doesnt reject it is b/c they have surrounded it in a sheath of nervous tissue your body thinks its another part of it..and btw it runs off the electricity your body produces to function

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by kevinunknown
I don’t believe any of them, to call me a sceptic when it comes to UFO abductions is a huge understatement

You meant skeptic?

It is appropriate you spelled in wrong because you are not a true skeptic.

A true skeptic is skeptical to everything, including conventional ideas.

You are a conventionalist.

You assume that the most commonly believed explanation is ALWAYS the right answer.

To say "I don't believe any of them" is not the words of a real skeptic.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 09:41 AM
link   
I don't know where to start so I will just link you to a thread from Jkrog08 that shows the top 5 cases of possible alien abduction.

Five of The Most Solid Abduction Accounts

I go back and forth myself with the thought of alien abductions and whether or not they are real events or something imaginary during sleep but the ones that happen when one isn't asleep are what make me question it..

The Betty and Barney Hill case is what got me into alien abduction cases. I was watching Unsolved Mysteries and aliens or ufos were ALWAYS my favorite segments...Robert Stacks voice made it that much creepier to watch

Anyways after reading that story as well as others it makes me wonder and I still wonder. I do believe they are possible because I do believe in aliens but do I believe all the stories are true? No, I am still trying to figure that out myself.

What if it happened to you? Would you dismiss it as a dream or would you think it was real?

[edit on 8/17/2010 by mblahnikluver]

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Most of those writing about abductions are telling the truth, in fact they all are unless they're trying to get you to buy a DVD for a special retreat. Period. Period. Period.

All people are processed by ETs, you too. Everyone, but some remember it, and some have a lot more.

For many reasons, partly they need the jolt, for awareness there is more to life than this, and for others it is a real effort to wake them up.

Times are critical here on this planet and not going the right way. Though its a school, this one is a real hijacked system run by a small group of wanna be elite thugs and they throw their weight and technology which includes weather and earthquake warfare around like theres no tomorrow.

The curtain comes up for everyone including them.

Ets are very spiritual, not religious, very metaphsyics, quantum physics spiritual, because when you push your consciousness and psi and love to the next level, without credo you discover the way the universe really works.

And you can't advance otherwise.

You should read some of the people who are writing, they have good markers, the ones I look for.

There are earth bases, and military joint projects (which ET is far over their heads on), I'm not talkign about the ones here since sumar either. These are people who are relatively similar to use, ie. they share our channel, though some can operate in channels close to this as well. Many like that. There are also Higher Ups.

What are channels? I have a thread in my signature about the Holographic Universe and space-time. There are infinite space-time channels based on the planet or moons orbit of their star, and also density. Light spectrum channels, but that seems more related simply to phasing, ie, we don't see much.

There are two ways to try and not have bad encounters, or what is perceived as such. One is to pray or ask over and over, and then some may know longer remember or no its occurring. But in most cases, I believe all, it still is. So all they did was force it underground.

The second is to meditate, seek Higher Self, and work on your relationships and becoming loving and forgive all. To really strive to feel for everyone in the world and care deeply, love changes your experiences,.

If you're having memories of medical, but its higher ups, your experiences will transform to being shown more, understand more, and more positive.

If you're having negative experiences you may gain protection.

I've had both those things occur.

Because we're here to learn love. And sadly not enough few are doing anything. They're not taking responsibility for the leadership problem of this world, preferring to allow them to preselect corporate tools and then sit back and let them do as they please, and wonder why their freedoms are all eroding. Most don't want to be troubled with anything beyond their own lives and purchases, those who have money, and those who don't live in hell.
We're all being nudged strongly as to the state of this world.

We don't leave for better places until we learn to love.

[edit on 17-8-2010 by Unity_99]

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 09:50 AM
link   
you make many great points in this thread. i have always wondered the samething but i always wondered well what if it really was happening

[edit on 17-8-2010 by camaro68ss]

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by metalholic

actually unless ur an abductee you have no idea..as a matter of fact anyone that redicules someone for claiming they are an abductee is actually kinda ignorant it would be like you or someone else claiming that they can crap out a pineapple size piece of fecal matter no one else can so why would you?

no one has witnessed you do it..so all in all you must be a liar!?!

i call TROLL on this one!

[edit on 17-8-2010 by metalholic]

If what you present is the truth, then that makes your argument void. Obviously you are not skeptical of alien abductions. As such and according to your rational, you are unqualified to offer an opinion on those who are.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

What is happening is that the same group of off planet beings has been running a negative slave plannet here for some time, hundreds of thousands of years, from pre-Sumar days, Egypt, Maya. Read the Terra Papers and research. Read the Vedas. Our bloodlines and leaders are all their tools and they fight amongst themselves a lot, they're not a loving group in the least.

And many are here, some are working as agents for these fascist ETs, the negative sides, and some are very positive.

Research, but most important, meditate and sky watch. And ask for help for this planet under the stars.

Because this needs to end and fast.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Don't you think that a general blanket dismissal of a subject that affects thousands of people is just a teensy-weensy bit shallow?

OK... you haven't experienced this phenomena - and neither have I. I'd say that makes us lucky because by all accounts its actually quite a terrifying thing to have happen to you.

Now, I get that you don't believe it. Fine... but trying to make out abductees are mentally ill??? Low blow. You simply don't know that is the case at all.

Think about it. If we (humans) came across a planet with life on it, we'd want to study it. We go out on own own planet now and observe wildlife, tag it and track it, study its behaviour patterns and even carry out vivisection on it to see how it works

Any creature sufficiently advanced enough to have the capability and desire to explore the cosmos is likely to think the same way.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Merigold
I think a lot of people really truely believe that they have been abducted, and the intentional lie is not that common.
I think most stories are NOT intentional lies, at least most stories where I've seen the witnesses interviewed, they have me believing that they really believe something happened to them. Of course there probably are a few cases where people are lying but I never thought it's the majority.

The sleep paralysis explanation to me, is the one that makes most sense. I've experienced this phenonema once in my life, it was very scary and felt very real. When I "woke" up, I knew right away what it was, but I'll be damned if it didn't feel like something real had happened.
That explanation makes a great deal of sense and it can explain how people who are NOT lying can have genuine experiences which seem real to them.

[edit on 17-8-2010 by Arbitrageur]

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Hadrian

actually seeing what i've seen and experienced what i'v experienced you are not qualified to tell me what i'm qualified to do..step down solider

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join